throwback week

coy bacon Guest

Why Bush is better than Gore

I viewed the 2000 elections as picking the lesser of two evils, and I voted for Bush. Many Repubs and conservatives that I knew derided Gore and went too far in their criticisims of him, in my opinion. I thought Gore was ok, but not great, Bush slightly better. Both ranked low overall.

But now I see a side of Gore that has caused me to lose all respect for him. He's another invertebrate in the group of Democratic invertebrates that have ruled this nation... Carter - Clinton / Gore.

Don't forget, the majority of 9/11 Muslim terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. They did not come from a back ground of poverty or want. Al Gore has played the *****, and sold himself, and his nation, for a few dollars more.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060213/..._ea/saudi_gore

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Why Bush is better than Gore

Actually, niether one of them was worth voting for...

What we need is a REAL president....someone like Reagan.

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Actually, niether one of them was worth voting for...

What we need is a REAL president....someone like Reagan.

Now that! is one of the most intelligent things I've seen on this board for a real long time.

I think I like you Sam.

Reagan was the best President during my lifetime thus far.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Now that! is one of the most intelligent things I've seen on this board for a real long time.

I think I like you Sam.

Reagan was the best President during my lifetime thus far.
    My hope is that a Reagan-esque candidate shows him/herself before '08. I'd hate to know that my vote will be based solely on whichever candidate isn't named Hillary.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Want to know something? I hated Reagan. But, I cannot argue that he did a good job...
    Reagan won a war (a cold war, but still...) without firing a single shot.

Not too bad...for a republican.

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Want to know something? I hated Reagan. But, I cannot argue that he did a good job...
    Reagan won a war (a cold war, but still...) without firing a single shot.

Not too bad...for a republican.

Sun Tzu, in the "Art of War" said something like "the greatest military achievement is defeating your enemy without ever having to do battle."

Yeppers, that's what Reagan did. Few liberals today understand the significance of what he accomplished.

Hub,
    who do you think would be a good Pres in 08? I honestly don't have a clue as to who's running, and who is really good. Frist? Gingrich? McClain?

Hub,
    who do you think would be a good Pres in 08? I honestly don't have a clue as to who's running, and who is really good. Frist? Gingrich? McClain?
    I'm right there with you, Coy. I don't see the Reagan frontrunner anywhere in sight. Maybe Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckeba or PA Senator Rick Santorum, if I had to pick right now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I like the Dez/Mom ticket. Appeals to a wide range of special interest groups, and with a pair as good looking and articulate as those two, think of the impact during the televised debates.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think Reggie Bush will, in fact, turn out to be a better Pro than Frank Gore. However, I have to say, before Gore blew out his knees in college (he tore both ACLs while at UM) he looked like he was going to be one of their best ever. I wonder how a never-injured Gore would have stacked up against Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think Reggie Bush will, in fact, turn out to be a better Pro than Frank Gore. However, I have to say, before Gore blew out his knees in college (he tore both ACLs while at UM) he looked like he was going to be one of their best ever. I wonder how a never-injured Gore would have stacked up against Bush.
    Now here's the part of the show where everyone gets to line up and took a shot at AV for....

1. de-railing this thread
    2. bringing football into the lounge
    3. unsportsmanlike use of humor

psycho9985 Guest

I'll vote for any Capitalist over any socilaist,so I guess I'll be voting Republican as always.

If we get another Reagan we'll be ok until we dont.

Long live Ronald Raygun.

I think Bush is a RINO. Rudy Guiliani might get my vote.