Thread: What? No Guts?

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Re: What? No Guts?

how do u check your rep points?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRam!
    how do u check your rep points?
    If you click on "User CP" in the tool bar at the top, you will see a section called "Latest Reputation Received". This shows all the positive and negative reputation points that has been given with either a green or red square. To the upper right of that section is a point value. It may be either negative or positive.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If you click on "User CP" in the tool bar at the top, you will see a section called "Latest Reputation Received". This shows all the positive and negative reputation points that has been given with either a green or red square. To the upper right of that section is a point value. It may be either negative or positive.
    Explain this. I actually have one thats not red or green, it's blank I guess, kind of purple looking. The comment with it was positive but no point was awarded. Weird stuff lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Sickening that some who give out negative reputation points, simply because they disagree with what a person writes, are apparently too cowardly to leave their name.
    You are kidding aren't you? We had this conversation over a year ago about the meaning and value of being positive or negative and whether it was just better to be balanced (or unbalanced as the case may be ...).

Not too long ago I voiced the opinion in response to someone who had a similar concern (RamsfanSam, I think) that they shouldn't care about what people think.
    Of course that prompted your local juvenile to tag me with some negative points and the remark "Well, you shouldn't care about this then either."

Well, that of course changed nothing and I still don't care. In fact, dog pile if you like. Personally I prefer the color red to green anyway. Anything would be better than that puke yellow highlight around the user name.

If you're really worried how many green rectangles you can maintain, create multiple user names, build up the post count and then start hash slinging ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Explain this. I actually have one thats not red or green, it's blank I guess, kind of purple looking. The comment with it was positive but no point was awarded. Weird stuff lol.
    I believe those are to indicate someone has given you a comment but do not have a high enough post total to leave points.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I believe those are to indicate someone has given you a comment but do not have a high enough post total to leave points.
    That is what most of mine look like. I guess I get points from people who don't talk much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Well now that explains it hehe.
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    You are kidding aren't you?
    No, I'm not kidding about that. Some just have no sack. I know who it was anyways. Acts like a child just because I disagreed with his post. Of course there was a specific definition for a word, as it pertained, which was conveniently left out.

But nevermind about this Jr. High reputation crap. Just call me sleazy and leave the red light on. This board used to be fun until it became so concerned with being politically correct. The ***-kissers and yes-men are taking over....lol

:moon:
    Last edited by HUbison; -12-14-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Milan is offline Registered User

I just got a negative point, wasn't signed or anything just said

"-"

Because I said that the Arcade didn't have pacman because they'd be making a profit off of it but it doesn't really matter, a meaningless statistic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12