Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What? No Guts?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

What? No Guts?

Sickening that some who give out negative reputation points, simply because they disagree with what a person writes, are apparently too cowardly to leave their name.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: What? No Guts?

Maybe they did not know they should leave their name.

So you got some negative points eh fert......you have been pretty angry and vocal lately. It is not a huge surprise, but it wasn't me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've had a few of these negative rep points, too. I don't worry about them too much.
    Now, I have given positive rep points without a comment or my name, sometimes that seems to be enough. But when I DO give neg points (to Mikey or LOTR for instance), I point out why. (usually because the person is a jerk, not because I disagree. Discussion is what the board is all about!)

I get them all the time

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe it was me, ferter. What are you going to do about it, tough guy! :tongue:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Sickening that some who give out negative reputation points, simply because they disagree with what a person writes, are apparently too cowardly to leave their name.

This happens quite often to most people who have been here a while, so I don't know that it's something to get worked up about.

Though, I am curious how leaving a negative report anonymously means that a) the sender is somehow cowardly by doing so, and b) the sender automatically disagrees with the poster. It could just be that a) the sender doesn't see a need to publicly confront the poster, and/or b) the sender may disagree with the tone or attitude of the poster and not necessarily the content.

Having said all that, I have no idea who disagreed with the poster on this particular ocassion, or why they disagreed with the poster.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Ferter, you and I see eye to eye on this one. Somebody gave me negative points with this nice little tag line to go along with it -----

"Your an idiot grow a brian.You are an idiot grow a brain. Fight the issues as they come up."

And of course there was no signature, so I'll broadcast my answer, and maybe the person that gave me this lovely Christmas card will be listening. So here it goes; The good Lord gave me more than "brain" to handle everything that comes along. However, I must admit I wouldn't have the first clue how to "grow a brian". I'd love to know your secret to growing good brian.

While your request for me to grow a brain is denied, I would like to request the original giver of these points to grow a portion of body further south and man up with a signature next time.

Thanks, and have a pleasant day
    Roy G. Biv
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Milan is offline Registered User

Yeah I lost three points, One told me why, but didn't leave his name, although I know who it is. He didn't like me using the word "Damn" so I got a negative, I guess I'll try to cut down on that...So I guess that one was my fault, the other two didn't leave their names.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    I get them all the time
    Indeed. What's funnier is I've gotten two that were sent as disagreements/negative, but both had comments that said something along the lines of "good post." I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    you have been pretty angry and vocal lately.
    Angry? Cmon Blitz, you of all people should know better. Do you find me to be unapproachable? I just express my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    I get them all the time
    Um-anon? I know better....lol

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Maybe it was me, ferter. What are you going to do about it, tough guy!
    Express my opinion about it, which I have done. BTW pip-squeak, it would not surprise me at all if it were indeed you.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Though, I am curious how leaving a negative report anonymously means that a) the sender is somehow cowardly by doing so, and b) the sender automatically disagrees with the poster. It could just be that a) the sender doesn't see a need to publicly confront the poster, and/or b) the sender may disagree with the tone or attitude of the poster and not necessarily the content.
    Because that is my opinion, Hub. To me, it is backstabbing over a difference of opinion. The negative points I received were linked to an opinion that I posted. The post was not negative, it was just my opinion, which differed from another opinion.

Hub, are you psychic? If so, that would answer my question as to how in the sam hell you could know someones attitude or tone when they write an opinion. It is amazing how some folks think they know the inner workings or nature of a person, when in actual fact, they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    Ferter, you and I see eye to eye on this one.
    That's cool. I'm sure we might agree on many things, just not all things.

reputation system:
    In my opinion, this reputation system is a joke. It is not a fair system to begin with and when I get negative points simply for expressing a differing opinion, I begin to think twice about posting any future opinions.

I sent out some rep points when we started the system, but I no longer bother using it. Personally, I like to express my opinions, whether they be in agreement or disagreement, rather than use the sniper approach.

Apparently an anonymous individual did not like this opinion either, since I received more negative points for posting it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hub, are you psychic? If so, that would answer my question as to how in the sam hell you could know someones attitude or tone when they write an opinion. It is amazing how some folks think they know the inner workings or nature of a person, when in actual fact, they do not.
    I wish I were. I would have retired to the Caribbean a long time ago.....hmm, maybe that's how Miss Cleo got there.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that a keyboard and a monitor fall a long ways short of defining the message any poster intends. However, that is all the reader has to go from. Whenever someone reads a post they are going to read it with their own implied tone and attitude, which amounts (to some degree) to a guessing game.

It's not completely fair, but such is electronic communication.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ahhhh....so this is where it's coming from. I just sent you a negative point Ferter, signed it and told you to bring it, don't hold back. I didn't see this thread.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Angry? Cmon Blitz, you of all people should know better. Do you find me to be unapproachable? I just express my opinions.
    Perhaps not angry, but passionate and critical lately. I have no issues with what you are saying. The team is not doing well. It is fine to be critical. No, I do not find you unapproachable or unreasonable. I have never had any problems talking with you and I have always enjoyed conversations with you.

In my opinion, this reputation system is a joke. It is not a fair system to begin with and when I get negative points simply for expressing a differing opinion, I begin to think twice about posting any future opinions.
    I don't put too much value in the reputation system. I am not sure many people even know to use it. I pass on some positive points when someone impresses me, but I don't do it very much. I have not received that many points myself. I think I have only given 2 negative ones and one was in fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

use it all the time.

I give positive and negative points but I will always let the user know why.

I dont get many positive points myself ....... but then, I am bigger than most

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I just sent you a negative point Ferter, signed it and told you to bring it, don't hold back.
    Well thanks....lol

You know though, that is one of the things that makes the system unfair. It's more than a point when a mod does it and it is barely a point coming from a basic member. In my opinion, that seems like tyranny at its' finest.

It's all opinion based. It is someones opinion that a said persons opinion deserves negative rep points. That basically means one opinion is valued more than the next? And one opinion is simply anonymous. It is like a person is being forced to conform to one line of thinking and any different thoughts be damned or suffer the bad rep. That is unfair and confusing, to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast