AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Book of SpiralHorns V Prologue: The Quiet Harbinger

He was one of the greatest champions of the Legion, and the pride and desire had not deserted him yet. But as he looked at the gathering warriors on the fields of the Homeland, he knew. He knew that there were others who had not yet faced the ravages of time. Though in his heart he could still feel what they feel – the passion, the energy, the power – in his mind, he knew that the scars of battle had left their toll.

And so he would no longer be the vanguard. That much, he accepted. But he could still be a soldier and, perhaps, a mentor to those blessed with the strength of youth, but lacking in the wisdom of age.

The moment passed in a mere instant. A champion, standing before his General, handed his sword and shield to his humble usurper. There was no fanfare. No sounding of the horns upon the ramparts of the stronghold. Just a moment.

The next morning, the sun rose as always… but something was different. A new energy coursed through the veins of the Legion. Young warriors stepped forward, ready not only to fight, but to lead. A new dawn had arrived with a whisper. It was not heard beyond the boarders of the Spiralhorns' stronghold. The armies of the many lands did not look toward the Homeland, but rather anticipated storms arriving from other places. They would not realize their mistake until later, but the realization would come.

The Legion was reborn, and soon its wrath would be upon them.

Coming soon...

The Book of SpiralHorns V: Golden Age, Blue Dawn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Book of SpiralHorns V Prologue: The Quiet Harbinger-smclamo.jpg  
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -07-20-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

Re: Book of SpiralHorns V Prologue: The Quiet Harbinger

That was a good poast avengar, how long have you been a poet?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Book of SpiralHorns V Prologue: The Quiet Harbinger

I don't know that I'd call myself a poet, but, as the title indicates, this is the fifth season I'll be doing the BoSH.