Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: How things have changed in SL

I guess we just needed to know the right places and some local insight might have helped. But, like I said, we did find quite a bit of stuff, but the selection was incredibly slim compared to Cardinals and Mizzou merchandise. We went to Wal-Mart, K-mart, Target, 2 different Sports Authorities, Sears, JCPenney, Dick's Sporting Goods, and a couple of sports places in Mid-City Mall. All of those places were in St. Charles. Dick's actually had a nice little "tailgate" style spread of Rams merchandise that was pretty neat but boy was that place EXPENSIVE. Like I noted earlier though, it is definitely different than it was in '97 and I hope things come back around.

Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Actually, many of us ventured all over the place. I found two backpacks in the Wal-Mart across the river along I-70...not sure of the town name.

The places I went that did have items were limited in supply. I do not fault the people that carry Rams merchandise as it is good business to stock what you can sell. Even our QuikTrip stores in STL didn't have any merchandise.

I did happen upon a shirt at a different Wal-Mart that said something like St. Louis Rams, Gateway to Victory. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

On another note, I have been getting really good deals on Rams items on eBay lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Haha, it's true, the Rams playing bad makes it a great time to buy cheap gear on the Bay. Picked up a truly authentic Isaac Bruce jersey (none of that fake crap that litters Ebay) for $50/£27 and I'd wanted an Ike jersey for a while, a Torry Holt McFarlane figure for a few quid and a couple of retro tees for a total of $20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12