Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SacHawk2.0 is offline Registered User

Hi! huge fan of the Rams...

...getting their 'taints handed to them by the Seahawks.

Good luck (not really) in week 1 at Seahawks Stadium the loudest and proudest in the NFL!

Ahhh, good times.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Hi! huge fan of the Rams...

It is called "Qwest".

So you don't get lost:

800 Occidental Ave S
    Seattle, WA 98134-1200
    (206) 381-7500
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    It is called "Qwest".

So you don't get lost:

800 Occidental Ave S
    Seattle, WA 98134-1200
    (206) 381-7500
    That is TOO funny! Talk about good times, a Rams fan correcting a Seahawks fan about the name of their stadium.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

what is a taint?

hopefully that 4-0 preseason start works out for you like it did the Lions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Punisher73 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    what is a taint?

hopefully that 4-0 preseason start works out for you like it did the Lions.
    This isnt a medical or scientific explanation, but a taint is the area of skin from the base of the scrotum to anus. lol Its also called the "gooch"
    Last edited by Punisher73; -09-06-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: left something out

SacHawk2.0 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    It is called "Qwest".

So you don't get lost:

800 Occidental Ave S
    Seattle, WA 98134-1200
    (206) 381-7500
    That's it's name, not what it's called if you're a Hawks fan. Local thing. My bad.

rams#1 Guest

Smack Talk forum!!, smack Talk forum!!

RolandDeschain98034 is offline Registered User

To correct the pompous CaliGirlRamsFan: Qwest did not purchase the naming rights until three years after our stadium was built. It was officially called Seahawks Stadium for the first three years, and many refer to it as that, although the majority just call it "Qwest", now.

Evidence: Qwest Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (right-hand side)

Still feeling so arrogant? How can a Lambs fan feel arrogant when adding your total number of wins the past few seasons, anyways; I don't get it. Our 4-12 last year was due primarily to injuries, and our 2nd/3rd stringers still took two of our four wins from you.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain98034 View Post
    To correct the pompous CaliGirlRamsFan: Qwest did not purchase the naming rights until three years after our stadium was built. It was officially called Seahawks Stadium for the first three years, and many refer to it as that, although the majority just call it "Qwest", now.

Evidence: Qwest Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (right-hand side)

Still feeling so arrogant? How can a Lambs fan feel arrogant when adding your total number of wins the past few seasons, anyways; I don't get it. Our 4-12 last year was due primarily to injuries, and our 2nd/3rd stringers still took two of our four wins from you.
    I have relatives in Seattle and have met tons of Seahawks fans. I've never heard one of them, not one, call it Seahawks Stadium. I go to Seahawks.net often and have never seen anything other than Qwest used as the stadiums name. The OP got caught with egg on his face and more or less admitted it by saying "my bad".

As for the Rams record the last few years, you're right, it's been a joke. We'll just have to see how things play out this year with all the changes. Funny how when the Seahawks have a horrible season, it's because of injuries, but when the Rams do, despite having even more injuries, it's just because they stink. If the game on Sunday doesn't go as you expect it to, I'm sure you'll be back to explain, right?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I have relatives in Seattle and have met tons of Seahawks fans. I've never heard one of them, not one, call it Seahawks Stadium. I go to Seahawks.net often and have never seen anything other than Qwest used as the stadiums name. The OP got caught with egg on his face and more or less admitted it by saying "my bad".

As for the Rams record the last few years, you're right, it's been a joke. We'll just have to see how things play out this year with all the changes. Funny how when the Seahawks have a horrible season, it's because of injuries, but when the Rams do, despite having even more injuries, it's just because they stink. If the game on Sunday doesn't go as you expect it to, I'm sure you'll be back to explain, right?
    Wait, you're claiming more injuries last year than the Seahawks? Our entire receiving corps was out, (I'm not talking about starters only, I'm talking including back-ups; we went through 6 injured WRs and all of them EARLY in the season) along with our entire offensive line, by 2/3rds of the way through the season. Much of the season saw games without our starting QB. Our entire offense had one starter on it (our TE, John Carlson, who was a rookie last year) for some of the latter games.

We'll be back to an 8-win or more this year, you guys will struggle, again, to break past 4 wins.

Also, while I was typing this response, I emailed a coworker from St. Louis who is a huge Rams (and overall football) fan asking about your guys' injuries last year. Here is his response:

"Off the top of my head, I’d say that the Rams didn’t suffer a large batch of injuries, probably “normal”, but the injuries they DID have were big: Jackson, Bulger and a couple of O-Lineman missed a few games last year; my team’s depth is horrific."

So unless he is pretty wrong about the injury situation for you guys last year, (and if he is, then list off the major extras he missed) it wasn't even close.

In regards to the stadium name thing; as I said, most people call it Qwest nowadays. I do hear some people refer to it as Seahawks Stadium, though; but not many. It WAS officially called that for a few years though, which is why you can't really fault someone for calling it that now. It's just sort of accurate, if not technically correct; kind of like calling you guys the Lambs while you're having terrible season after terrible season after terrible season...but it's nice that you have relatives in Seattle that call it Qwest Field, as I do.

As Apu on The Simpsons says, "Thank you; please come again!"
    Last edited by RolandDeschain98034; -09-08-2009 at 02:46 PM.

rams#1 Guest

As Apu on The Simpsons says, "Thank you; please come again!"
    actually he says, "Thank you, Come again" never once did he say "thank you, PLEASE come again" There is some knowledge for ur ass!

Wait, you're claiming more injuries last year than the Seahawks?
    On offense, in addition to Bulger, Jackson, Avery, McMichael and Burton all missing time, every position on the offensive line was a revolving door. The only offensive lineman who stayed healthy during the year was Barron, who was forced to do time at both RT and LT. On defense, besides Little, Carriker, Draft and Hill all missing time, Fakhir Brown was cut mid-season. The secondary was such a mess that Brown had to be brought back when the reserves started to go down. The Rams had it pretty bad last year on the injury front.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    On offense, in addition to Bulger, Jackson, Avery, McMichael and Burton all missing time, every position on the offensive line was a revolving door. The only offensive lineman who stayed healthy during the year was Barron, who was forced to do time at both RT and LT. On defense, besides Little, Carriker, Draft and Hill all missing time, Fakhir Brown was cut mid-season. The secondary was such a mess that Brown had to be brought back when the reserves started to go down. The Rams had it pretty bad last year on the injury front.
    You forgot to mention our "superstar" wideout Drew Bennett, he was injured also.

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1 View Post
    actually he says, "Thank you, Come again" never once did he say "thank you, PLEASE come again" There is some knowledge for ur ass!
    apu "thank you. please come again" - Google Search=

Thank you. Please come again.

(love proving people wrong; and by the way, he says it a lot of different ways)
    Last edited by RolandDeschain98034; -09-08-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You forgot to mention our "superstar" wideout Drew Bennett, he was injured also.

You're right, another starter. I'm sure I was repressing that memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast