throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 Guest

I got a feeling about Faulk

I have a feeling that Faulk is going to retire. Yes he said (kind of) that he is coming back BUT he hasn't announced he is coming back yet. I have a feeling (slam me on this comment if you will) that he is going to do the same thing Jimmy Smith did. He is saying how excited he is about the upcoming season, ect. and then will retire. I know the two are two diffrent people but things are shaping out that way. I'd be upsted to see him go but its a business, and maybe with the word of us looking at bringing Moe Williams in Faulk is changing his mind, I know we haven't singed Moe Williams yet but were talking about it. Maybe Linehan isn't telling us something, maybe he is telling us everything, who knows. Thats my two cents.

This is how I see our RBs next year.

Scenerio One
    Jackson
    Faulk
    Fisher

Scenerio Two
    Jackson
    Williams
    Fisher

Scenerio Three
    Jackson
    Lee Suggs (Talk about him getting cut, young good back)
    Fisher

Scenerio Four
    Jackson
    Fisher
    Washington

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: I got a feeling about Faulk

And it worth alot , I dont think we find out till it happens but I like your post and break done , Well done ...

RamOfDenmark Guest

Forgive me if I can't take your opinion very seriously just now 16, but 1 day ago in the "Rams attempting to get Moe Williams" thread you said:

"Yea. This has me worried, really worried."
    (To speculation about Faulk retiring)

Then 17 hours ago in the "Prisco: Faulk out of shape and unwanted?" thread you said:

"I really wouldn't be that upset to see Faulk go" and "Faulk is just dead money IMO"

And now in this newest thread you say: "I'd be upset to see him go"

It was the same with the Tye Hill draft pick, first you were so angry about it you left the chat, then what must have been 15 minutes later or so, you all of a sudden think it's the best pick ever.

Now a man is entitled to change his mind of course, but in general you might want to cool down a little and think before you post. Otherwise you just come off as a flip-flopper with no opinion other than going with what seems popular at the time.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark
    Forgive me if I can't take your opinion very seriously just now 16, but 1 day ago in the "Rams attempting to get Moe Williams" thread you said:

"Yea. This has me worried, really worried."
    (To speculation about Faulk retiring)

Then 17 hours ago in the "Prisco: Faulk out of shape and unwanted?" thread you said:

"I really wouldn't be that upset to see Faulk go" and "Faulk is just dead money IMO"

And now in this newest thread you say: "I'd be upset to see him go"

It was the same with the Tye Hill draft pick, first you were so angry about it you left the chat, then what must have been 15 minutes later or so, you all of a sudden think it's the best pick ever.

Now a man is entitled to change his mind of course, but in general you might want to cool down a little and think before you post. Otherwise you just come off as a flip-flopper with no opinion other than going with what seems popular at the time.
    I mean I'd be upset to see his Legacy go but not upset to see himself go, because its a business.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Like i said in another thread, I think he'll wait until after the preseason, 1) like if the HBs arent doing well or Jackson gets injuried, He'll stay, and 2) if all the HBs are doing really good he might think.... "All of them are doing well, Its probably time I should end my career and let another person take my place..." He has had a GREAT career!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    Like i said in another thread, I think he'll wait until after the preseason, 1) like if the HBs arent doing well or Jackson gets injuried, He'll stay, and 2) if all the HBs are doing really good he might think.... "All of them are doing well, Its probably time I should end my career and let another person take my place..." He has had a GREAT career!
    No way he waits that long! I say before PreSeason or Right about the start of Mini Camp he'll announce whether he is staying or going. Right now though I myself (others are entitled to their opinions) feel that he is going to retire. Just me! I mean why would Linehan be looking at Moe Williams with Faulk, Jackson and Fisher? He said already he is impressed with Fisher so far and others are saying that this might be the biggest signing given Fishers' talents he has shown. Thats why I think that he will retire.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Don't you see? RF16 is such a skilled debater, he internalizes both sides of the argument! Besides, how else is he going to rack up that many posts without arguing with himself?

All kidding aside, I don't think Faulk would wait until after the pre-season to retire. What would it matter if Jackson were to get out of the preseason alright if he goes down in game 1? If Faulk wants to make sure the team will be alright, he'll probably stay for the next season. So far, all the sources I've seen except Prisco indicate either Faulk says he wants to be back, sources close to Faulk say he wants to be back, or the coaches want him back. Maybe it's all show, but I'm inclined to think we've got him for one more year.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -06-02-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I don't think he is going to retire until next season. And that is a mabye. In my mind, I truly believe that he is going to play this season. The only reason that I can see him retiring is if he realizes that his knees can't keep up with him. And if for some reason he does quit, your gonna see him on the sideline as a coach.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Nice comment, Dr. D, and I do agree about The Marshall's knees, timing and potential sideline situation.

Welcome to the Clan! :clanram: Enjoy.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Must be the same gut feeling that led ramsfan16 to believe that aj hawk is going to be a bust. Ramsfan16 may be correct about this one, he may be wrong about this one, he is entitled to his ever changing view. This much i will say with 100% certainty. Faulks decision will be based on one thing and one thing only at this point- DOES HE STILL WANT TO PLAY. it will have nothing to do with tony fisher. I cant believe how many times some people (and i am not naming names) are stupid enough to believe everything that they read.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    This is how I see our RBs next year.

Scenerio One
    Jackson
    Faulk
    Fisher

Scenerio Two
    Jackson
    Williams
    Fisher

Scenerio Three
    Jackson
    Lee Suggs (Talk about him getting cut, young good back)
    Fisher

Scenerio Four
    Jackson
    Fisher
    Washington
    Let me guess, you also see our next president in 2008 as being either Republican (scenario one), Democrat (scenario two), or neither (scenario three)? Those are some impressive prognostication skills.

As for Faulk, I don't think he's going to retire. Unlike Favre, who had people kind of strung along with the real possibility of it happening, Faulk's retirement is only being speculated on because he hasn't come out and said he's definitely going to be playing this year. All indications are that he will be, but we know he isn't exactly the most durable back in the league. Hence, adding Fisher as the #3 - a guy who has spent time as a change of pace back and adds good depth. The Rams are likely looking at Williams because of Linehan being familiar with him. This isn't anything new, and I don't think it reflects some hidden knowledge that the staff knows about Faulk. It's probably more to just see how much depth they can acquire. Just look at Green Bay last season. How many RBs did they go through in 16 games?

SFCRamFan Guest

Two points that have been brought up will have the greatest impact: Desire to play and the health of his knees.

First and foremost, he must have the desire to play. If, as he has been quoted, he wants to play then the rehab process and conditioning must begin in earnest now. I'm sure that it has to some extent begun already.

As a seasoned pro in knee surgeries (5), I know how annoying, painful and time consuming rehab can be. In addition, as you get older in a young man's game, this rehab and conditioning really takes a toll on you as much mentally as physically.

He may have the desire, but is the body willing and able to respond and cooperate to make one more season possible? That is the question that the next month or two of conditioning and rehab will answer for him. We are just left to await the resulting answer.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Whoa! If we pick up Lee Suggs I will be ecstatic!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I have said the same. RamOfDenmark you are preaching to deaf ears I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

jkramsfan Guest

i hope he continues to play, i believe he has 2 years left if he wants them, i remember faulk saying once that big time players make big time plays in big time games(that might not be an exact quote) and i feel he still has a few special moments left in him.i also feel he has earned the right to do what he wants and to take as long as he needs to make the right decision,unless it starts to hurt the team which it is not at this time,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast