rampower is offline Registered User

X box hits the uk.

The x box is here, in the uk. So far the response in may area is lukewarm. Its sold bag loads in the USA and not as well in japan.

Anybody got one? If so what do you think? Worth the cash?

I know the graphics look great, but is the gameplay improved?

is it that much better than ps2 or the cheaper nintendo gamecube? (released here may 3rd)

YodaRam Guest
    Hey rampower,
    I just bought an X-box about a month ago and i love it!!!!!! I've been buying game systems since the first Atari system: some 7 or 8 systems since including the short-lived Jaguar sys. and the never-catch-up money pit Sega systems. So i know what it's like trying to decide whether or not to take the dive!!
    The Xbox is THE ONE! Graphics and gameplay are awesome, many games are available, with many more in development, and it's made by Microsoft, backed by Bill Gates. One title, NFL Fever 2002, is incredible! Stunning graphics, yes, but the game is actually controllable! Lots of options. At first i thought the controller looked a bit too bulky and complicated to use but it's actually very comfotable and easy to use. Also, built-in vibrating effect pack.
    Saving games is easy too. You can buy memory packs if you need to but with the huge hard disk memory that it has, it will take a quite a while before you need one. It will also play DVD's, about $30.00 U.S. dollars extra for the "kit", basically a remote control. + other capabilities!
    Finally, the Dolby Surround is incredible, especially through Home- Theatre, which i use. Make sure you checkout THE BIG THREE: PS-2, Gamecube and Xbox. They're all cool but only one is RAMTOUGH KICKASS!