Thread: hi everyone

Grimm_Fan Guest

hi everyone

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and closely following the coach search

Grimm_Fan Guest

Re: hi everyone

I feel the love haha

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Welcome Grimm. I suggest that you give us more information if you want any response.

Why don't you start with where did that name come from and how long have you been a rams fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grimm_Fan Guest

I am going to be honest with you. I have been a Steelers fan my entire life but more then that I am a fan of Russ Grimm. Know him personally and I feel he would be a great fit for the rams and I wanted to talk to Rams fans and get a feel for the roster etc. If he becomes the rams next coach I will be a new Rams fan.

Well thanks for being honest with us. That's always a good thing.

So you know Grimm personally .... ok. I'll take your word on that.

Why do you think that he would be a great fit for the Rams? I remember him from the hogs, but I don't know much about him as a coach. What traits, experience, characteristics does he have that would make him a good fit for the Rams? The rams are in a lot of turmoil right now. There will be potentially a whole new set of coaches and maybe a lot of new players as well.

Is Grimm capable of dealing with chaos and picking the right pieces for an organization that is starting over?

The Steelers have a very solid organization with good management in place, an owner that really cares, and a solid fan base. They are having yet another successful year with Mike Tomlin in his second year as HC.

What can you tell us about the last two years with a new coach being brought in? How closely has Grimm worked with Tomlin? What did he bring to the table with a new coach on board?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grimm_Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Well thanks for being honest with us. That's always a good thing.

So you know Grimm personally .... ok. I'll take your word on that.

Why do you think that he would be a great fit for the Rams? I remember him from the hogs, but I don't know much about him as a coach. What traits, experience, characteristics does he have that would make him a good fit for the Rams? The rams are in a lot of turmoil right now. There will be potentially a whole new set of coaches and maybe a lot of new players as well.

Is Grimm capable of dealing with chaos and picking the right pieces for an organization that is starting over?

The Steelers have a very solid organization with good management in place, an owner that really cares, and a solid fan base. They are having yet another successful year with Mike Tomlin in his second year as HC.

What can you tell us about the last two years with a new coach being brought in? How closely has Grimm worked with Tomlin? What did he bring to the table with a new coach on board?
    From an outsiders view I think the Rams need a guy who will come in and have the Rams play a physical style of play. OL love to run block and with Steven Jackson why wouldn't you want to run the ball? If you can establish the run then you can set up the pass and keep the defense off balance which in turn would keep Bulger upright.

Grimm left the Steelers and went to Arizona with Whiz. He is the assistant head coach/OL coach with them and I feel like he would be able to handle everything because he has been an assistant head coach for 5 years now and he would bring in a winning and physical mentality.

oy, see I knew I did not know what I was talking about. So Grimm is with Arizona now, not the Steelers. Sorry, I am not all that informed sometimes. You would think one of the more informed people here would step in and save me, but they won't. They like to watch me make stuff up.

So the facts are...Grimm was not with Tomlin when he took over as HC for the Steelers. Grimm went with Whisenhunt (former OC for the Steelers) to the Cardinals in 2007.

....This could make the SuperBowl pretty interesting if Arizona and the Steelers are the teams that make it. ....

The rams do need a lot of help with the Oline and Grimm could help improve that. We have had huge problems with the line. They are porous, they commit penalties, and they give up a lot of sacks. The running game would improve with an improved line.

How do we know if Grimm is HC material? Experience as an assistant HC is good but it does not prove that he is capable of coaching the whole team, making personnel decisions, and dealing with the front office. Does he know anything about running a defense? Our defense is allowing far too many points. Would he have any idea about how to improve the defense?

We can add a thread about Grimm in the regular rams forum if you like. I am sure other people have opinions on his head coach potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grimm_Fan Guest

You can ask those questions about anyone who has not been a head coach before. IMO being an assistant head coach for 5 years only helps. It also helps being one in Arizona because that franchise has a losing history and they went in and changed that mentality. As the assistant head coach he has a hand and say in most of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm_Fan
    You can ask those questions about anyone who has not been a head coach before.
    You are correct.

It would be interesting to talk to him and to see what he thinks he could bring to the table. I like the fact that he has been with a few successful teams that have played in plenty of postseason games. Being part of Arizona's coaching staff in the last two years would be a good learning experience for turning a team around.

I wonder what he knows about conditioning and training. We have had a lot of injuries in the last couple of years and I wonder how much of that has to do with conditioning.

I don't know how teams pick new head coaches. I don't know what they look for. It seems to me that OCs or DCs are normally picked for new head coaches.

Do you know if the Rams are going to talk to Grimm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]