DistantRam is offline Registered User

Hello from sunnier climes

Hi, all. I'm new to the forum and am possibly your only member to hail from sunny Mauritius! I was born and raised in London but have recently emigrated, as Britain is rapidly going downhill. Besides, the UK's too cold (despite global warming)... I must be getting old.

This forum has loads of members from the UK and I'd be willing to bet that many of them began watching in the early- to mid-1980s, on Channel 4. That's when my interest in the NFL was kindled, too. The Rams were my chosen team right from the start: Dickerson, Slater, Ellard, Everett and others just caught my imagination.

I wanted desperately to go to the American Bowl in 1987, when the Rams defeated the Broncos at Wembley, but was forced into a family holiday (I was only 15 at the time, so couldn't really say no) instead, so I've never seen my beloved Rams in the flesh.

Hopefully, I'll be able to rectify that soon. I'm planning on coming over to St Louis next year (2009) for a game, work permitting. It's something that I've always wanted to do and it'll be great when it finally happens.

I don't know if I'll be posting much on here, as my football knowledge wouldn't begin to compare with that of many of you, but I'll be looking forward to reading your views and seeing the Rams surprise many of the so-called "experts" this season. If Pace, Jackson and Little can keep fit, and the new draftees and second-season players can integrate, there's no reason why we can't cause a few upsets and sneak into the play-off frame, although the schedule is obviously daunting.

Here's to a great 2008 for the Rams.
    Last edited by DistantRam; -05-16-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Hello from sunnier climes

Dang. That's interesting man. I was born and raised in Japan, but London sounds so much cooler. Welcome to the boards!

rampower is offline Registered User

Nice to see you on here distant ram, dont be a stranger.

Juat because you were not born in the USA doesn't mean your opinion is worthless mate, there are many distant rams on this site, so dont be scared to post!

Your age and rams experiences probably closely mimic mine, channel four and dickerson/everett paved my path too.

I have been lucky enough to go to a game and it is fantastic. There is a great bunch of people here who can help advise you on this, check out the bash forum.

Anyways keep rammin it.

Julian
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Welcome to the board !

blood85 is offline Registered User

Welcome Aboard!!