Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigredman is offline Registered User

Rams at Oakland Raiders Dec. 17 2006

Ok all you sissy Mary's. Do you have what it takes to see a Ram's game in the Coliseum? Bigredman and RamsFanTilIDie do, and we'll be wearing our colors. That's right. We the man, we the man! RamsFanTilIDie and I will be staying at the Hilton Pleasanton at the Club in Pleasanton, CA Saturday night, December 16th, (7050 Johnson Dr., Pleasanton, CA). We will be going to the game via Bay Area Rapid Transit train on Sunday, December 17th. We have tickets in Section 318, Row 13, seats 5 and 6 (around the 45 yard line, upper deck). Please PM me if you would like to party with us the night before the game in Pleasanton. We can also try and hook up with you on the morning of the game (exchange cell phone numbers). Come on...do you have the gonads?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Rams at Oakland Raiders Dec. 17 2006

I remember some of you posting in the past that you'd be going to the game and debating whether you'd wear your Rams gear in Oakland. The debate ends now; no real fan fears the likes of the lowly faider fan. Yes I'm sure they'll give us hell before, during, and after the game, but hey what fun is an away game if you don't take a little heat. So don't be scared, come represent the Rams in full gear with me and bigredman. We're gonna have a blast, so don't miss out. Don't forget to post here if you're coming so we know who to look for.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -11-12-2006 at 02:15 AM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm thinking about going to the game and if I did, would definitely wear my colors. My problem has nothing to do with being scared of Faider fans, it's being constantly bothered and distracted during the game. If I knew I could concentrate on the field action as opposed to the crowd action, I'd be there. Unfortunate I've been to numerous Ram/Faider games and without exception, they have all been horrible experiences where the game gets lost in the shuffle. We'll see.

Only 3 weeks til game day. Anyone else going? I was looking at ticket prices and they are very cheap....some less than $30...so come on down. We don't get a chance to play the faiders in regular season very often. Don't let this chance pass you by.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Man, I'm tearing my hair out on this one....

A friend of mine, (yes, a Faider fan) asked me to fly up with him to the game. He even offered to pay for the flight up. Unfortunately, I've got a prior commitment on the 16th, something I just can't get out of, so it'll be impossible for me to get back to town and out to the game. :\

I'll just have to wear my stuff down to the local sports bar here in So Cal, and "mingle" with the sliver and bleak there.

...and I'm really worried about this game now, as oppossed to the way I felt at the beginning of the season. This game is no longer the "sure-bet" I thought it would be. The Faiders are beginning to actually battle and compete, and now they've changed their O-coodinator, which I can't believe it took them this long to do it. But the guy was Art's buddy, so he hung around longer than he should have. Maybe the change at this time will screw them up even more, with different verbiage and such, who knows? But their defense is playing pretty damn good, which scares the hell out of me with our patchwork O-line. Can we possibly lose this game? Please tell me we can't. If we win one more game this year, please let it be this game. Please, please, please.!!!! It's appearing to now be one of those games that don't stack up well with the Rams. On the road, outdoors and against a good defensive team isn't our strong suit.

Anyway, wish I was joining you guys, but it isn't in the cards for me. Have fun and bring a flak jacket with you.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

blood85 is offline Registered User

I hope we beat chokeland, but as bad as both teams are playing, this could end up in a 3-2 score, advantage us. They talk alot of trash for not winning anything since like when Reagan was president or something....

I've had buddies go up there in full blown out Rams-gear, and everything was cool, as long as you don't act like an idiot amongst the faider fans. Some of them actually said they(my buddies) were much better opposing fans, than those hated 49er fans, go figure.

Go RAMS Go!!

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I could go to this game if I wanted, but flying to Oakland from MS and then flying right back after the game isn't appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I could go to this game if I wanted, but flying to Oakland from MS and then flying right back after the game isn't appealing to me.
    Oh come on...think of the frequent flier miles and not to mention the peanuts, fascinating conversation with the shower curtain loop salesman next to you, and of course the child screaming when changing altitudes. It will be all worth it to just see RamFanTil_I_Die and my smiling faces to greet you.

Frankly, I'm shocked at the number of California Ram fans that are not going to this game because we might lose. At least that's the excuse they are giving. I'm sure they will end up looking themselves in the mirror that Sunday morning, unable to gaze long at the ashamed look on their face (wagging the finger of indignation at you).
    :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Oh come on...think of the frequent flier miles and not to mention the peanuts, fascinating conversation with the shower curtain loop salesman next to you, and of course the child screaming when changing altitudes. It will be all worth it to just see RamFanTil_I_Die and my smiling faces to greet you.

Frankly, I'm shocked at the number of California Ram fans that are not going to this game because we might lose. At least that's the excuse they are giving. I'm sure they will end up looking themselves in the mirror that Sunday morning, unable to gaze long at the ashamed look on their face (wagging the finger of indignation at you).
    :\
    How far is Stockton from Oakland?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    How far is Stockton from Oakland?
    I'm driving up from Bakersfield, it's only a little bit further to come from the L.A. area.

Okay BRM and RFTID, looks like I'll be going up to Choaktown for the game. I have to tell you though, I don't like encouraging peer pressure.

Hopefully we can all get together beforehand and harass a few Faider fans instead of just a passing handshake in the parking lot, eh BRM??

For anyone else thinking about going, tickets on Mount Davis are going for $12.

I knew you'd cave in Mike...make sure to PM BRM so he can let you know what we'll be doing...hope more of you all can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Hopefully we can all get together beforehand and harass a few Faider fans instead of just a passing handshake in the parking lot, eh BRM??
    Ouch...that hurt...(pulling knife from back)...I'm really, really sorry about that whole thing in SF. Of course, if you didn't take the cheap-ass package, you could have been at the game earlier to party with us! What time do you need us to pick you up from the Oakland YMCA?

We will be at the Hilton in Pleasanton Saturday night. You and everyone else are welcome to come. There is a bar in the hotel there. Open to reasonable ideas for other festivities. Understand, RamFan_til_I_Die and me will be "spent" Sunday morning!

The forecast is for rain Sunday, which should keep the crowd down. We are on the upper deck, Raider side, 45 yard line. I'm sure we can all arrange to sit together somewhere. Private message me if you definitely want to hook up with us. It will be fun. I'll be wearing my kilt Saturday night!
    Last edited by bigredman; -12-13-2006 at 09:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast