RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Snowman Scramble a Huge Success

Snowman Scramble a Huge Success
    Thursday, June 1, 2006

As a former player and career-long representative of the Rams, Jack Snow touched the lives of many people. Just how many people didn’t become clear until his premature passing in January of this year.

In honor of Snow, the Rams hosted the Snowman Scramble on May 22 at Fox Run Golf Club with proceeds going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the National Football Foundation's Scholarship Fund in his memory. JDRF was close to Snow's heart because it afflicts his 8-year old grandson Jake Reed Peters, who was diagnosed with Type I diabetes when he was 20 months.

On a perfect day at the golf course, 160 golfers (four golfers plus a celebrity per team) divided up and hit the links to honor Snow. Included among the celebrities were Rams quarterback Marc Bulger, coach Scott Linehan and receiver Kevin Curtis.

By the end of the day, with more than 200 of Jack’s associates and friends in attendance, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the St. Louis Rams Foundation was able to raise $175,000. Greg Slack, one of Jack’s closest friends, called the tournament one of the best he has participated in. “Of all the tournaments I've played in over the years with Jack, not a single one, let me repeat, not a single one was held with more class and fun than this tournament,” Slack said. “I can’t thank you enough for honoring Jack and his family with the best tournament ever and, at the same time, helping his favorite foundations.”

Jack’s two daughters, Stephanie and Michelle, and his grandson Jake, were there to meet and greet the golfer's, along with Rams marketing executive Pam Benoist, Director of the tournament, and many volunteers.

The Edward Jones team claimed the tournament win led by Rams receiver Dane Looker. Edward Jones Investments was the Title Sponsor of the Snowman Scramble.

RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Snowman Scramble a Huge Success

Good Job everyone! You will be remembered Jack Snow!

how many players were there? 3? Bulger and Curtis and Looker?
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -06-01-2006 at 06:33 PM.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I don't know if this was a threat already, but I am not a baseball fan at all, and living in NY I use to care a little bit for the red sox (you know, rivarly and stuff) but then I realized that Jack's son is in their roster, and let me tell you, after that day, a couple of weeks ago, I am red sox biggest fan!!!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

his son, I think is named T.J. Snow and he changed his number to 84 to honor his dad before the season started

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

you got that right, and he beat the hell up of the yanquees that night!!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

named T.J. Snow
    J.T. Snow. He is a great LH defensive 1b and a decent hitter.