AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Who Impresses You and Why?

Who is it that impresses you? What person gives you inspiration? What is done by another that provides an example that you follow?

Is it an athlete? A person in your community? A family member? AlphaRam? Who?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who Impresses You and Why?

I'm impressed by people who can play musical instruments. The amount of work it takes to do it well is staggering, and I tip my cap to anyone who has done so.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm impressed by people who can play musical instruments. The amount of work it takes to do it well is staggering, and I tip my cap to anyone who has done so.

How about those who can play 4, and are getting ready to start a 5th?

As for me, there is an AM radio talk host in Springfield, MO that has been nothing short of heroic since the Great Ice Storm 2007 started. His name is Vincent Jericho. What he did was had people call in with whatever they needed, whether it was directions to the nearest gas station that had power and gas to inhalers for an asthmatic child (who now, by the way, has enough now to last YEARS). People would call offering help to complete strangers, and he himself even housed an 82-year-old woman who was a WWII vet. He adopted her as his new Grandma...LOL

Anyhoo, he did this after he heard of it being done in New Orleans after Katrina hit. He was on for 35 hours out of the first 48, and has really brought people together.
    Last edited by MOM; -01-18-2007 at 06:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    AlphaRam?
    The real question should be who isn't impressed and inspired by Alpha Ram.

But seriously, I would have to say that my mother is the most impressive and inspiring person I know. She and my father are small business owners so she works tirelessly there, but she also takes care of my grandfather who is in his 80s and is always there for me as a supportive loving parent. She's really an incredible person.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I am impressed with people that give so much time and energy to other people. People that are selfless and understanding and give an unconditional type of love. They put other people before themselves.

P.S.-THis thread deserves some love, unfortunately I have to spread it around first. Nice thread Alpha, I am sure a couple of my Clansman will help me out with the love.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -01-21-2007 at 09:54 AM.

There are many kinds of people that impress me.

I am impressed by those who stand up to bullies. In this, I mean the person that defends another against a stronger foe. It is easier to keep quiet and go your own way but it takes a hell of a personto get involved. This is not to be confused with meddling or getting involved when you shouldn't. I am even more impressed if such an individual is a teenager that stands up for right for another despite peer pressure.

I am impressed with all people that serve in the military. Even in peace time, the people in the service run the risk of going into conflict. Also, let's face it, military training isn't always safe, either. I have recently read two books regarding men kept as POWs by the Japanese. In is sickening to read some of the inhumane things that were done to Australian, British, Indian, American and Chinese prisoners of war.

I am impressed by those that fight chronic and terminal diseases. It would be easy to give up and feel sorry for yourself when this occurs. However, there are millions each day that choose not to go gently into the night. They get up when they don't feel well, they exercise when their body screams no, and they take an active part in learning long words based in Latin and Greek that is the language of doctors.

There will have to be a pert 2 for me to finish....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Looks like Avenger is in a mood and ready to push some buttons and some limits today. Watch out, the trouble maker is warming up.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I am impressed with any and all RAMS fans.

BernieM is offline Registered User

Im impresed by peeple who arre good spelerrs.

I am not impressed with Mungo Jerry. He can sing a song that advocates date rape "her daddy's poor, just do what you feel" and get air play to this day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viper is offline Registered User

I'm impressed by those of you that know about and can speak intelligently about the players that will be coming available in free agency and the draft. I basically follow your leader. Thanks for your efforts!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You got pwned.
    I'm impressed by anyone that can tell me what exactly "pwned" is. Ok, maybe not impressed, but I'd certainly appreciate it. I have no idea what a lot of these Internet made-up words mean. And don't even get me started on all the text message acronyms.

I've always been impressed by a parent who puts their children ahead of themselves. Maybe I'm just having a parental moment, but I don't understand how anyone can put themselves ahead of their kids, and worse, neglect them all together.

Like I said, just having a daddy moment.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm impressed by Nick. He goes to college at I believe West Virginia and yet still finds time to scout/evaluate College Players and give his insight on our mock drafts with his thoughts and ideas, and also knows everything and anything about every player in the NFL.

He my friends is the true defination of a mulitasker!

Thank you Nick!
    Also my mom and dad.
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -01-25-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm impressed by anyone that can tell me what exactly "pwned" is. Ok, maybe not impressed, but I'd certainly appreciate it. I have no idea what a lot of these Internet made-up words mean. And don't even get me started on all the text message acronyms.
    Ok then let me impress you....

add urbandictionary.com to you favorite places. It is a great resource for words like pwned.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

Look up "dust off" in there.....I posted an article about that before and they have the definition in there which matches. Kids beware. :x

I am impressed by people who overcome fear and conventional thinking to do what has not been done before. The guys in the X games, for instance, or Steve Irwin with the his love and knowledge of the animals that are not known for being cute and cuddly.

I am also impressed by the people who take on confused and angry kids or animals that have some real issues. Time, love, and guidance can bring out the good side in most troubled souls, but not many are willing to put the time and effort in to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ok then let me impress you....

add urbandictionary.com to you favorite places. It is a great resource for words like pwned.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
    Thanks, Utter. I've wondered about that for some time now. I got a computer geek brother that loves Warcraft.......wonder why he never told me, hmm?

At any rate, with this new knowledge in hand, I'm now impressed by people who have honed their computer skills to the point of creating elaborate virtual universes, AND can still maintain at or above a 3rd grade spelling ability.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod