general counsel is offline Registered User

when was your last all-nighter?

I arrived at my office at 915am sunday for a series of meetings to try and get to the finish line on a contract for the purchase of a franchise company. We have been working on this deal for months. I didnt leave my office until almost 9am monday. The goods news is that i got the deal signed up and we are moving to a closing at the end of august.

When is the last time you stayed up round the clock? Answers can be either work related or party related (which is a lot more fun of course).

I had been awake from 5am sunday until 930 monday and i was so wired i couldnt sleep so i had to get on the bike for 30 minutes when i finally got home. Got a few hours of sleep last night and am now ready to work my tail off to get to closing.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: when was your last all-nighter?

March of 1985.

Arrived at work Friday morning at 11am and didn't head home until Saturday 1pm. At that time I lived 1 hour from work.

I was supervising a dock crew of a Major Trucking company and because of snowstorms we had gotten all backed up.

I don't miss those days.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Last fall, around the end of November beginning of December. For my Education 461 ("Promoting Literacy Connections") course, we had to create a complete literature unit around one book and also had to create a corresponding self-made supplementary children's book to use in conjunction. The project was due on a Thursday morning, so the day before, I spent three hours teaching fourth graders, had my own different class to attend that afternoon, then spent the rest of the night into the morning finalizing the 27-page project. Got an A.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Usually once a month I get to the point where I'm so backed up I have to work 30 hours straight to get caught up and make my deadlines...no fun at all.

Last time I stayed up all night having fun? Guess it was the last time I went to Vegas about 3 years ago.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

About a year ago, we were on a fugitive detail. We got a tip that our guy was shacked up in a hotel room in a nearby resort town. The problem being, this town has nearly 1,000,000 hotel rooms to check. No sleep for a couple of days.

FWIW, that individual is currently spending his time (and the next 9 years of his life) in a federal penal facility.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod