Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Varnish is offline Registered User

UK Ram fans? Hi!

Hi there! My name is Mike and I was told about this fine site by a nice gentleman with the name "Rampower1" on the back of his rams shirt at the London dolphins & giants match. So I've decided to come join.

So the reason I follow the Rams? Well it's not that exciting a story. Some time in late July/early August a mate asked me if I fancied a holiday in the states and well I agreed. He's big into his NFL being a Packers fan (but we won't hold that against him) and wanted to catch a game. Judging by the window we had and the fact that we were flying in and out of Chicago the Cardinals game at St Louis was the only one around the area at the right time.

Anyway, the game was awesome, we had this local school team coach next to us who was shouting all the way through and berating the referee lots!

After that I was hooked and now NFL sunday on sky sports is a must. So I'll be going back next year to catch another game at the Dome.

Re: UK Ram fans? Hi!

welcome, its always nice to see another "brit" join the site

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Welcome to the clan varnish.

That rampower guy sure can talk and he is pretty funny too.

I was over in England in September this year and I saw my first rugby London doubleheader at Twickenham. The game and its rules were somewhat confusing to me, but the crowd was having a great time and I had fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varnish View Post
    Hi there! My name is Mike and I was told about this fine site by a nice gentleman with the name "Rampower1" on the back of his rams shirt at the London dolphins & giants match. So I've decided to come join.

So the reason I follow the Rams? Well it's not that exciting a story. Some time in late July/early August a mate asked me if I fancied a holiday in the states and well I agreed. He's big into his NFL being a Packers fan (but we won't hold that against him) and wanted to catch a game. Judging by the window we had and the fact that we were flying in and out of Chicago the Cardinals game at St Louis was the only one around the area at the right time.

Anyway, the game was awesome, we had this local school team coach next to us who was shouting all the way through and berating the referee lots!

After that I was hooked and now NFL sunday on sky sports is a must. So I'll be going back next year to catch another game at the Dome.

Howdo Varnish rampower here, glad you came to join, good bunch here.

If you ever need advice on going stateside for a game you'll get plenty of help here, we have a meet every yeat, we would love more to come.

Enjoy the board and the rams mate

Julian
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Kane is offline Registered User

Hi Mike, always good to have another Brit on board.

Congratulations on choosing the worst season EVER to start following the Rams! At least after that we know you're a poper fan and not the fairweather type that will be a Patriots fan next season.

Julian's great - I'm glad he was able to recruit you in to our midst!

Mark.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Welcome! Great to see Rams fans world wide. Go Rams!!

Filthy McNasty Guest

Hello folks, Rams fan from Hull in England here.

I've supported the Rams since 1989, all the kids who liked the NFL in my school where ***** gloryhunters, so to be contrary I chose their biggest divisional rival.

My girlfriend is from Oklahoma and wants me to meet her family at Thanksgiving this year, I've agreed on the condition we can make a trip to St. Louis so I can pay a visit to the Edward Jones Dome, hopefully for a game if the schedule works out for me.

Look forward to talking to fellow Rams fans.

Les

hello filthy mc nasty, welcome to the fold.

|Check out the bash forum in the coming months and come over and join us for a game, more brits the better.

Both Kane and majorram come over and are top people.

You are not alone

Filthy McNasty Guest

I'd like to hear the opinions of fellow UK fans about where the best place to sit at the EJD is, on the 50 yard line sounds great but all I've read suggests the fans who sit there aren't that passionate and I'd really like to sit amongst more rabid and noisy fans, I sure as hell don't want to be told to sit down when I stand up and shout for the lads.

easy one that. sit where ever we are sitting.

really!

Filthy McNasty Guest

Heh, fair enough, well we'll see what the schedule brings. I'll be in the States between November 23rd and December 3rd.

NotVeryOriginal is offline Registered User

Heh, looks like I made the right choice, I was searching through google on something to do with Bulgers stats and this came up, decided to join, to find out not all Brits love the cheatriots.

Seems like a good a place as any to make my first post. Been a rams fan since deciding to buy Madden 03 for the Xbox the summer of 02, and saw some cool looking dude on the cover, figured Id give his team a try, 5 years later I'm pulling my hair out at a 3-13 season.

Filthy McNasty Guest

Another Yorkshire Ram? Excellent, and welcome.

Here's me representing the Rams at the Giants - Dolphins game in London.

:r

NotVeryOriginal is offline Registered User

Haha, niiiiiice.

Would have liked to go to go to that game but couldnt get the weekend off.

crazylegs is offline Registered User

Hello to all my Ram mates. I got this site from a Rams fan when i was at the BAFL level 1 coaches clinic in the north east in March. Sorry i have forgotten your name. I have followed the Rams since 1979 when i saw them on World Of Sport on a saturday afternoon playing the Steelers in the Superbowl and i was taken aback by the story of Jack Youngblood playing with broken bones in his leg. Since then they have been My team. I also saw them at Wembley when they played the Broncos in the American Bowl which they won with a late TD from Charles White. Look forward to hearing from you all. Go Rams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast