Who was the all time worst

Stalin
    Hitler
    Pol Pot

Anyone i am missing?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 Guest

Re: Worst criminals of the 20th century?

1. Mao
    2. Sadamn Insane
    3. Caligula
    4. Bill Clinton

general counsel Guest

Did you really hate the Caligula movie that much psycho?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

you missed anyone involved in the whiners ................. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hmm, interesting question...can one quantify evil, and if so, how?

For sheer numbers, I would have to say Hitler.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

HUbison, from a sheer numbers standpoint, i believe that the historically correct number is stalin. Hitler probably wins the title for most destruction in the shortest period of time. However, as a percentage of population killed, i believe the grand prize winner is Pol Pot, who was responsible for an estimated death toll of about a third of the popluation of cambodia, and he actually walked away and was never tried.

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    HUbison, from a sheer numbers standpoint, i believe that the historically correct number is stalin. Hitler probably wins the title for most destruction in the shortest period of time. However, as a percentage of population killed, i believe the grand prize winner is Pol Pot, who was responsible for an estimated death toll of about a third of the popluation of cambodia, and he actually walked away and was never tried.

general counsel
    Yea, I guess when all was said and done Stalin was responsible for more carnage than Hitler, but as you said, Hitler was in a shorter period of time. And you make a good point about Pol Pot...for comparison sake, imagine a President ordering the deaths of 100 million Americans, percentage wise it's about the same as Pol Pot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

argpdt Guest

Worst Criminals, outside of major political leaders:
    1) High school shooters. Columbine was close to home for me.
    2) Suicide bombers. They should just take themselves out and leave the innocent bystanders alone.
    3) Saddam Hussein's sons. Thankfully they no longer exist.

psycho9985 Guest

Did you really hate the Caligula movie that much psycho?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Didnt see it,but i'll look for it.Whos in it anyway.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Well if we are going to look strickly at numbers one would have to say Harry Truman. He gave the order to drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing hundreds of thousands.

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Well if we are going to look strickly at numbers one would have to say Harry Truman. He gave the order to drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing hundreds of thousands.
    Perhaps you were being sarcastic but, if you were not, how was that "criminal."

The U.S. was at war with Japan after they attacked us. While dropping the atomic bombs killed many people, doing so saved American lives by prompting Japan's surrender.

The U.S. should have a very high threshhold when it comes to the decision to go to war, but when truly threatened, the philosophy should be as follows:

How many of the enemy should the U.S. be willing to kill to save the life of an American soldier?

Answer: all of them.

As much as I agree with what you are saying Avenger....who are you saying when you say "they"? Are you talking about that little girl, with the doll that was innocently playing hopscotch when she heard the loud rumble of a plane over head. Or maybe the young mother cooking a meal for her family when she sees this incredible bright light.

I bet there are lot of people out there that feel our actions were criminal and still feel the effects of what we did. And I am not saying your wrong. But, it is all in the eyes of the beholder. In the same breath there were millions that thought Hitler (the low life slim that he was) was doing the right thing.

I support 100% what you are saying, but there is always two sides to every story.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Perhaps you were being sarcastic but, if you were not, how was that "criminal."

The U.S. was at war with Japan after they attacked us. While dropping the atomic bombs killed many people, doing so saved American lives by prompting Japan's surrender.

The U.S. should have a very high threshhold when it comes to the decision to go to war, but when truly threatened, the philosophy should be as follows:

How many of the enemy should the U.S. be willing to kill to save the life of an American soldier?

Answer: all of them.

So is morality absolute or relative? Ah, the age old question... we'll leave that for another thread.

My point is, if its necessary to entirely destroy an enemy in order to prevent them from killing Americans, or even a single American, then that is what must be done.

ooohh my friend....PLEASE DON'T take this the wrong way!

BUT

Hitler very much believed in this very same theory and where did it get him. Kill before being killed.

And again, I am with you 100%. But, respect the fact that many more people out there besides me believe in something totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    My point is, if its necessary to entirely destroy an enemy in order to prevent them from killing Americans, or even a single American, then that is what must be done.

Again, it ultimately goes to the question of whether there truly is right and wrong, or if its all relative.

The day I believe its all relative - that right and wrong is are merely questions of perspective - is the day I move to the mountains somewhere and become a hermit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast