• Plano East

2 22.22%
  • I dont Care

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: Wat would you Do?

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11
    i'm a freshmen at Clark High school in plano TX.
    First off son, I'm confused by your question. You ask should you play at Clark or Plano, but in the above statement, they are one and the same. That aside, I believe I have deciphered your dilemma.

While it would be nice to play on a team that you are the star, it won't push you to improve your skills. Go to the tougher program. You'll learn more football. The competition will make you better, and it will help you gauge your real talent. It sounds like you want to make it in football...maybe go to college and play? Sure, you could play on the Clark team, think that you are all that, and have your dreams crushed when no one selects you for a scholarship. What I suggest is pull up your boot straps, work hard, learn, and compete your way to a starting position on the tougher team, which will only make you stand out more and improve your chances to play at the college level. There are no easy streets in life son. You start taking the easy way out now, it will follow you the rest of your life and you'll go nowhere.
    Last edited by bigredman; -03-27-2006 at 02:48 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    First off son, I'm confused by your question. You ask should you play at Clark or Plano, but in the above statement, they are one and the same
    i go to clark high school which is in Plano, TX. But i can play for Plano East Senior High.

Is that more clear?:up:

:1:

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

There is nothing wrong with being the star as long as you are excelling to help your team win. Do it right, and it will work out at Clark if you are team oriented. BTW, it is hard to get noticed riding the pine. Like everyone else said, go with what makes you happiest. Enjoy it and good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

thanx for the advice SFCRamFan

Milan is offline Registered User

I thought this was going to be a Klondike Bar joke...

I'd go to Clark.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    There is nothing wrong with being the star as long as you are excelling to help your team win. Do it right, and it will work out at Clark if you are team oriented. BTW, it is hard to get noticed riding the pine. Like everyone else said, go with what makes you happiest. Enjoy it and good luck.
    Lousy advise. The kid is a freshman....the time to get noticed will be his junior and senior years. "Riding the Pine" is exactly where he needs to be right now, learning from the better players and coaches. If he can make the varsity as a freshman, there's no dishonor in riding the pine. Hell, you made the varsity squad. This kid has an opportunity that very few kids have. A choice of what school to attend. Lets see....go to the school that the scouts pay attention to...or the podunk school where he can be the star on the varsity as a freshman?

Thats the problem with so many of the kids nowadays. Its all about instant gratification, do what makes me feel good as opposed to what will make me a better player, student, and man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    First off son, I'm confused by your question. You ask should you play at Clark or Plano, but in the above statement, they are one and the same. That aside, I believe I have deciphered your dilemma.

While it would be nice to play on a team that you are the star, it won't push you to improve your skills. Go to the tougher program. You'll learn more football. The competition will make you better, and it will help you gauge your real talent. It sounds like you want to make it in football...maybe go to college and play? Sure, you could play on the Clark team, think that you are all that, and have your dreams crushed when no one selects you for a scholarship. What I suggest is pull up your boot straps, work hard, learn, and compete your way to a starting position on the tougher team, which will only make you stand out more and improve your chances to play at the college level. There are no easy streets in life son. You start taking the easy way out now, it will follow you the rest of your life and you'll go nowhere.
    I could not agree more with this. Beautifully done.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Saying that football is big in Texas is like saying it's cold in Alaska in winter. They have Jumbotron scoreboards and tailgate for HIGH SCHOOL GAMES.

Dude, play where you can play the most. Wherever you can play the most is so important right now because of development.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Have you met the coaches for both schools? If not, you should meet each of them and discuss the situation. That could make a big difference in your decision. You want a coach who is interested in developing you as a player and a person, not merely using you to win games. Maybe bring a parent with you when you meet and let them give you a second opinion.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Play wherever you can get on the field. Nobody develops their skills with splinters in their butt. There's a 99% chance that you will not play past high school. Now I'm not saying you're not that 1%, maybe you are. But odds are high school will be the extent of your football highlights, so get on the field NOW and play ever snap like it's your last.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Have you met the coaches for both schools? If not, you should meet each of them and discuss the situation. That could make a big difference in your decision. You want a coach who is interested in developing you as a player and a person, not merely using you to win games. Maybe bring a parent with you when you meet and let them give you a second opinion.
    Yes i have meet the both coaches from both schools. One of the coaches at clark treats mem like a star, cause i run track at clark and i never have to come in to prctice or anything, i just run in the meets. The other clark coach has been coaching me since 7th grade he treats me like a normal person.

But on the other hand the Coaches at East (thats plano east) are hard on me and always pickin on me. One reason why i think they pick on me more is because im a freshmen and another is because i think the see potential in me.

So right now im leaning towards East because the coaches push me more.

But thanx for the advise, i might just have a meeting with the coaches from both sides to talk about what they think about me.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    play ever snap like it's your last.
    I like that quote, saying or watever you want to call it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12