UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Who knows about mercury and ADD?

My nephew Mark, up in PA, has been diagnosed as ADD. They had him tested for various things and they found that he has an abnormal amount of mercury in his system. They don't eat a lot of fish and the tap water was tested and it did not contain anything unusual. One of the possible causes of mercury buildups is from vaccinations. I had never heard about this before. Has anyone else heard about this? Some people are connecting ADD and autism to various environmental toxins.

Here is a website with some information. Autism Mercury

Has anyone read about this before or had any experience with it?
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -03-12-2008 at 10:50 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Who knows about mercury and ADD?

Renee, since I work at a hospital and have a young daughter, I do ask a LOT of questions. I'm lucky enough to have a really good doctor who isn't afraid to speak his opinions.

Last year, the hospital offered free flu shots to all employees and their families. Since Sami was in first grade and we all know how many kids go to school sick, I asked Dr. McKay if he thought Sami should get a flu shot. He said even the pediatric vials had thermisol as a preservative. He also told me that some children are unable to eliminate the mercury (and other substances like fluoride) from their systems. He asked me if I thought the risk was really worth taking, considering she is a very healthy kid.

You might be surprised to learn what chemicals humans have in their bodies and what damage those chemicals can do. I have a severe reaction to fluoride, and it causes my teeth to be brittle and crack, and my bones a little easier to break. I remember hearing that all people have some kind of chemical found in rocket fuel.

I do know that I have met a woman whose son was diagnosed with ADD. Instead of putting him on drugs, his mother changed his diet. No artificial colors, sweeteners, preservatives, or additives. A 100% organic diet. Her son is now a very calm, well behaved kid.

Keep checking. You'll find out that mercury is what caused "mad hatter's disease". I'm sure there is a legitimate doctor who can help your nephew.

BTW...did anyone consider environmental exposure, such as mercury emissions from an industrial source?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Who knows about mercury and ADD?

There may be a legitmate doctor that can help, and they may have already found that doctor. Some of the kids are already trying a restricted diet which is very natural and bland. No sugers, no preservatives, no chemicals, and not very tasty according to the kids. Two of the high strung ones are reacting better now that they are on the diet.

They did say that some people have trouble getting rid of certain metals and elements that are in their bodies. Mark may have trouble with mercury. I think they are using a detox chemical to flush the mercury out of his system.

As far as environmental concerns go, that is always a possibility. They live in a rural part of the state and there is a large piece of land with behind there house with nothing on it. I often wonder what they land might have been used for before and if anything has leached into the soil and water table.

This is interesting to me. What we put in our bodies has a direct impact our well being and behavior. Some think about it, some don't, some trust the doctors. We should be careful about all the medical companies making new drugs everyday which can cure just about anything.

It seems that we all should be thinking about what we put in our bodies and asking a LOT of questions is a good idea.

Thanks for the input Sam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]