RAM29JACKSON Guest

Just stared here

I mean started LOL---- I am 6' 1" 160 lbs. so I cant play football but I enjoy watching it. my first sports hero was Harold Jackson. I accidently found these forums. I wish the rams would have kept the wider horns with the new colors.

I am fascinated with football helmet designs.

thanks to all this parity in the league- which I hate by the way- the Rams may have a really good shot at the post season this year.:r
    Last edited by RAM29JACKSON; -06-22-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: misspell

GreatCowGuru Guest

Re: Just stared here

Welcome, my child.

You shall find that this place has much information in which to graze, and that you can fill all four of your bellies with this information.

Please watch your step, though. Occasionally, a whiners fan wanders inside the confines of this site, so be cautious. Do not step in anything soft.

RAM29JACKSON Guest

thanks dude , but I am sure my one stomach will be full enough LOL.
    Anyone with any greetings that are a little less livestockesque LOL

anyone remember HAROLD JACKSON ?

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Harold Jackson, Harold Jackson...

I seem to recall there was a Harold Jackson who was drafted by the Rams in what.. 1968? He playe din 2 games and went to play for the Eagles for 4 years before coming back to the Rams for another 5 years before going to New England and Minnesota to finish his career as a playerin Seattle.

He made it to somewhere around 5 pro-Bowls, 2 as an Eagle and 3 as a Ram an is now a coach at Baylor.

Since I don't see a Harold (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael) in The J5 >8) I'll just assume you are referring to the reluctant Ram..
    But Jackson was most hurt when he found out he was being traded by the Eagles back to the Los Angeles Rams at the end of the 1972 season.

"I absolutely cried when I heard I got traded because I did not want to leave Philadelphia. I loved the organization and still do even today," Jackson said. "I may have been one of the only players that never got booed while playing in Philadelphia, especially in the early 1970s.

"I loved the fan relationship, the public appearances, and the whole atmosphere of being a Philadelphia Eagle."
    Welcome to our madness, RAM29JACKSON !
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAM29JACKSON Guest

actually I believe it was one year than three with philly than 6 with Rams.
    he was in the top 30 for the most part in most lifetime receiving catagorys till the last 2 years.
    I am trying to find him of late. I dont believe he coaches at Baylor anymore:\
    He was also in north dallas forty along with fred billetnikoff LOL

Sorry R29J,

I usually include links to anything I submit form another source... http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...l.jsp?id=30673

This site seems to confirm the first one... http://www.databasefootball.com/play...kid=JACKSHAR01

You are correct it seems in that Jackson is no longer a coach @ Baylor http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m...t.html#coaches and he was a Piano player in "Swing Shift" in 1984 as well as a football player in "North Dallas Forty" in 1979...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAM29JACKSON Guest

I also like the fact that he played on teams that had the more creative helmets for that era LOL except for the patriots.
    seahawks, vikings, rams, eagles, no stripes in middle of helmet.
    just my trivial persuit

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    I also like the fact that he played on teams that had the more creative helmets for that era LOL except for the patriots.
    seahawks, vikings, rams, eagles, no stripes in middle of helmet.
    just my trivial persuit

I used to root (cough, cough) for the Pats when they had the Minutemen snapping the ball on their helmets but Rams were always my team. Chargers had sweet uni's too...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Glad to have you on the board. Personally, I like the idea of parity. It's frustrating when you lose good players to free agency, but to me better competition makes for more entertaining games.

RAM29JACKSON Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Glad to have you on the board. Personally, I like the idea of parity. It's frustrating when you lose good players to free agency, but to me better competition makes for more entertaining games.
    maybe, but to me thats what parity means= less than better competion. no one has a cohesive well run unit, just a better team or player for the moment.
    :r thanks for the welcome