AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Chapter 2: The Death Warriors (by RamDez)

Chapter 2 - The Death Warriors (Part 1) - by RamDez

The mist from the Bay continued to roll in.

Men lay on the field, scattered and forlorn. Red and Blue everywhere, all looked tired.
    Young warriors, some who gave there all, stood bowed and in fear of the future. They knew they had to travel now, travel long and through the Bad Lands. Heading for the heat of the south. They just never had the heart. Their leader, the great General had fallen, some say he was dead but his body was not to be found. The young warriors looked all over the field of battle but the rolling mists hindered and frustrated them in their search. No one was giving them direction. The Blue warriors, the young and the old were confused. What do they do now?

Texrameas stood upon his shield and called them to gather around him. ‘We have far to travel and we need to focus’ he chided the Clan, ‘We must gather ourselves and set forth’.
    RamWraith stood beside him and added, ‘let us go now, before we lose heart and focus’. A murmur can across the warriors. A young warrior, NeoRameas shouted from the back of the milling warriors. ‘Why, why should we follow you when the great AvengerRam is dead?’ Why? Texrameas strode across the field, scattering warriors as he plowed towards the young warrior. ‘WHY? He growled, because we have a Homeland to protect or have you forgotten?’ WHY? Because we are the Clan and we do not bow down and cry like the whiners who were lucky enough to benefit from our failures. THAT’S WHY.

Suddenly there was a commotion. The mist was swirling in mystical spirals, going against the blowing winds. Fear grasped the warriors as a golden hue tinged the mist and spread across their uniforms. A deep rumble that came from everywhere and no where com pounded the fear warriors felt. Suddenly, a cry went out from the assembled warriors, Urbanos …… he is here!

Dez Urbanos, rode onto the field, flanked by his bodyguard of Death Warriors. The ClanRam fell to the ground, averting their eyes from the sight, The Death Warriors cleared an area, near where Texrameas and RamWraith stood. Dez Urbanos dismounted and strode into the clearing. He clenched the fallen banner of the Clan and turned and faced the members. His face was stern, eyes focused and distant. The Death Warriors, still on their steeds, moved slowly around, nudging warriors and keeping them grouped together.

‘Now then’ said Urbanos, ‘Why are you still here? I have traveled from the homelands, expecting to meet with you in the salt flats but I found no warriors. Why have you lingered at this place?’

Texrameas moved forward and started to speak but a Death Warriors steed, cut across his path and stopped his train of thought.

‘I do not need you to speak old friend, I know your heart; said Urbanos I need only that you now gather your belongings and follow me now’.

I go, with my Death Warriors, to the heat of the desert. I need you all to focus on the coming battle. Now is not the time to think on your mistakes, I can correct them on our journey. I go now, I do not look back, there is only the coming to see in my eyes.

Are you with me?

Are you?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -09-16-2005 at 09:34 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Chapter 2: The Death Warriors (by RamDez)

That is what we need...focus...a focus on the coming battle.

Let us go now to the heat of the desert.
    :angryram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chapter 2: The Death Warriors (by RamDez)

The Death Warriors (Part 2) - by RamDez

He stood there, like a rock. Looking out across the great canyon. To his left and right, the Death Warriors flanked him, protecting him as he stood there, wondering.

After a time, one of the Death Warriors moved towards him, slowly. ; Do you think they will come?’ Urbanos said to him, not turning from his view of the vast expanse. ‘I believe they will’ replied the Death Warrior. ‘So do I’ he murmured, they will make the journey and they will learn as they travel’. The Death Warrior nodded. His face was obscured by the hood he wore, pulled forward casting a deep shadow. ‘You know they would be better served if you led them?’ Urbanos said, turning to face the Death Warrior. ‘I know Lord but they have leaders who have yet to step forward. They are young yet and need to find themselves without me’.

Urbanos turned away from the Death Warrior and stared again at the valley. ‘You know they think you perished, don’t you?’ The Death Warrior said nothing. ‘We should go now; the Clan should have passed the great salt flats and moved towards the desert. I want to look closely at our Clan, I need to identify the leaders and mark them to the Death Warrior code’. He turned and quickly mounted his steed. As he moved forward, the 10 Death Warriors of the Clan followed his lead and continued to flank him, 5 to each side. As Urbanos picked up speed he looked back to his right, AvengerRam’s hood had now blown back, exposing his face. Urbanos allowed a flicker of a smile and turned, urging his steed forward.

The eleven riders moved south.