throwback week

Thread: Tampa Bash?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Tampa Bash?

I will be going to the Rams game in Tampa next September. Let me know if anyone else is planning to attend that game. Perhaps we could organize something.

Re: Tampa Bash?

that would be cool .............. this was one game that I wanted to attend but ah well.

PostalRam Guest

Hey Avenger, It's been awhile I been over here, but I will be attending the Rams Buc game.... It's about around 4 hour drive from the south east coast.

I am stuck sitting with my best buddy who is a die hard Bucs(who getting me the ticket) and his bucs friends at tampa, but it would be cool to run into you out there for the tailgate. As the day get closer maybe can exchange cell number .....

Though it's the Bucs stadium if you haven't been there it's one of the coolest stadium, a very party place outside and inside, The veiw pretty much great anywhere you sit, sound and audio undstanding. Bucs fan should be proud of the place ...

This will be my 3rd visit , frist time at the old and my 2nd visit at the new. The first visit at the new was after the superbowl, that wild mondaynight game loss. Their fans were after blood since we had beat them the championship game the year before. So they were all over me LOL. Just a lot of yelling , though shock didnt get hit with anything .......

I used to have a GREAT habit in going to 2-4 games a year around the starts home or away game. But now with the two little ones, well my boys are now 2 and 7 ,a hand full as limit me to trying to making it to one game a year

PS. to Dez, I hate knowing I won't make your bash this year. Hanging with you and fellow clans (also Pagers) make those one my best experiances when attending Ram games......
    Make sure to say hello to the Mrs Dez for me also
    Thanks

Lou
    PostalRam
    WPB,FL

bigredman Guest

OH my god, its Postal Ram. Had dinner with Dez in San Francisco and he told me about you. I too work for the best Postal system in the world. Yes, I'm an evil management type, and even worse, labor relations, but hey...we are still family. I know this is rather a personal reply, but I couldn't send a PM to ya.

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I will be going to the Rams game in Tampa next September. Let me know if anyone else is planning to attend that game. Perhaps we could organize something.
    Now avenger buddy, you have seen my itinerary, and it is an ambitious schedule worthy of the most ardent Rams fan you must admit. Being in the employment legal business, milking the state/private coffers in compensation for poor human relation practices, you surely have discretionary funds earmarked for a charity or two. I'm here to plead my case. One barrister to another, my wife isn't going to let me spend anymore money to follow my beloved Rams and party with my beloved ClanRammers. So I come to you, lobbying for your favor to bring me along to the party I'm sure you are going to host (i.e. you fly me out, put me up, and take me to the game). I'm sure if we get together over a drink or two, we can collectively find a way to write this off as a business expense. What do you say?
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-25-2007 at 09:35 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

As you know I am going to the game in Tampa. I'll be flying down to Tampa on Friday with Uncle Larry (Patriots:x, Red Sox fan). We are going to the Red Sox at Devil Rays on Saturday and the football game Sunday. :r:l

PostalRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    As you know I am going to the game in Tampa. I'll be flying down to Tampa on Friday with Uncle Larry (Patriots:x, Red Sox fan). We are going to the Red Sox at Devil Rays on Saturday and the football game Sunday. :r:l

So far it's Avenger Ram, laram0, and I have another Ram fan from Ohio that I know that will be attending. 4 different group, hope we can clash into each other out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PostalRam View Post
    So far it's Avenger Ram, laram0, and I have another Ram fan from Ohio that I know that will be attending. 4 different group, hope we can clash into each other out there.
    I actually ran into another Clansman at the gym yesterday. (Totally by accident). I happened to be wearing my Rams tank top and shorts and walked past this guy wearing a baseball cap backwards. I could feel this guy staring at me. Come to find out he was admiring my RAMS tattoos. He grunted at me and pointed to his baseball cap. He was wearing a RAMS cap. To make a long story short I went over and introduced myself. Lo and behold he is a diehard RAMS fan from the old days and does visit the ClanRam site though infrequently. He's EDickerson29 and he's going to the Tampa game as well with a close friend that is also a RAMS fan. I have his phone number and he wants to catch up with other RAMS fans for the Tampa game. Tailgating hopefully.

You know what's really awesome is that the gym I belong to is about 20 minutes from the home of the PATRIOTS, Gillette Stadium. I never thought I would run into another RAM fan let alone someone familiar with the ClanRam.

So the group is growing for the Tampa game.

Since its a 1:00 game, perhaps we can plan to congregate after the game for an early (hopefuly celebratory) dinner. There are some places near the stadium that would work, including a good BBQ place. If we can figure out the number, maybe I can make a reservation.

The place I'm thinking of is Lee Roy Selmon's (the former Buc) restaurant, which is about three minutes from the stadium.

www.leeroyselmons.com

The place I'm thinking of is Lee Roy Selmon's (the former Buc) restaurant, which is about three minutes from the stadium.

www.leeroyselmons.com
    Sounds good to me. I'll try and get you my total count in the next day or two. I have at least 5 maybe more.

www.leeroyselmons.com
    AV,

I haven't heard back from the other group (EDickerson29) so I'm counting them out.

Put me in for 3 on the after game meal/celebration.

Thanks

PostalRam Guest

Sound good to me, count me for 2, I'll get with my other Ram buddies 2 other if they want to go also....

Thanks