RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Ways to get taller?

My future high school coach wants me to grow about 2 more inches before next years season and he said if I do get those inches, My chances at a starting position rises.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does milk help? My parents say it does, but I'm not so sure.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Ways to get taller?

Genetics will be the main factor. However, during the past 150 years, the average height of Americans has increased by several inches. For instance, when I was born, a man who was 6'2" was considered very tall. Now, 6'2" isn't unusual. That's in a bit over 40 years.

So what caused this "growth spurt?" Nutrition and proper health care.

My advice? A military style regimen. Keep regular hours, even on weekends, because you need sleep for your body to "recharge". And keep it around 8 hours per night. Exercise regularly. Don't think that you have to buy one of those bowflex machines, you can do it on your own without spending a lot of cash. Run every day. We started at 1/4 mile in week 1, and worked our way up to 1 1/2 miles in week 6. Push-ups, jumping jacks, stretches, etc., like we had in basic training helped me add 20 pounds of needed weight (a lot of the bigger guys lost as much as 30 pounds in 6 weeks!).

Drink water, not soda. Milk will help. Stay away from "fast food" like McDonalds, etc. Fresh fruit and vegetables, either fresh or steamed, will do you a lot of good. Avoid ANYTHING fried. Fish and chicken are good choices for meats, although red meats in moderation are OK.

If you are serious about this, you might miss out on a few things that are typical for others your age. But, if you follow through, you will feel better, be in better shape, and might just add a couple of inches by fall.

Good luck. You can also do a google search for more info.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Well, I was born with an extra vertabrae in the lumbar region of my back and I grew to be 6'5". Perhaps you could get extra vertabrae surgically installed in your back. OK, not really.

Skill will prevail over height. Practice, practice, practice and let your height be what it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Drink milk, seriously it helps. I didn't drink much milk like 3 years ago and then started drinking alot more and grew like 7 inches in 3 years.
    RamsFan16

Your Nigerian Friend is offline Registered User

Drink the blood of a water buffalo. My tribe of Zulu's do very well with that.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Thanks for all your ideas I'll try them all to grow a couple more inches..

Quote Originally Posted by Your Nigerian Friend
    Drink the blood of a water buffalo. My tribe of Zulu's do very well with that.
    Uhhh yeah, ummmm...... Im not going to try your idea because that is CRAZY!! but Thanks any way...

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
    My future high school coach wants me to grow about 2 more inches before next years season and he said if I do get those inches, My chances at a starting position rises.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    The Rack. A couple months on that should get ya a couple inches easy. Its been successfully used throughout history, should do ya just fine.