Thresher is offline Registered User

Smile Aloha from Kauai!

While watching my favorite Yacht Rock movies I decided to join the fray and cheer on my beloved Rams.

A little about me:
    I hate the niners.
    Thankfully I was very drunk for the Rams last super bowl appearance.
    I hate the niners.
    I think the NFL should be broadcasting games over the 'net this year.
    Did I mention I hate the niners?

Alright guys, hope to talk some fun shizzle in ye old' Rams 'rums.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Aloha from Kauai!

Aloha Thresher. Welcome to the Clan

Where does the name Thresher come from? What does it mean? and I have to ask why did you pick a picture with Kurt and Brenda? It seems a bit odd since Kurt is no longer with us and Brenda was not a big fan favorite.

I can't help myself. I am curious about newcomers to the Clan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thresher is offline Registered User

aloha utter,

I became a Rams fan in the mid 80's, I don't have too many memories but of Dickerson trouncing the niners.

Thresher - I've been using that handle for about 18 years now it all started with my brother who had the handle Mako. We both have loved sharks from a very young age. I am an avid scuba diver and ocean sports fan. scuba, snorkeling, paddling canoe, body surfing, surfing the list goes on. The thresher shark is amazing. a deep water atlantic (mainly) shark with a tail that is 40% of its length. it beats its prey with the tail and concusses it, then it feasts. in all honesty I see shark hunts and simply have to scratch my head at our interactions with life around us. sorry not trying to rant...

why warner and brenda?
    lets get brenda out of the way, her job is to protect her 1. husband 2. kids. so I never understood her villification. kurt has been treated like a bag boy and she was doing for him what her god/vows made her do. I'm not religious. they are very religious so everytime I heard the media talk smack about her it always seemed to be caddy and lowbrow.

alright so really why? its kind of a joke, thank you jesus! but not really, nice double talk huh

Kurt stands today as the most efficient passer the rams have ever seen. in fact he holds the highest comp % of any qb ever. he also got that one thing no other ram qb has ever received in my lifetime, the trophy. not to mention he is in an elite group of qbs who received league and super bowl mvp in the same year.

I'm typing all this in on my new phone, forgive me if my tone isn't coming across as light and cheery. I do intend it to be.

I love the rams and the shot in the arm warner provided envokes feelings of montana (whom I'm not even a a fan of) Warners numbers 99 through 02 were just freaking amazing. his supporting cast was incredible no doubt about it.

from the outside football looks cut throat. wives battling it out, awesome qb's being moved or benched, old school qb's that still remain because they somehow got ingrained to the old boys network, it is all mind boggling for me.

whew talk about carpel tunnel, my thumbs are about to lose it.

being a new member to these forums I am overwhelmed that there is so much knowledge not to mention real players chiming in, so cool. I just hope I don't sound lame...

utter, thanks for asking about me, now I see you have an ungodly amount of posts so I better go read about you...

how about this, we all meet at the probowl in oahu after 22 rams are put onto the NFC team?

cheers!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks for the big response Thresher. You passed the typing test and you probably do have carpel tunnel by now if you are typing that in on a phone.

I love the shark connection. I am fond of those big guys myself. My main fantasy team is named the Hammerheads after the hammerhead shark. I took a cruise over the holidays in Costa Rica and Panama on a small cruise ship. We had naturalists on board and they were always giving talks about the animals and the vegatation that was natural to the area. One of them, who was named Steven, had been studying sharks for years and he had all kinds of pictures and stories about sharks. We got to go snorkling twice and we had several white tips swimming with us. Steven caught one and brought it to the surface so that we could check it out. The shark was very still when it was upside down.

I have a lot of respect for sharks and it bothers me that so many are being killed off by humans. Of course, when I heard that there was a big tiger shark that lived close to the island that we snorkled at early that day, I was not as thrilled about being in his waters. Cute little white tips are one thing, and a tiger is something else.

Thanks for you explanation about Kurt and Brenda. I was really just checking to see if you were a real fan or a troll since they come in acting like Rams fans sometimes. I am sure the NFL and football are pretty cut throat. There is too much money running around for it to be a nice place.

Well welcome aboard again, and yes I would love to visit Oahu and see lots of Rams in the pro bowl this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]