Cromwell2Good is offline Registered User

Hooking Up in Oakland.

I'm a die hard SoCal Ram fan going to Oakland for the first time with Faider Fan Friends wearing all my Ram gear. I'll be the only Ram fan in my group so just in case the situation becomes unfriendly I'd like to know where I could find my ClanRam brethren. I'm sure there will be plenty of Ram representation so at least I won't starve if I get booted away from the food! These Faider Fans are pretty rude you know.

Raiderdude is offline Registered User

Re: Hooking Up in Oakland.

Been going to Raider games for awhile and you should get along just fine. The only time I see problems with opposing team fans wearing their colors is when they get in Raider fans` faces and get obnoxious. At that point I`ve seen folks get beat up pretty bad and then get thrown out. I remember 1 game against Denver where Denver scored and a lone, drunk Denver fan stood up and flipped off the whole Raider section. I swear it looked like a million black ants converging on an insect.
    Point is, if you can take some minor jabbing and be humble, you`ll most likely be fine. The Coliseum isn`t as bad as some might think. In fact, I`d say Candlestick Park has a much rougher element due to gang bangers making their showing at most of their games.
    Good luck and have fun!!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

"Can't we all just get along?"

Most people won't be hateful to you if you lead off with compliments, such as "THAT is the most impressive skull I have seen today!" or "Most people simply do not understand the dedication you have to proper spike maintenance." or "Dude, you make darth vader look like a sissy.".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Cromwell2Good View Post
    I'm a die hard SoCal Ram fan going to Oakland for the first time with Faider Fan Friends wearing all my Ram gear. I'll be the only Ram fan in my group so just in case the situation becomes unfriendly I'd like to know where I could find my ClanRam brethren. I'm sure there will be plenty of Ram representation so at least I won't starve if I get booted away from the food! These Faider Fans are pretty rude you know.
    Don't count on plenty of Ram representation. I went to the 2006 game in Choakland and saw virtually no other Rams fans. I've been to Rams road games all over the country and have never seen anything like that, even in bad times. It was a very tense evironment even though I was sitting with one of my best friends who was a Traider season ticket holder, so I sat on my hands the whole game, which I hated. Good thing I got my satisfaction with a 20-0 Rams thumping of the Faiders.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderdude View Post
    Been going to Raider games for awhile and you should get along just fine. The only time I see problems with opposing team fans wearing their colors is when they get in Raider fans` faces and get obnoxious. At that point I`ve seen folks get beat up pretty bad and then get thrown out. I remember 1 game against Denver where Denver scored and a lone, drunk Denver fan stood up and flipped off the whole Raider section. I swear it looked like a million black ants converging on an insect.
    Point is, if you can take some minor jabbing and be humble, you`ll most likely be fine. The Coliseum isn`t as bad as some might think. In fact, I`d say Candlestick Park has a much rougher element due to gang bangers making their showing at most of their games.
    Good luck and have fun!!!!
    Pretty good summary. Everytime we go to frisco for a game we've had problems started with us for no reason at all. Just lots of idiots at those games. Been to Oakland once and it was fine. The fans are more hype than anything I think.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Don't count on plenty of Ram representation. I went to the 2006 game in Choakland and saw virtually no other Rams fans. I've been to Rams road games all over the country and have never seen anything like that, even in bad times. It was a very tense evironment even though I was sitting with one of my best friends who was a Traider season ticket holder, so I sat on my hands the whole game, which I hated. Good thing I got my satisfaction with a 20-0 Rams thumping of the Faiders.
    Oh c'mon me and brm we're at that game too and it wasn't bad at all. Sure I guess being the only Rams fans in sight could be intimidating, but the fans are MUCH better than the whiner jerks.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Is it really safe to go to Oakland? I was originally planning on going but my first impression of going there with an opposing team's jersey looks like this.

YouTube - Charger fan in Oakland 2

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Oh c'mon me and brm we're at that game too and it wasn't bad at all. Sure I guess being the only Rams fans in sight could be intimidating, but the fans are MUCH better than the whiner jerks.
    HA! You guys were in the empty upper deck while I was in the end zone with the crazies, wearing a bright blue Rams jersey in a sea of black.

And I disagree about who's fans are worse. I've always had a great time at Candlestick (or whatever the name of that place is these days) talking to whiners fans before, during and after the games. Well, before and during anyway. Faiders fans are the biggest jerks in the world who feel they have to uphold some rediculous long past tough team reputation. When I put my arm around my buddy for a picture (it's posted on my profile page), the whole side of the stadium booed, hissed, yelled, screamed, and threw peanuts. Simply the worst fans in the sporting world to deal with.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    HA! You guys were in the empty upper deck while I was in the end zone with the crazies, wearing a bright blue Rams jersey in a sea of black.

And I disagree about who's fans are worse. I've always had a great time at Candlestick (or whatever the name of that place is these days) talking to whiners fans before, during and after the games. Well, before and during anyway. Faiders fans are the biggest jerks in the world who feel they have to uphold some rediculous long past tough team reputation. When I put my arm around my buddy for a picture (it's posted on my profile page), the whole side of the stadium booed, hissed, yelled, screamed, and threw peanuts. Simply the worst fans in the sporting world to deal with.
    Ok well sitting in the black hole as a visitor is just nuts, but the rest of the stadium ain't bad.

Personally, I'll go anywhere - screw 'em!

I did almost have to fight my way out of the bathroom at the Linc in Philly a couple of years ago. I think they recognized my mad ninja skills and backed off.

Other than Randy, there were only 4 other Rams fans that I saw. I did hear that Chris Long's mom was in attendance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

I live in the Bay, Niners fans arent bad at all. The only place ive seen where tailgating to them is a linen covered table with some of the finest wines lol to toast. Oakland is pretty bad especially if your the only one there. Ive seen a Charger fan get taken away in an ambulance after he got badly jumped in the bathroom. Niners fans are just posers who "claim" red for their little "clicks". Stereotypical Raiders fans are one of the reasons why they never sellout. Most of the fans that actually go to their games are from other places in the bay like San Jose, Santa Clara, etc...

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Is it really safe to go to Oakland? I was originally planning on going but my first impression of going there with an opposing team's jersey looks like this.

YouTube - Charger fan in Oakland 2
    dam, that guy wearin the T.Brown shirt. Could you be anymore annoying? I mean taunting and all that is w.e but do you really HAVE to follow the guy? *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by rams4life88 View Post
    dam, that guy wearin the T.Brown shirt. Could you be anymore annoying? I mean taunting and all that is w.e but do you really HAVE to follow the guy? *shrugs*
    He probably would have gotten an elbow smash from me. Probably not wise, but I have faced down Philly fans in the bathroom twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I say bring it on!

There's no way I'm not wearing my team colors and if other people don't like it.....oh well.