Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Re: What was your first job?

My first job was working at McDonalds. At the time I loved it when we could make our own food items when the bosses (crew chiefs) were gone. I swear that I invented the Egg McMuffin, but to this day, have I been recognized for this infamous food icon? NOT, ůSo I just buy one from time to time in memory of my creation.

So next time any of you eat an Egg McMuffin, remember that you kinda sorta know the creator!!!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Jake, a couple of questions, my true husker rambro.

Did you get paid by the ear or by the hour? Did the experience affect your interest in eating corn in later life? Do you prefer corn on the cobb or niblets? Creamed or regular? Interesting data point on the fertilization comment, not sure how to respond to that, other than to say that i hope you didnt terrify any of the women huskers when you exposed your jolly green giant.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The crew I was on paid us by the hour, but some other crews in the area would pay you based on how many rows you finished. I was a speed demon in the field, so being paid per row might've made me a richer boy, but I had a sort of "family" obligation with our crew [and the bosses loved us & would occasionally take us out to eat].

It didn't affect my taste for corn, but I do now have a sharp eye for missed corn tassels and could pull a whole field blindfolded without missing one. I prefer corn on the cob over creamed or niblets, especially sweet corn if I can get a hold of some. Just roll it in some butter, add some salt, and gnaw away.

Exposing the jolly green giant was done out of sheer desperation. I was left behind by the crew one day and had to go badly, but the only porta potty in the field was knocked over, with blue goo spilled all over the inside. Luckily there was a type of viney plant in the field with very soft leaves.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    [and yes, i did take a dump in a field once. no, i didn't use corn leaves]
    For once I read the fine print and it made me laugh!

My first job was ... Working an a resturant as a dishwasher. I got all the free food I wanted Cod, Hamburger, anything
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RammieGirl
    So next time any of you eat an Egg McMuffin, remember that you kinda sorta know the creator!!!
    You are my hero RammieGirl I love the egg mcmuffins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Disco....there is such a thing as too much information and you have wandered into that area....and others are following you. Stop now while you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My first job was working at McDonalds. At the time I loved it when we could make our own food items when the bosses (crew chiefs) were gone. I swear that I invented the Egg McMuffin, but to this day, have I been recognized for this infamous food icon? NOT, ůSo I just buy one from time to time in memory of my creation.

What RammieGirl didn't tell us about are all the "trial runs" that failed before she invented the legendary breakfast sandwich. For example, she first experimented with the Apple Pie McFishMuffin, which had a filet-o-fish and a hot apple pie sandwiched between an english muffin. Another breakfast failure was the fried hot cakes with special sauce.

Eventually, RammieGirl got it right. Perhaps, if we're really nice to her, she can tell us who invented the McRib sandwich, so we can hunt him down and kill him.

mine was as a milk boy. 4am, out on the milk round delivering pints of milk to homes. Great fun but at 13 years old, never new how much I was being taken for.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

This is extremely suspicious.

1. The original Egg McMuffin (English Muffin, egg, Canadian-style Bacon, "cheese") was one of the original McDonald's breakfast items. Before the McMuffin, McDonald's wasn't even open for breakfast. (Other original items included the "Hotcakes and Sausage" and the unitary Hash Brown). RammieGirl would have had to supply her own Canadian Bacon, English Muffin and egg to make this happen.

2. It is true that from time to time individual McDonald's would be allowed to "experiment", and sometimes it paid off. Most of the time, the new items came from above. The Hawaiian burger was a dismal failure. The McDLT was nicknamed the McBFD by one college classmate of mine (don't ask). The McLean Deluxe might have been made by a local operator if he could figure out how to put seawood (carageenan) into the burger patty. The Washington DC McDonald's used to have regular fried chicken, and of course the various pizza experiments cannot be forgotten.

3. It is true that you could sometimes make your own creations in fast food places in the good old days. I worked at a Pizza Hut during those times (my concoctions for personal ingestion was a combo of ham, meatball mozzerella and sauce). One bad co-worker of mine was making himself a snack. He stretched out a raw little piece of dough, and put on a splash of sauce one side, a little cheese on the other side, and one mushroom. Then, we got a rush. Well, somehow, some way, that little raw piece of dough found its way into a small pizza box. And somehow, some way, an take-out order got associated with that box with the little piece of dough with the splash of sauce and a sprinkle of cheese and one mushroom. Somehow, some way, that box was sold to a paying customer who took it home and hit the roof. We would have been mortified if we could have stopped laughing!

BernieM is offline Registered User

Exotic dancer.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    What RammieGirl didn't tell us about are all the "trial runs" that failed before she invented the legendary breakfast sandwich. For example, she first experimented with the Apple Pie McFishMuffin, which had a filet-o-fish and a hot apple pie sandwiched between an english muffin. Another breakfast failure was the fried hot cakes with special sauce.

Eventually, RammieGirl got it right. Perhaps, if we're really nice to her, she can tell us who invented the McRib sandwich, so we can hunt him down and kill him.

I created that too, what's your problem with McDonalds big guy???? LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12