1. KC Luke Joeckel - They can't trade out of this one, and even if they can't deal Albert, Luke's the guy, unless they surprise with Fisher or Floyd or Luteleilei.
2. Jacksonville - Sharif Floyd DT. You rebuild inside out, and Floyd may be the best in the draft. Eric Fisher is an outside shot, but Jags BADLY need to sell tickets, and having a Florida Alum at DT is gonna sell more than an OT.
3. Oakland - Gno Smith - ALWAYS a wild card, and this would be the wildest of all(Other than Bar kley or Manuel of course) If they go sane, it's Luteleilei, who replaces Seymour to anchor their D. His amazing pro day numbers and clean bill of health put him right to the top again.
4. Phi. - Eric Fisher OT - A no brainer. I can't see them going any way but OT at thos point.
5. Detroit - D. Milliner CB - A sure thing cover corner, in that division, makes more sense than a raw pass rusher like Ziggy Ansah.
6. Cleveland - Dion Jordan LB - a perfect fit opposite Krueger in the 3-4
If Milliner is there, they would take him instead.
7. Arizona - Matt Barkley - USC - I'm just not sure a black QB would sell in the desert, but if they can forget Leinart, this could be the guy. Will depend on his workout. If they don't go QB, or Barkley is gone, They go OT LAne Johnson.
8. Buffalo - Cordarelle Patterson WR They go for need, and excitement, over an O tackle or DE. They somehow get Ryan Nassib to be their QB, probably round two.
9. Jets Ziggy Ansah - OLB/DE - Rex Ryan drools over guys like this.
They cpould go RB if Patterson falls.
10. Tennessee - Jon Cooper G They take him over Warmack, because he projects also to center.
11. SD - Lane Johnson OT - The Char gers wil;l be sweating this out, and might even deal up for OT, they need it sooooo bad. IF all three OT are gone, they could go ith Warmack, or a WR.
12. Mia. -Sheldon Richardson - No more need at WR, so they take best player available. May be a steal at 12.
13. T.B. Xavier Rhodes - An easy pick, unless they like D. Trufant better, or Richardson falls.
14. Car - Jarvis Jones LB - Would give Carolina a tremendous LB corps. Could go with T. Austin to replace Smith
15. N.O. Barkevious Mingo OLB - A perfect mesh of need and value, and a Louisiana State Alum.
16, RAMS - Tavon Austin -WR - Because the Rams have an extra pick, they use one to provide an extra dimension. A bit of a reach over Chance Warmack, but they hope Rok Wat kins is that guy, and they will go C or G, o both later.
17. Pitts - Bjorn Werner OLB/DE - They need to replace Harrison, and though they could go WR, RB, or OL, this seems the best option.
18. Dall - Margus Hunt - Solid SMU 3-4 DE. Could go OL or DB
19. NYG - Chance Warmack - Need and great value. Could also go Alec Ogletree -LB , if Warmack and Cooper gone.
20. Chi - Alec Ogletree LB - Bears have LB need. Could go Manti Teo, with new defense scheme coming in.
21. Cinc - DJ Fluker - Replace one big Bama tackle with another. Could go WR here, or DB.
22. RAMS - Eric Reid -They'll try to trade down with WR need met and all guards and tackles gone they would want. I really see a deal down here, for a team needing a QB, TE, maybe RB If stuck here, Reid is right there among the best prospects that fit need. The best here left are probably RB and TE, so .......
If they did deal Saffold, (Don't see it)could go OT here. They like Reid better than Vaccaro, Elam, or Cyprien. Could go D. Trufant CB here as well. Lacey would be an outside outside outside shot, as could DT Sylvester Williams.
The whole draft seems to hinge on the number of QB in early/mid round one. The more the better for the Rams fortunes.
No announcement yet.
My Latest Mock
Now that the Senior Bowl is firmly in the rear view mirrior, here's an updated look at how things could shake out in the first round of the NFL Draft this year. As always, feedback and constructive criticism is welcome! ROUND ONE 1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi -Tennessee is second in the league in sacks allowed, and no quarterback when pressured has been sacked at as large of a percentage as Marcus Mariota has been. Tunsil gives the Titans a legitimate left tackle to pair with Taylor Lewan on the offensive line. 2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California -The hype train for Carson Wentz is in full steam, but I'm not ready to put him in the Top 5 as some other people are. I still view Goff as the top QB in the class, meaning he makes a lot of sense for a Cleveland team that is tired of Johnny Manziel's screw ups. 3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State -Brandon Flowers was graded out as one of the worst corners in the league by Pro Football Focus, and Eric Weddle won't be coming back. The Chargers could use help in both areas, and Ramsey is capable of excelling at either at the next level. 4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State -Will the Cowboys flirt with taking a QB here? Maybe, but I also think Jerr...-01-31-2016, 04:12 PM
RamView, January 3, 2016 Game #16: ***** 19, Rams 16 (OT) The ever-inconsistent Rams regress back to the mean and end another losing season with another disappointing loss to a team they had no business losing to. The hallmark of Jeff Fisher Rams football isn't the running game or aggressive defense, it's miserable losses like this one. Good riddance to 2015. Position by position: * QB: Case Keenum (23-37-231, PR 77.6) does a lot right for the Rams at QB. He runs the offense with good tempo and gets the ball out quickly on quick-timing plays. He’s smart and tough in the pocket, uses his mobility well and rarely gets sacked. The best example of that was a play he made in the 3rd. He rolled right, deked a free-running Aaron Lynch into pul...-01-05-2016, 10:50 PM
The Todd Gurley-less Rams finished their season 7-9 with a disappointing OT loss to the whiners by the score of 19-16 on the strength of terrible third down play on both sides of the ball, untimely penalties, terrible field goal kicking and some highly suspect play calling with the team poised to win the game in overtime. The Rams shortcomings against a 5-11 couldnt have been more obvious today. At the end of the day, Case Keenum is not an NFL starting qb, albeit a reasonable backup. Way too many missed opportunities, and without todd gurley, and with all of our injuries on defense, we arent close to good enough to simply have a qb who is going to avoid mistakes at all costs, afraid to make throws. Toss in some untimely drops by our receivers and at least one terrible call by the refs that obviously cost us 3 points at the minimum, and you find a way to lose a game that we all know we should have won. No points...-01-04-2016, 02:51 AM
In what should be considered their most impressive win in the Fisher era, the Rams won their third game in a row by beating and beating up the seachickens in a tremendous 23-17 win. The Rams capitalized on 3 seachicken turnovers (one of which resulted in a defensive touchdown), didn't turn the ball over themselves, kept the penalties to a minimum, and scrounged out just enough offense to earn their first season sweep of the chickens since 2004. The Rams played their best half of the year jumping out to a 16-3 lead at the break and hung in there to avoid a collapse at the scene of so many painful prior year debacles. Frankly, i am riddled with mixed and incredibly extreme and passionate emotions at this point. On the one hand, i am so thrilled with a tremendous win over a playoff caliber team on the road in which the Rams proved once and for all that they have the talent and capability to win big games, notwithstanding...-12-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Good write up.
I think it was ugly that we accepted the penalty with the Seagulla on 4 and 10. Giving them a new (long) third down. I am pretty sure they would not have gone for it on 4 and 10.
Else great game.-12-28-2015, 02:39 AM
RamView, December 17, 2015 Game #14: Rams 31, Bucs 23 If this was the Rams' last week in St. Louis, at least they made it a heck of a week. They won for the second time in five days Thursday night and made the Bucs look like the team that could not cut the mustard. Position by position: * QB: Case Keenum (14-17-234, 2 TD, PR 158.0) managed the heck out of this game. He led the Rams to an opening drive TD throwing little but screens and swing passes. But Case did not live on small ball alone, also throwing a perfect 60-yard TD bomb to Kenny Britt later in the 1st. The Ram passing game was in good rhythm much of the game, and Keenum distributed the ball well. On the Rams' TD drive in the 2nd, he hit Tavon Austin for 13, Lance K...-12-20-2015, 04:01 AM