Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: How many gamers on the board?

Madden 2006 and San Andreas and Full Auto are like the only games I play.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Just bought today MVP 2006: NCAA Baseball and the game owns! Buy it!
    RamsFan16

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I play 'Underlight'. Monthly fee and more than a little addictive.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I play NCAA football 2006 on the ps2 online and will roll anyone on here that wants to play. Just let me know when you wish to play and I will beat you.

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    You're not going to find a quality game in the MMORPG genre that you don't have to pay monthly fees in order to use. It's the nature of the beast. You have to pay for X-Box Live as well, and both are well worth it.
    I wouldn't think a 13 year old's parents would dish out a certain amount of money each month so their kid can play a game.

My parents barely tolerate me playing games or going on the computer at all.

Plus I'm sure there is a server patch like there was for lineage 2, to make it free, seeing it's the same company, they probably used the same engine for their servers.

But it is illegal.

thoey is offline Registered User

Play Final Fantasy XI on PC. Another pay for use game. But the fees go towards expanding and upgrading the game, so I think it is worth it. Really time consuming, you have to be strong enough to say when you can and can't play.
    This space for rent...

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    I wouldn't think a 13 year old's parents would dish out a certain amount of money each month so their kid can play a game.

My parents barely tolerate me playing games or going on the computer at all.

It is cheaper to buy the software and pay a monthly fee than to go thru the single player - offline games. I can go through one of those games in a couple weeks. But, a person could play Everquest for 5 years and not be done with it.

In my opinion, a wise parent would buy that monthly subscription for his kid, and one for himself, and play with him online. (Along with doing little league and outdoor stuff as well).

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    Hey How many of you people are gamers?

What system do you prefer and what games?

MMORPGs.

EQ1 - Retired.
    Warcraft - Retired.

Turn-based:
    Galactic Civilizations. My goodness, compared to the MMORPGs, this is an incredibly boring game, but it is one of the top rated turn based games.

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    It is cheaper to buy the software and pay a monthly fee than to go thru the single player - offline games. I can go through one of those games in a couple weeks. But, a person could play Everquest for 5 years and not be done with it.

In my opinion, a wise parent would buy that monthly subscription for his kid, and one for himself, and play with him online. (Along with doing little league and outdoor stuff as well).

is Everquest a good game?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    is Everquest a good game?
    RamsFan,
    A question like that turns my gut, and my brain, into a knot.

I'm not trying to be funny, but my answer would be "Yes", and "No".

I think it depends on your reference point.

I think MMORPG games are in most ways superior to single player games. So, if your background is just you vs. your PC, then I'd wager you'd like Everquest once you got going.

But, if you have a lot of MMORPG games, then you'd have some issues with EQ I think.

That being said, way back in the day, when God created MMORPGs, there were only 3 of them: Ultima Online, EQ, and I can't remember the 3rd. EQ rose to ascendancy. It was, for the most part, the only game in town, the big boy on the block, the ONE. I could play it as soon as I got home from work, and later on begin to wonder why my stomach was feeling strange at 11pm.... then to remember I forgot to eat dinner. And that happened more than once. One friend played 31 hours straight and was an emotional wreck when he logged off. Of course after he slept, he was back on.

So, yeah, EQ is a good game, but Damn Sony to hell!

Go with Warcraft, unless you want to devote more time to gaming. In that case, go live with EQ for a few years.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Xbox 360

Halo 2
    G.R.A.W.
    Madden
    NBA 2k series.

Welcome to the Clan jjigga3000!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    I dunno. As coy said, you could buy an MMORPG and end up playing it for years. Whereas you could buy a game that's heavily based on a single player campaign and never touch it again after you beat it in two weeks.

I believe the monthly CoH cost is $15. The retail cost of the game is something like $30 (you can get it for $20 on Amazon), which is half of what new X-Box games cost. Let's say you throw $30 down for the game and $30 down for two months of the subscription. That's the equivilent of one X-Box game that may last a person two weeks, depending on the game.

It's really not a bad investment, but for families that are very strict about video games, it might not be for them. It all depends on the individual case, which is why I wouldn't say to avoid it simply because of the monthly fee. Again, X-Box Live has a fee as well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I'll add to the discussion that one should avoid anything related to Sony, i.e. Sony Online Entertainment.

They have destroyed good games, once they bought the rights to them and got their claws in them, and, the new games they've produced have been a mass of confused crap. One turd, morphed into another turd, morphed into another turd. (Starwars and EQ 2 if you will).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12