txramsfan is offline Registered User

For the young crowd

We've noticed that we've had an influx of younger posters recently and thought that if we gave you guys your own area to post in and "cut your teeth" so to speak, that it may help when you venture out to the other areas.

Please feel free to talk about the Rams or anything else you wish (except politics and religion) and use this forum for your own growth ok?

Have fun....tx

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: For the young crowd

Thanks for making this forum!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

You should make one for the over 18 crowd
    RamsFan16

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    When the "under 18's" come out of the 'kiddie pool', we expect them to abide by the forum rules. The "over 18's" should understand this already, and should be abiding by said rules. Therefore, I see no reason to have a seperate 'red light district' for the adults. The mods will see to it that this place stays the way it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    This was my idea to create this forum, but if you don't want this forum I'll just ask Dez to delete it.

Won't hurt my feelings, just one less place I have to moderate. It's up to you all. You want to apprecate it like 4ever did that is appreciated. You want to pop off an uncalled for reaction like 16 did, that is noted also.

As I see it, it's one vote yes and one vote no so far.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    We've noticed that we've had an influx of younger posters recently and thought that if we gave you guys your own area to post in and "cut your teeth" so to speak, that it may help when you venture out to the other areas.

Please feel free to talk about the Rams or anything else you wish (except politics and religion) and use this forum for your own growth ok?

Have fun....tx
    thx tx...it's good for us to have our own area i guess
    and dont worry...we promise not to talk about politics or religion LOL

Milan is offline Registered User

I'm cool with it, it doesn't matter if it's here or not. It is just a way of giving us our own zone to learn the rules until we can follow em good and not derail threads.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

its not my cup of tea, people make mistakes, and when they happen to be under 18, they shouldn't be criticized for it, but thats just me, I really don't like this though..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Does this mean we aren't aloud to post threads on other forums cause if so i don't like it.

Look, we had to do something. Instead of banning the lot of you, we allowed you to have your own forum. No, this doesn't mean you can't post in other threads but it does mean that if you start a thread, wherever you think it should be, it will be moved here.

Why? Several long time posters were complaining about how the board was slipping because of the young crowd just posting away without really thinking about what was being said. ClanRam isn't the place to just post "we are great, everyone is going to the Pro Bowl" things of that nature. You can accept this and carry on or you can either create your own board or find another one.

Your choice. However, this is the rule and we will stick by it. Like I said, if you have an issue....PM Dez himself. Because that's where this came from.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    Does this mean we aren't aloud to post threads on other forums cause if so i don't like it.
    No, what it means is that we're trying to encourage some of our younger members to grow and mature so that they can better participate in the mature football discussion that takes place on this board.

This isn't the official site's old board or the PD board. We expect our members to behave like adults, make their points in a clear, logical, and mature manner, and not post simply for the sake of increasing your post count.

If people are looking for a place to run wild, say whatever they want, and think better of themselves because of the number next to their post count, I can provide a number of links to boards that allow that. This is not one of them.

This isn't a high school hallway. This is the ClanRam. We're hoping this forum helps younger members learn what's acceptable to post and how to post at the Clan so that the experience remains enjoyable to everyone.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I happen to agree with Tx, Nick, Dez and whoever else came up with this Under 18 forum. I have noticed along with other people it seems, a lack of quality posts lately. Many regular people aren't posting as much (myself included) now. I have to believe that a small part of the reason is that it is the offseason, but I think the main part is the quality of posts has gone down and stopped people from posting so much or even coming back at all maybe in some cases.

It's frustrating to some to have to sift through low quality posts to find the good stuff. It's also frustrating that some people have pointed out numerous times it's not about how many posts you make, it's about the quality of the post, and backing up your statement with facts.

Good job to the creators of this forum.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

rams! is offline Registered User

I turn 18 tomorrow. Farewell Under 18 section lol.

Will my "Rams Sigs" thread still be in the "Under 18" section?