1. The most notable thing about the game yesterday was the way the Rams overcame their mistakes and an 11 point deficit to win. The confidence built on a win like that is huge.
2. Sam Bradford started the season well. Remember that last year he did not have very good statistical games against the Arizona defense. 100.7 passer rating is strong.
3. Jared Cook showed why the Rams made him a FA priority.
4. After each picking up a penalty on the first drive, I thought Jake Long and Rodger Saffold had a good game in pass protection. Sam didn't get sacked all day.
5. Robert Quinn was a beast. He's going to have more games like that this year.
6. I wish the Rams would use more press coverage on the WRs, but I think that there is a (probably justified) lack of trust in the safeties.
7. The Rams must cut down on the penalties, particularly the dead ball fouls.
8. Though Tavon Austin did not get into the open field, he did a good job helping move the chains. His breakout day is not far off, I'd suspect.
9. Chris Givens had a tough time with Patrick Peterson. A lot of players probably will have similar problems.
10. Arizona is not a bad team. Carson Palmer is a HUGE upgrade for them at QB.
11. Greg Zuerlein was money.
12. Daryl Richardson did a decent job, particularly out of the backfield as a receiver.
13. Though it was only one play, it was nice to see Brian Quick make a contribution.
14. William Hayes was an under-the-radar move, but retaining him was a big deal.
15. I think the playcalling was a bit timid at times, but I expect things will open up as the offense truly comes together.
16. Cortland Finnegan will want to forget this one. Hopefully, he'll make us forget it soon too.
17. If Janoris Jenkins is our best cover corner.
18. Pulling out that game really takes the pressure off the Rams as they travel to Atlanta and then to Dallas. It would be great to steal at least one of those two road games.
19. I'm curious whether Isaiah Pead will get a chance this week.
20. "I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.” - Nuke LaLoosh
No announcement yet.
20 Random Post-Week 1 Thoughts
Now that the Senior Bowl is firmly in the rear view mirrior, here's an updated look at how things could shake out in the first round of the NFL Draft this year. As always, feedback and constructive criticism is welcome! ROUND ONE 1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi -Tennessee is second in the league in sacks allowed, and no quarterback when pressured has been sacked at as large of a percentage as Marcus Mariota has been. Tunsil gives the Titans a legitimate left tackle to pair with Taylor Lewan on the offensive line. 2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California -The hype train for Carson Wentz is in full steam, but I'm not ready to put him in the Top 5 as some other people are. I still view Goff as the top QB in the class, meaning he makes a lot of sense for a Cleveland team that is tired of Johnny Manziel's screw ups. 3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State -Brandon Flowers was graded out as one of the worst corners in the league by Pro Football Focus, and Eric Weddle won't be coming back. The Chargers could use help in both areas, and Ramsey is capable of excelling at either at the next level. 4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State -Will the Cowboys flirt with taking a QB here? Maybe, but I also think Jerr...-01-31-2016, 04:12 PM
RamView, January 3, 2016 Game #16: ***** 19, Rams 16 (OT) The ever-inconsistent Rams regress back to the mean and end another losing season with another disappointing loss to a team they had no business losing to. The hallmark of Jeff Fisher Rams football isn't the running game or aggressive defense, it's miserable losses like this one. Good riddance to 2015. Position by position: * QB: Case Keenum (23-37-231, PR 77.6) does a lot right for the Rams at QB. He runs the offense with good tempo and gets the ball out quickly on quick-timing plays. He’s smart and tough in the pocket, uses his mobility well and rarely gets sacked. The best example of that was a play he made in the 3rd. He rolled right, deked a free-running Aaron Lynch into pul...-01-05-2016, 10:50 PM
The Todd Gurley-less Rams finished their season 7-9 with a disappointing OT loss to the whiners by the score of 19-16 on the strength of terrible third down play on both sides of the ball, untimely penalties, terrible field goal kicking and some highly suspect play calling with the team poised to win the game in overtime. The Rams shortcomings against a 5-11 couldnt have been more obvious today. At the end of the day, Case Keenum is not an NFL starting qb, albeit a reasonable backup. Way too many missed opportunities, and without todd gurley, and with all of our injuries on defense, we arent close to good enough to simply have a qb who is going to avoid mistakes at all costs, afraid to make throws. Toss in some untimely drops by our receivers and at least one terrible call by the refs that obviously cost us 3 points at the minimum, and you find a way to lose a game that we all know we should have won. No points...-01-04-2016, 02:51 AM
In what should be considered their most impressive win in the Fisher era, the Rams won their third game in a row by beating and beating up the seachickens in a tremendous 23-17 win. The Rams capitalized on 3 seachicken turnovers (one of which resulted in a defensive touchdown), didn't turn the ball over themselves, kept the penalties to a minimum, and scrounged out just enough offense to earn their first season sweep of the chickens since 2004. The Rams played their best half of the year jumping out to a 16-3 lead at the break and hung in there to avoid a collapse at the scene of so many painful prior year debacles. Frankly, i am riddled with mixed and incredibly extreme and passionate emotions at this point. On the one hand, i am so thrilled with a tremendous win over a playoff caliber team on the road in which the Rams proved once and for all that they have the talent and capability to win big games, notwithstanding...-12-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Good write up.
I think it was ugly that we accepted the penalty with the Seagulla on 4 and 10. Giving them a new (long) third down. I am pretty sure they would not have gone for it on 4 and 10.
Else great game.-12-28-2015, 02:39 AM
RamView, December 17, 2015 Game #14: Rams 31, Bucs 23 If this was the Rams' last week in St. Louis, at least they made it a heck of a week. They won for the second time in five days Thursday night and made the Bucs look like the team that could not cut the mustard. Position by position: * QB: Case Keenum (14-17-234, 2 TD, PR 158.0) managed the heck out of this game. He led the Rams to an opening drive TD throwing little but screens and swing passes. But Case did not live on small ball alone, also throwing a perfect 60-yard TD bomb to Kenny Britt later in the 1st. The Ram passing game was in good rhythm much of the game, and Keenum distributed the ball well. On the Rams' TD drive in the 2nd, he hit Tavon Austin for 13, Lance K...-12-20-2015, 04:01 AM