Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are You A Smoker?

I've never tried any cigarette, cigar or other rolled leaf in my life. Never will.

I do, however, on occasion, smoke my own salmon.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I do, however, on occasion, smoke my own salmon.
    You and that salmon will not part .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Stupidly started at 24 gave up 2 years ago. Best method that I know of is to just stop one day. Don't give yourself any lead time or appoint a special day, just stop. As well as this, I didn't use any gum or patches.

Stayed out of bars to avoid tempatation for 3 months.

First 2 weeks were irritating, but after that it was ok.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I have never been a smoker.

Different methods of quitting work for different people. Bob Dole quit cold turkey. My sister and one co-worker quit with the patch.

My dad got lung cancer at 35 back in the early 70's. If it weren't for the fact that he was applying for a job that required a chest x-ray that caught it VERY early, he would have died from it.

The reason I never wanted to smoke, has nothing to do with the health thing, however (yes, it takes ten years off, but which ten years? What teenager worries about that?!). For me, I never wanted to have an out of control urge. I did not wanted my reason interfered with.

That said, I am not sympathetic to the move to demonize smokers. I do believe many of them are self-medicating. I do not find smokers contemptible. I find many anti-smokers to be bitter and small-minded.

I believe that most cities have enough bars and restaurants to have both the smoking and non-smoking kind. We all agree that "naturally monopolistic" places where one has to go for normal and madatory functions (courthouses, Motor Vehicle, airports) should be smoke-free, or perhaps have a separately ventilated smoking room.
    Last edited by cowboyhater; -02-27-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Scotland will be bringing in a new law on the 19th of March. You will not be allowed to smoke in any enclosed public place. that includes all pubs and private clubs.

you know this means I will need to go leave the Lap dancing bar and go outside to have my cigar .....................

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll smoke a good cigar once every three or four months. But with the price of good cigars once every three or four months is all I can afford!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Scotland will be bringing in a new law on the 19th of March. You will not be allowed to smoke in any enclosed public place. that includes all pubs and private clubs.

you know this means I will need to go leave the Lap dancing bar and go outside to have my cigar .....................
    Its been like that in California for about 7-8 years.
    Now their talking about making it illegal to smoke in your car.
    Next will be...Theres to much life going on, we have to get rid of some of it.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12