Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watchman

A-Web is offline Registered User

Re: Watchman

I loved the movie, the characterization and humanization of each individual, and the entire overall plot. I am a comic junkie, and thought the movie was as perfect as one could get.

On the other note, I thought the Spiderman series was as dreadful as a comic book movie(s) could ever be. Especially the final movie. But the second one was about as terrible too.

thoey is offline Registered User

Final? I thought I heard recently that Spiderman 4 is due next year.
    This space for rent...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You hated it for the wrong reasons and I recommend the comic, because it truly is a masterpiece. I wrote a review of how I felt on a different forum, I'll post it here.

"Look. I love Watchmen, I've read it many times. And when I heard there was going to be a movie, I was skeptical, but at the same time I went in thinking, hey this might be a great movie. So far the reviews have been positive, and that's encouraging. I went with a bunch of friends to the midnight screening and the positive reviews couldn't be further from the truth.

Trust me, I wanted to LOVE THIS MOVIE. I was really excited about it after all of the hype and I was let down...

Here were a few things I was upset about.

The pacing was absolutely horrible. They left out a lot of stuff from the graphic novel that was unnecessary...Yet they added/kept corny and cheesy lines that only delayed the audience from getting back to the seriousness of the plot. For a film that is over 2 and a half hours, I was expecting a good drama, because Watchmen isn't about all action. It should've been a captivating experience, and it just wasn't, unfortunately.

Some of the acting from certain characters were pretty bad. Malin Ackerman was just unconvincing in every way possible. Adrien (I don't know the actor's name, I apologize) was also very unconvincing. And while on the topic of Adrien, they showed his obsession with Rameses II...Which is...alright I guess, his name did come from Egypt (Ozymandias), but his real obsession was Alexander the Great, and the fact that his "dome" was pyramid-esque and filled with Egyptian memorabilia, I was pissed to say the least.

A lot of the symbolism that worked in Watchmen was lost in the movie adaptation. Once again, since the pacing sucked, they should've just added the Black Freighter so they could've atleast had a better setup for Adrien...because he is kind of a big deal in the GN, yet he sort of seemed like a random character in the movie.

The music was just crap. They only got the "Unforgettable" song by Nat King Cole right...

The lines they used directly from the comic actually worked...yet they kept screwing around with too much and ultimately it became one of the biggest disappointments I've ever witnessed.

There's a lot more, but it's 3:30 in the morning and I don't have the patience to write any more...especially if people aren't even going to read it which is usually the case. "

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

A-Web is offline Registered User

I read it, HAHA! You are not alone my friend.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    I read it, HAHA! You are not alone my friend.
    lol thanks man! Much appreciated. I didn't expect it to be as good as the comic, obviously, but the movie just sucked lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12