Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Avatar

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Your Avatar

Many of us here have chosen to upload a custom avatar. I'm curious as to the reasons you chose the one you have.

I've had many different avatars. Recently, I had Cartman, and that was in response to a post someone made. I have also had other non-Rams avatars, but the one I have always liked was my Underdog av. Why? Not only was Underdog my favorite cartoon when I was a kid, but it seems like the Rams are underdogs more often than not.

Why did you pick your avatar?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Your Avatar

Current one is an ancient traditional chinese character for a male sheep.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Mine is Steven Gerrard my fav soccer player and one of the best players in the world

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I chose a Rams logo because I am a Rams fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Using the West Virginia University logo since I'm a student there.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

This is Sam, posting under Mom's name. The only reason I am doing this is to show off her new sig pic I just finished for her. I know it's not an avatar, but I did put a lot of work into doing this pic. No, I did not do the original artwork, I don't know who did. But, the pic doesn't really look like the original anymore.
    I think it was in chapter 8 of last year's BOSH that Maternia was mentioned. That's where the inspiration for her signature pic came from.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

bigredman is offline Registered User

I chose a picture of me with my kilt in keeping with the "ClanRam" theme (and I like wearing skirts).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Now that I am back to being me...I really like that sabretooth Rams skull.

I'm surprised no one has really noticed the photoshop work I did to my avatar. I just showed that the Rams are the team of the future....

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

I chose mine, because I am a big fan of the Grateful Dead and of course, the Seahawks...Go Hawks!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I designed mine several years ago, when we first got the clan up and running. I used this even before the big move to that other site.

My sig on the other hand, I like to change once a year and try very hard to keep the the same one through out the season. Not sure I like this one yet though, so I don't know if it will change or not.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Will Witherspoon because he is a pimp.
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Will Witherspoon because he is a pimp.
    What is he a pimp for?

I have Bruce up on my mine right now. I normally just pick a ram player that has my interest at the moment. Bruce has been up there since he was resigned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I had Richie Incognito just recently to "pimp" him up for this season, but with all the attention he's gotten lately I figured he had overcome the "underdog" status already, so I moved on.

I've always enjoyed playing around with Photoshop and even won an avatar contest in the old ClanRam days. My parents were both photographers in their younger days, and my dad (until very recently) had his own home-based advertising business which dealt a lot with computer graphics and him asking for my personal input on his work, so it's always been an interest of mine.

My current avatar was made because I like the clean simplicity of the shot itself and I feel it embodies what Steven Jackson brings as a runner. I imagine it as what a defensive back/linebacker would see, #39 coming out of the darkness with his shoulders down, right before the crushing, brutal impact, while keeping an old-school look with the "Ram" theme in place. Isaac Bruce was the first Rams jersey I'd ever bought, and Steven Jackson was my second, so I'm placing a lot of personal faith in him with my hard-earned money and by showing off the jersey around friends and Lincolnites before he's ever proven anything, so I guess that's another reason for me to pimp my SJ avatar.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -06-26-2006 at 01:58 AM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Mine goes with the screen name. I just wanted to have something in the corner that would be easily distinguishable from other members (i.e. not a Rams player) at least until I was a little better known on the site. Besides, I like the imagery of heroes from across the land banding together to achieve glory and the trappings of a golden Ram as the symbol of victory. The Book of Spiralhorns was what got me hooked on this site in the first place long before I started posting. Anyway, I also had the Charlton Athletic logo up for a while in support of my adopted team in London during the EPL season, and I'll probably change it again when I feel so inspired.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Mine comes from the logo of the greatest university and greatest college football team in the country.....Harding University.

Ok, maybe not the greatest college football program in the country, but the greatest D2 college football program in the country.

Ok, maybe not the greatest D2 football program in the country, but certainly best in Arkansas.

Ok, maybe not the best D2 program in Arkansas, but certainly the best D2 program for all private, Church of Christ affiliated universities, in Arkansas.

Yea, yea, that's us.....we're #1, we're #1.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast