Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: my high school team.

How many games do you guys play?

Built RAM tough

Milan is offline Registered User

Only 4 games in the Regular season, CFL rules as well.

3 Downs, No Blocking From the Side Or Back, End Zones are 20 yards, Uprights are at the beginning of the end zone.

We beat the other team 21-4, off to the West Region Finals of Toronto.

Geez those are some weird rules
    Built RAM tough

Yeah.

We won the west region finals, and are off to city if we win this weeks game.

ramsown is offline Registered User

job milan

im in 7th grade and im 5'5 120. pretty muscular but kind of cut.

i play outside backer/or ss. i blitz alot but i can alos play coverage but i feel im better at man to man coverage that zone

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    We won the west region finals, and are off to city if we win this weeks game.

did you win?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsown View Post
    job milan

im in 7th grade and im 5'5 120. pretty muscular but kind of cut.

i play outside backer/or ss. i blitz alot but i can alos play coverage but i feel im better at man to man coverage that zone
    Thanks man.

RF4E, we lost unfortunately 21-0. I had .5 of a tackle in that game and didn't play too much, my replacement pretty much screwed us by blowing coverage on 2 TD catches but also saved us on some tackles.

Sorry I couldn't respond before, but I was banned for a month.

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

im 16 and im 6'4" 170 lbs. im a twig. i play volleyball instead lol. in 6th grade i played qb, wr, fs, and corner. and i also played basketball in 6th grade and got mvp of my team. i used to be hella good. im ok now, not great... anymore :-( lol.

Quote Originally Posted by im_a_king_co07 View Post
    im 16 and im 6'4" 170 lbs. im a twig. i play volleyball instead lol. in 6th grade i played qb, wr, fs, and corner. and i also played basketball in 6th grade and got mvp of my team. i used to be hella good. im ok now, not great... anymore :-( lol.

Actually 6'4" 170 is normal.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Keenum is offline Registered User

Just got done playing my last year of high-school football (over 18, by the way). I'm 6'1'' 260 lbs. I've played LT, RT, some guard in practices (and even once a punt returner for the heck of it... practice of course) and played DT last year. My high school career was probably one of the most up-and-down ever, even though I only played 3 years.

Get ready for a life story

I played at Ardmore High School in Ardmore, AL. If you read some history, we were awesome many years ago. Then, Ardmore set the state record for most consecutive losses and has seemed to never recover. Eventually one coach won two games, then 5, and then my year. I never really played much, just spelling some guys at DT or O-line. First year I was there we had a great bunch of seniors and we went 7-3, making the playoffs. We lost our first game when our RB fumbled (although the tape did show he was down, but we dont' have instant replay... yet) at the one yard line to tie the game late in the 4th. Our HC left for another school.

The next year was weird. We looked very good in our preseason game, but then we LOST every game after that and went 0-10. Ouch.

So, we really were not expected to do anything the next year. We got another coach (acutally our 3rd in 3 years) and worked our butts off in the offseason. Hard work WILL pay off. we went 8-2, and would have hosted a playoff game if not for the wierd tiebreaker stuff (one team was undefeated, then #2 seed were all tied). We ended up playing what everyone called the best team in the state (4A... Guntersville) and got romped in that game. Guntersville did go on to win state.

So we went from 7 wins, to 0, and then to 8. Next year will be interesting, as we'll see if Ardmore can finally secure it's spot back on the football map. We lost several seniors (I was one of them), but still have a ton of talent from last year.

Whew! Sorry if I took so long. Hope someone enjoys my rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Just got done playing my last year of high-school football (over 18, by the way). I'm 6'1'' 260 lbs. I've played LT, RT, some guard in practices (and even once a punt returner for the heck of it... practice of course) and played DT last year. My high school career was probably one of the most up-and-down ever, even though I only played 3 years.

Get ready for a life story

I played at Ardmore High School in Ardmore, AL. If you read some history, we were awesome many years ago. Then, Ardmore set the state record for most consecutive losses and has seemed to never recover. Eventually one coach won two games, then 5, and then my year. I never really played much, just spelling some guys at DT or O-line. First year I was there we had a great bunch of seniors and we went 7-3, making the playoffs. We lost our first game when our RB fumbled (although the tape did show he was down, but we dont' have instant replay... yet) at the one yard line to tie the game late in the 4th. Our HC left for another school.

The next year was weird. We looked very good in our preseason game, but then we LOST every game after that and went 0-10. Ouch.

So, we really were not expected to do anything the next year. We got another coach (acutally our 3rd in 3 years) and worked our butts off in the offseason. Hard work WILL pay off. we went 8-2, and would have hosted a playoff game if not for the wierd tiebreaker stuff (one team was undefeated, then #2 seed were all tied). We ended up playing what everyone called the best team in the state (4A... Guntersville) and got romped in that game. Guntersville did go on to win state.

So we went from 7 wins, to 0, and then to 8. Next year will be interesting, as we'll see if Ardmore can finally secure it's spot back on the football map. We lost several seniors (I was one of them), but still have a ton of talent from last year.

Whew! Sorry if I took so long. Hope someone enjoys my rant!

I'm not familiar with the way the States runs High school football, do they run a Varsity type thing featuring every age group on one team or 2 different Junior/Senior teams?

But yeah that does sound weird...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I'm not familiar with the way the States runs High school football, do they run a Varsity type thing featuring every age group on one team or 2 different Junior/Senior teams?

But yeah that does sound weird...
    Most schools will have a junior varisty team and a varsity team. I think you can only play on JV 4 years, but I know that you can only play on the varsity team for 4 years. The most common approach I've seen is that after the 9th grade JV year, the JV players will then move to varsity level and stay from there, giving them 3 and 1/2 years of varsity football. Pretty much college football rules and NFL-type playoff, but nobody gets a bye.

There may be a rare case when an 8th grader will be so talented, that the coaches will let him play varsity. Then, they will play their 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade year, but they can NOT play their senior year.

Hope that helps!

well boys, guess what? spring football, well i got moved t varsity and started in the varsity football game, and i had abot 8 tackles. but no sacks, we lost our game and now that summer is here were are going to UM, UF, FSU and many other camps for our football training, look out 2007 here we come!!!
    Built RAM tough

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234