throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What we are missing in St. Louis

Lately there has been a lot of media talk about coverage on the Rams. I thought I would share a little of what Minnesota gets on a daily bases from their media that we can only dream about.

1) Star and Tribune has at least 2 full pages in there sports section that covers camp EVERYDAY

2) Pioneer Press has one sheet that covers camp everyday

3) KFAN-A sports talk radio channel that is geared at Minnesota sports, but is the flag ship for the Vikings

4) A 30 minute program on Fox Sports that covers all of camp on a daily bases

5) After Sunday games both the Trib and Pioneer Press have complete Viking inserts that break down the game and their next opponent

6) The Rams have like or five people that provide all the coverage on the Rams to the media this includes the local paper. For the Vikings I can count and least 14.

7) There is 2 local news channels that after the evening news is over, on Sunday nights they have Sports Rap. Where they talk about the Vikings short comings.

8) They have public gatherings at the Viking complex for several events

9) There website is done in a professional manner and always current

And to think....this is only 1/2 of the extra media coverage that those in Wisconsin get with the Packers. You could add another 10 things to there list easily.

Don't you all think the Rams really get screwed now?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: What we are missing in St. Louis

In a way maybe, but those of us who live in the area already know, it's a baseball town. Always has been always will be.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Ya on my trip to St.Louis the cards got swept by the cubs and all you could hear walking around the city(and in rams camp)was how wrong it was that they couldn't beat the cubs.

HoltFever Guest

Angry Re: What we are missing in St. Louis

i know he cardinals ar better than the cubs

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

And to think....this is only 1/2 of the extra media coverage that those in Wisconsin get with the Packers. You could add another 10 things to there list easily.
    I think it'll just take time. The Vikings and Packers have been embedded in Minnesota and Wisconsin for much longer, and even their nicknames are tied to those locations. Most of the adult population in St. Louis on the other hand didn't grow up rooting for the Rams. As generations of fans grow up cheering for them as the home team, the demand for media coverage will grow.