RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Glad to be Aboard

Don't know how I've been a Rams fan and internet junkie for so long and never came across this site, but I'm glad I found it. It's great to see so many Rams fans in one spot and such an active forum.

Some history...I live in Bakersfield, which is sort of in between San Francisco and L.A. My brother and Dad were ***** fans, so of course being the obnoxious brat I was, decided to become a Rams fan just to piss them off (I guess I could really claim to be a real fan sometime around 3rd-4th grade). Well as you know we were the niners', heck the whole league's during the 90's, red headed step children for a long time and my family and friends (I knew no other Rams fans; everyone mostly liked the Raiders, *****, or Cowboys) loved to give me hell about it.

Through the playoff let downs in the late 80's (who could forget Jim Everett's "phantom sack") and the royal spankings we received in the 90's I remained true. When the team moved to St Louis in '95 they broke my heart. I had yet been able to go to L.A. to see them play and I knew my chance was over. I, like many fans, felt betrayed by their leaving, and many Rams fans I knew took this as an excuse to jump ship from the fast sinking Rams team. I too considered this and even at one point tried to find another team to cheer for, but no other team felt right to me; in fact it just felt plain wrong. The first few years in St Louis were rough, and like always I would tell myself, "There's always next year", and sit there hopelessly as Georgia Frontiere made bad trade after bad trade and would continually get rid of all our promising stars.

As we all know things changed dramatically in '99 with the arrival of Faulk and the blessing sent from above named Kurt Warner. That season was the season of my life. I felt pride in my team that I had never known before. When we won the Superbowl, it was an amazing thing...our years of being a second rate team were over. Even when we got robbed by the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI I was still proud...crushed by the loss, but proud.

The last few years have been a little rough since I got so used to the winning we were doing. Losing to the ***** twice last year killed me.

Let's skip to now and let me say I am glad Martz is gone. He was a great Offensive Coordinator, but made way too many bad decisions to deserve a head coaching job. We have a long season ahead of us, and Scott Linehan has a lot to prove, but I am confident in their game plan, the defense of Jim Haslett, and the running game of Stephen Jackson to go along with our always amazing passing game. It may not gel perfectly this year, but we are definitely headed in the right direction, and I can say without a doubt I will be a Rams fan until the day I die.

I finally got a chance to go see the rams play in St Louis last year against the Titans. Got 2nd row seats in the middle of the end zone. Had the time of my life and went hoarse from all the cheering Spent a full week in St Louis and also caught 2 of the last ever games in Busch Stadium. Had a blast there and it was hard to leave. You know you are too hardcore of a fan when you try to justify moving to another state just so you can live in the same city as your favorite team and get season tickets. Between the Rams, Cardinals, and Blues, St Louis has to be one of the best, if not the best sports town in the world. My wife and I decided we will do whatever it takes to get to St Louis for one home game every year (minus this year since our first baby is due soon). Still we are going up to San Fran in all our gear to cheer our brains out for the Rams for the ***** home opener. Should be interesting, my brother the 49er fan and his wife will be going with us. Gonna be a long ride home if the Rams lose...not that we will.

Well I guess I should stop since I doubt anyone is reading this essay anyway. Guess I got a little carried away. :P

I look forward to being an active and vocal member of these forums, and meeting my fellow Ram fans from all over the world!

:l :l LET'S GO RAMS!!:l :l

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Glad to be Aboard

haha that is pretty funny that in edits out the 4 9 er name