Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

We shouldn't do this after 40?

I'm 42, and while driving to work this morning the local sports talk radio show finally entered the dead zone for the year. You know, the time between the NBA Championship and the beginning of football? Well, they were talking about what you shouldn't do after the age of 40. Here are some of them.

1. Eat Raman noodles.

Now, I have to question this one. I like them as a snack at work...not better than a Butterfinger but still it's ok for a snack. What's wrong with that?

2. Wear your hat backwards.

Oh come on, if I'm listening to some very groovy jazz tune I always throw my hat backwards and move my head to the music. Keeps me young.

3. Use the word "Dude"?

Dude is one of those words that can be used for any number of terms. Good looking girl? Duuuuuude. Smelly flatulance....DUDE. Stupid move....duDE?

Those were just a few I took exception to. Anyway, thought I would share.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: We shouldn't do this after 40?

E. Hogan and Buckey have no idea what the heck they are talking about. Seriously dude...I am just 32 but, I do like Raman, I often wear my hat backwards and c'mon DUDE is eternal..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Guys, don't let tx fool you. He's 42, only in dog years. His actual human age is 294.......that's why he's so cranky.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Pretty difficult to abstain from the things on that list when you're 47 going on 21.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

From my own experience, and witnessing the experiences of others over 40, here's my additions to the "Don't do this if you are over 40" list:

1. Don't wear spandex. Doesn't matter if you think you are the next Charles Atlas...don't so it.

2. Don't try to cut a 'stealth bomber' for fun. The counter-attack can be messy.

3. Don't say "Bling Bling". Not only does it make you sound retarded, but it makes Avenger angry. You don't want to see him angry.

4. Don't listen to Rap, Hip-Hop, or what passes for 'R & B' these days. Not only does it make you look retarded, it irritates everyone.

5. Don't date someone half your age. You might have dated her mother in high school, and your son might be dating her sister. Yes, this happened to me. Yes, it was awkward. No, it wasn't Mom....it was several weeks before I met her.

6. Don't try a 'comb-over'. Everyone knows you have thinning hair....why deny it?

7. Don't try to hang out in bars filled with college kids. You won't understand them, and they won't like you.

8. Don't buy a sports car or bike to 'be cool'. Your youth is gone. Buy a car or truck with class, or a nice regular motorcycle. Not only do they look better, but they are more comfortable, and if some jerk in a Mustang wants to race, well, there is nothing better than being the old man in a Caddy who just blew the doors off of a little punk....

9. Don't eat Popsicles. Fudge bars and Eskimo pies are OK, but it looks ridiculous when some old fart is sucking on a Bomb Pop.

10. Don't get hair plugs. It looks like some mad gardener is trying to grow zoysia grass on your head.

If anyone has need for further advice, just PM me.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    1. Eat Raman noodles.
    Raman noodles are ageless. I spice mine up with soy sauce, onion, and bits of ham.

2. Wear your hat back wards.
    I only do this when demonstrating to my kids proper blocking or defensive line techniques. Otherwise, I agree with this. You can listen to music with the bill forward Tex. (Jazz? Jazz? Texas?)

3. Use the word "Dude"?
    I'm from California, and a hippie to boot. It's part of my DNA.

Don't eat Popsicles. Fudge bars and Eskimo pies are OK, but it looks ridiculous when some old fart is sucking on a Bomb Pop.
    Excuse me buddy. I am a Popsicle aficionado. I got the "habit" from my Dad, and proudly carry on the tradition today. Popsicles are "old school", especially when one is older and trying to watch his weight. The last thing I need are fudge bars and Eskimo pies (although I love them, but my belly don't).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

1. Do not mow the lawn only wearing Speedos, flip-flops and a sombrero. Leave this to the younger men.

2. Do not pack a pair of socks in front of your underwear. By your age, the women are after money they perceive that you have, not your equipment.

3. It was terribly wrong as a youngster and it is even worse now - do not become a **** fan.

4. Do not refer to Muppets, imitate a Muppet, or own any Muppet gear.

5. It never was cool to wear a shirt that says "I'm With Stupid".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. It never was cool to wear a shirt that says "I'm With Stupid".
    Even if your best friend is a whiners fan?LOL

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Even if your best friend is a whiners fan?LOL
    Well, that is an error in judgement that probably deserves a whole new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

There is nothing wrong with popsicles. I dont care how old you are. The BigRedMan is right on this one (as he is on most things), popsicles are one of the great joys of life, especially the sugar free variety.

Here are things i would add post age 40-

1) make sure you have a will
    2) make sure you have a living will with a durable health care power of attorney
    3) if you have kids/wife, make sure you carry at least some term life insurance, its relatively cheap
    4) dont smoke (really at any age)

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RFS
    2. Don't try to cut a 'stealth bomber' for fun. The counter-attack can be messy.
    Practice what ya preach there, bub. :tongue:
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Cool sig Mom...that's a Luis Royo airbrush painting. Wicked cool. I have some of his work tattood on me. That one is actually one of my favorites.

Sorry to get off topic...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Cool sig Mom...that's a Luis Royo airbrush painting. Wicked cool. I have some of his work tattood on me. That one is actually one of my favorites.

Sorry to get off topic...
    OK.....NOW I know whose artwork I altered!

ram3057 is offline Registered User

LOL LOL

1. Do not mow the lawn only wearing Speedos, flip-flops and a sombrero. Leave this to the younger men.
    LOL

I can relate.

Four things that have happened to me so far this year:

1) Fell of a skateboard, broke my left wrist. (Too late at night, too many beers).

2) Smacked my index finger with a hammer when installing a new floor. (Distracted for just a split second).

3) Slammed my foot into an open door when jumping over a pile of laundry in the laundry room. (Broken toe).

4) My doctor says that she would like to see me lose 30 pounds. (I would like to see me lose 3 pounds).

:clanram:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    OK.....NOW I know whose artwork I altered!
    Well, glad I could help you figure that one out...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast