Thread: Barry's blog

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Barry's blog

Well, another BAsh, and a really great game experience, dissapointed that I didn't see some of you... They even threw a "tea party" at the Arch for you brits !!! I know the economy sucks, but WE ARE THE CLAN !!! I tell people here all the time, Rams players etc about what a loyal together group we have here and how special....PLEASE don't let it die.

Cmon guys, the pilgrims don't go to Yanbu, they go to MECCA !!!!!!!!

GREAT to see one of our servicemen there with son in tow, great dad, great kid, both should be proud of each other, and great Rams fans, hope y'all can return in 2011 ................

Bad to see.. our favorite Steeler fan Carl with his Rapelesberger jersey !!

Hope he saw what Bradshaw had to say Sunday about "his boy"

Lot's of positives in loss and this was a two time division champ here, even without Kurt. 60 full minutes of excitement for a change, and they had me pumped the second half and end of first.

Clayton, best pickup since Aeneas Williams at no cost, sign him now, he's twice what Avery will ever be, even if he could stay healthy. And by the way, I would NOT have drafted Avery in 08, now would i have draffted DeSean Jackson. Clayton played outside his whole career, in Pitt, Cincy, Cleve etc, but he's a perfect turf guy and great haracter, still young enough, but he should be re-signed NOW, while he'd be cheap. Great character, super worker etc WINNER, unlike say ALEX BARRON !!!

The CLEAR choice was Ray Rice, and I was yelling at everyone at Rams Park as the pick came up that Rice was a future stud, but I don't do the drafting.
    (I was all over Steve Slaton over Greco in 2007 too ). Oh Well.

The line gave a good effort, but they need to switch out of zone blocking on running plays to beat a blitz, 8 in the box defense.

Clifton Ryan made a great pickup, and the field was just 3 years too long, plus a terrific play by Breaston (If you think Clif should have just fallen on ball, then maybe Billy Bajema should always fall down after a catch !!

DId they score after Fletcher's' return ??? You gotta try to get the rock in the EZ, PERIOD, and if it happens again, I hope Cliuf picks it up and tries !!!

Ryan was a class act after the game, though absolutely devastated. He's a really good guy, good player, so I hope fans give him some love !!

Fells should start at TE if HoHo out awhile (high ankel sprain ugh)

On the winning TD, Rams missing TWO corners, so Butler had to be in there at nickle. Tiem for Justin King to go, promise nothing if you are always hurt dude. Murphy should be up, and maybe Q. Butler back??

Like to see Gibson in there, but who do you sit?? Mardy was super on ST especially big hit covering K.O..

Robinson better catch more than he drops or Gibby may get his spot.

Stop throwing to TE for 3 yards. Better to give it to JAX on first down.

Do the Rams HAVE a screen pass in the playbood to beat a blitz big time ???

I never stick my neck out on a player, as most here know, but buy those Bradford jerseys now. Guys smarter than me say he's the real deal in a big way, and the Rams finally were worst in the right year. Probably see Locker and maybe Luck in our division soon, but I'll still take Sam, and don't give me the injury thing... see Stafford, ANYONE can get hurt, ANY play.

Biggest problem now is no backup RB, and JAX has a sore knee no serious they say. problem is, no one lets backs go now, so we gotta hope Toston becomes the next Arian Forster.

Only disturbing part Sunday was that dive in the 1st half, mostly runs, breakdowns by OLB and DE containment, but hey... "we can fix that".

Scary when Fred Robbins went out with knee, but talked after the game says he's fine. He's a huge..no pun intended... part of this defense.

If y'all want a GREAT radio show to hear every week, Mondays 12 central on 101.1 ESPN here Rick Venturi and Hanifan on there with Bernie...two of the very best assistants EVER, bot with great stuff to teach. A MUST LISTEN for Rams fans. 101 ESPN: St. Louis' Sports Talk Radio

Renee, sorry missed ya after game but I was out of gas physically ................

Many Prayers to BIG RED MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea, here's my early first round list for the Rams .... links to their BIOS, so be watching on Saturdays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player Bio: Adrian Clayborn - IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

ST LOUIS KID

Player Bio: Da'Quan Bowers - CLEMSON UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

Cameron Heyward Biography - The Ohio State Buckeyes Official Athletics Site - OhioStateBuckeyes.com

Ironhead's Kid

Greg Romeus - College Football

Player Bio: A.J. Green :: Football

Player Bio: Julio Jones - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site

Player Bio: Marvin Austin - NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE (ONLY If his character checks out)
    Last edited by Barry Waller; -09-13-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Barry Waller

AlphaRam Guest

Re: Barry's blog

Thanks for the summary and viewpoints, Barry. I hate to have missed the Bash and I'll be in STL for the Redskins game. I plan to have BigRedMan in tow, but he just had another surgery so I am not sure if he will make it to STL.

Look forward to seeing you if our paths cross in a couple of weeks.

Make sure and get with me before you come in so we can hook up. Anything STL you need I'm there. I know some better spots than the landing to party, my daughter lives in Soulard, knows all the good places for US ADULTS where they have good food and company.
    Barry Waller

Oh yea, my cell phone # is 618-974-0296 Barry
    Barry Waller

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks for making it out the bash and the game Barry. It was good to see you. No worries about missing us after the game. I saw Butler and a couple of other players but I did not talk to them or get autographs.

I liked Clayton. Good pick up. Bradford looks promising too, all though I would love to see less tackles and interceptions from him. He looks real comfortable rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the move.

I feel for Clifton Ryan. That was tough break and I am sure he feels real bad about it. I was hoping that the offense would score with 2 minutes left in the game and 20 yards to go and save him from the spotlight, but somehow I knew that it was not going to happen. You would think that Jackson would have been a good option there. Really hoping for some better offensive play calling, all those short passes are killing us in the stands.

It was a good game and the fans were loud and into it (now that Warner is no longer on their team). The rams had many opportunities to win and they were in the game till the last second. Good game, hard on the nerves. I certainly hope we are not going to have another season of near wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Make sure and get with me before you come in so we can hook up. Anything STL you need I'm there. I know some better spots than the landing to party, my daughter lives in Soulard, knows all the good places for US ADULTS where they have good food and company.
    Would love to try some other places outside the landing. Too much craziness down there now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]