Re: anyone have XBOX live?

yo add me bro jdogg15

Just picked up NFL Head Coach today!
    RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Just picked up NFL Head Coach today!
    Is it fun?, do you just play as a coach?, do u get to be the plyer to throw the ball and play defence? are our new guys on that game?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Dude, this game f'ing owns. I love it so far and I'm still tryin to hire my coachs! BUY IT!
    RamsFan16

You didnt anwser my questions!

Is it fun? Hell yea, I like it more than Madden.

Do you just play as a coach? Yes, you do all the game planning, all the **** a coach does. TOo much to name.

Do u get to be the player to throw the ball and play defense?
    No, your the coach on the sidelines calling plays, pumping up your guys, substituting, and all that.

Are our new guys on that game?
    Coachs yes, players no
    RamsFan16

more fun than madden? i read a description and it doesnt sound that fun and on madden u can do subs, pick ur draft picks,

so NFL HEAD COACH game: u call the plays, u watch

so Madden NFL games: u call the plays u decide which way to run, call audiables, chose which receiver to throw to or u can scramble, u can stick arm, juke, spin, while on the run. Defence u can do the truck/hit stick which does so much damage. you can tell the defender to cover or blitz

I think Im gonna wait and buy Madden 07

There is so much more stuff you need to do on NFL Head Coach, its better and is a strategy game
    RamsFan16

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    There is so much more stuff you need to do on NFL Head Coach, its better and is a strategy game

honestly i havent heard many good reviews on it either.:tut

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I just picked it up today and it is an incredibly fun game. It is possible the coolest football game since Tecmo Super Bowl.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    u call the plays u decide which way to run, call audiables, chose which receiver to throw to or u can scramble. you can tell the defender to cover or blitz
    Based on the demo I played (the one RF16 posted), you can do all this as a coach as well. You can set an individual player's strategy for various things - for quarterbacks, you can tell them what part of the field to look toward, whether to force the ball versus making safe throws, whether to step up in the pocket or step back, to throw over the middle or to the sidelines, etc etc. You can call audibles and change player assignments just as you could in Madden. You can hot route, shift line/LBs, change DB coverage. It's all there. The playcalling screen is new as well and quite innovative, I thought.

This essentially seems like the game for guys who enjoy sim quite a bit, which describes me. But you also get the in-game stuff too, being able to adjust your team play by play if you want as well as implimenting game-long strategy and tactics. The only thing you don't do is control the players during the play, but usually 2-3 years into a franchise I'm outplaying the CPU when playing manually, so having the CPU control your team but with your own strategy and tactic settings could be fresh.

So I'll probably check it out, though that's a pretty raw deal that they don't have updated players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Based on the demo I played (the one RF16 posted), you can do all this as a coach as well. You can set an individual player's strategy for various things - for quarterbacks, you can tell them what part of the field to look toward, whether to force the ball versus making safe throws, whether to step up in the pocket or step back, to throw over the middle or to the sidelines, etc etc. You can call audibles and change player assignments just as you could in Madden. You can hot route, shift line/LBs, change DB coverage. It's all there. The playcalling screen is new as well and quite innovative, I thought.

This essentially seems like the game for guys who enjoy sim quite a bit, which describes me. But you also get the in-game stuff too, being able to adjust your team play by play if you want as well as implimenting game-long strategy and tactics. The only thing you don't do is control the players during the play, but usually 2-3 years into a franchise I'm outplaying the CPU when playing manually, so having the CPU control your team but with your own strategy and tactic settings could be fresh.

So I'll probably check it out, though that's a pretty raw deal that they don't have updated players.
    Great points nick, Thats alot of stuff and not even all the stuff you can do in the game. I'm guessing there will be a Roster update soon for it. Let me check, yep on Xbox Live they have an Updated Roster, everyone except our Draft Picks are on it!
    RamsFan16

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

I've had NFL Head Coach for about two weeks now, and have had a blast with it. I just made the post-season with the Greatest Show on Turf obviously, and I am getting ready to play the Falcons in the divisional round. I went 11-5 and I won the NFC West! Let's hope this happens in real life, guys! The only thing about this, is that I lost Steven Jackson for the whole season since Week 9, so I have been devastatingly disappointed by the loss of 'Action' Jackson.

I ended up drafting Reggie Bush, since he was still available (Hey, it's just a game, calm down!) and Mel Kiper Jr.'s draft analysis is amazing. He said something similiar to this: "The Rams have stolen a draft pick, Reggie Bush. I think they have drafted him so that Marshall Faulk can teach him and Steven Jackson, alot of the game of football at the same time to handle situations better." It was great!

I don't regret signing him neither, because Jackson being out for the season, plus Bush is very fast. On other notes, I've gotten Holt's overall to 99, and Bruce's to 97. Do any of you guys have bad luck with Marc Bulger, where he throws into double coverage, or gets picked off alot? I'm having problems with that.

Oh, and by the way, I do have Xbox Live, and game online on the Xbox 360. Please add me to your friends list if you would like. I would like to have some more Rams fans on my list to chat with every once in a while. My gamertag is XboxFreak85.

By the way, I just noticed this was the "Under 18" section. So that is my mistake.

Yea, lets hope that happens in real life! Great possibility! And do you game on Halo 2 at all?
    RamsFan16

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

I do every once in a while, but not very often, I got tired of it a little back in 2005. But I pick it up, dust it off, and pop it in the Xbox 360 every once in a while to play a couple of matchmaking games. What gets to me is the 9-10 year olds that are on there. It seems as if everytime I go through matchmaking, I find them, so I end up turning the sound off of my TV, because it seems as if I can never find the mute mic button, etcetera.

But that is one main part about some of the online games. Most of the time I don't find them around, but when I do, it's not on the best day.

What I'm usually playing in my spare time (when I really have any. I'm off for the "Holidays" at the moment) is Madden NFL 06, NBA 2k6, MLB 2k6, and a little bit of GRAW and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat. I rarely play Fight Night 3 online though, due to everyone's unnecessary play

But like I said, i'll pop in Halo 2 every once in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast