Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are You A Smoker?

I've never tried any cigarette, cigar or other rolled leaf in my life. Never will.

I do, however, on occasion, smoke my own salmon.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I do, however, on occasion, smoke my own salmon.
    You and that salmon will not part .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Stupidly started at 24 gave up 2 years ago. Best method that I know of is to just stop one day. Don't give yourself any lead time or appoint a special day, just stop. As well as this, I didn't use any gum or patches.

Stayed out of bars to avoid tempatation for 3 months.

First 2 weeks were irritating, but after that it was ok.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I have never been a smoker.

Different methods of quitting work for different people. Bob Dole quit cold turkey. My sister and one co-worker quit with the patch.

My dad got lung cancer at 35 back in the early 70's. If it weren't for the fact that he was applying for a job that required a chest x-ray that caught it VERY early, he would have died from it.

The reason I never wanted to smoke, has nothing to do with the health thing, however (yes, it takes ten years off, but which ten years? What teenager worries about that?!). For me, I never wanted to have an out of control urge. I did not wanted my reason interfered with.

That said, I am not sympathetic to the move to demonize smokers. I do believe many of them are self-medicating. I do not find smokers contemptible. I find many anti-smokers to be bitter and small-minded.

I believe that most cities have enough bars and restaurants to have both the smoking and non-smoking kind. We all agree that "naturally monopolistic" places where one has to go for normal and madatory functions (courthouses, Motor Vehicle, airports) should be smoke-free, or perhaps have a separately ventilated smoking room.
    Last edited by cowboyhater; -02-27-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Scotland will be bringing in a new law on the 19th of March. You will not be allowed to smoke in any enclosed public place. that includes all pubs and private clubs.

you know this means I will need to go leave the Lap dancing bar and go outside to have my cigar .....................

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll smoke a good cigar once every three or four months. But with the price of good cigars once every three or four months is all I can afford!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Scotland will be bringing in a new law on the 19th of March. You will not be allowed to smoke in any enclosed public place. that includes all pubs and private clubs.

you know this means I will need to go leave the Lap dancing bar and go outside to have my cigar .....................
    Its been like that in California for about 7-8 years.
    Now their talking about making it illegal to smoke in your car.
    Next will be...Theres to much life going on, we have to get rid of some of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12