Thread: New Rams Fan!

mrpnut0700 is offline Registered User

New Rams Fan!

Hi everyone I am from the Uk and have been on/off following NFL for 6 years due to playing Madden. I have recently decided to pick a team to follow. I have gone for The Rams because they are the 'home' team at London for the next 3 seasons and i'm going in october so I thought it made sense to follow them.

From all the studying I have done this is my understanding of the team. The rams didn't have the best season in 2011 finishing 2-14. This was due to many injuries including Sam Bradford.

The Rams now have a new head coach, Jeff Fisher who from what I have watched looks like he knows his stuff. The team itself also looks like it is in need of recruitement.

We require QB cover as although Bradford is a good promising player, he suffered injuries and we need adequate back up.

We need a new half back as although Jackson is good, he doesnt have alot of years ahead of him so someone is needed to develop to take his place.

We need wide recievers as we are lacking in quality and Lloyd may be leaving.

The offensive line is weak and it needs strengthening to protect Bradford.

Lauranitis, like his dad is a beast and the rock of the linebackers, but some outside strengthening is required.

Defensive end is a strong position for the Rams as Long is a quality player.

Safetys is a strong position and cornerback are much improved with the signing of Finnegan.

Kicking and punting is strong as long as Jones signs a new deal.

How is my interpretation of the team? Do I have a good understanding of the current state of affairs?

Re: New Rams Fan!

I forgot to mention that defensive tackle needs strengthening but hopefully we will sign Jones soon so that should help.

How am I doing?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Doing pretty good if you ask me. Welcome to the clan man!

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan!

Looks like Kroenkes push to have primetime games overseas is paying off in terms of adding to the fanbase.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan and I'd say you got a handle on the team and it's needs...

I have got abuse from friends who follow NFL as I haven't picked a team like The Giants or The Patriots. I thought that I am not going to pick a team just because they are in the Super Bowl every other year. I watched the Les Snead and Jef Fisher conference on my iphone and I really liked Fisher's philosophy. Bring the average age of the team down, build the team through youth. Plus I am a big Road Warrior fan so it was coincedental that James Lauranitis plays for The Rams.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Rep for the Road Warriors, welcome to the clan. It sounds like you have a grip on the current state of the Rams, but the Rams have a deep history between different cities. Here, enjoy this educational video documenting the Rams' days in Los Angeles.

Last edited by Fettmaster; -03-15-2012 at 09:17 PM.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Welcome aboard, a new Football fan and more importantly a Rams fan. Good to hear!, You will find a lot of UK Rams fans here.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Why hello dear boy, it is rather nice to see a new fellow 'red-coat' on board..

Chin Chin!