Let the console war rage on/begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the console war rage on/begin.

The xbox and gamecube have hit the USA. The Xbox release here in early march for 300 and the Nintendo gamecube in may for a mere 150. The Playstation 2 is already in many homes.

Who will win the war?

Which clanrammers have bought what?

Does anyone own them all and can comment on which to buy?

Does it not matter?

Are games so similar with only a few graphical tweaks that we may as well just keep our ps2's and wait for some inspiration that may shake up a stagment market? Is the X box that inspiration?
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Related Topics

Collapse

• coy bacon
    The Other Cartoons
    by coy bacon
    Dez has asked that no one post the cartoons that depict Muhammad and are offensive to some Muslims.

Anyone here have any comments on the situation? On the protests that have occured in the Mideast and Europe, and Asia?

Or, is this truely a "too-sensitive" topic?

I think people around the world are beginning to wake up and see things for how they really are.
    -02-06-2006, 06:06 PM
  • adarian_too
    Anyone notice the Eerie silence of the International Community to Hurricane Katrina?
    by adarian_too
    If there is natural disaster anywhere in the rest of the world, America is supposed to drop what it's doing and come to the aid of the less fortunate. You even have an official of the UN admonish us for not doing enough. Or not doing it soon enough.

But if a hurricane like Katrina should cripple the south, is the international community clamoring all over itself to volunteer shelter, food, rescue equipment? No. What is most conspicuous is the silence. In fact, it is more like "let the rich americans work their own problems out."

Well, we will. With no thanks to the rest of the world. And if Bush wants to nuke Iran, Syria, N Korea and the rest of the ingrates in Iraq ... well he has my blessing ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

To the poor, infirm, and elderly of south Louisana, Mississippi ... may mercy and peace come quickly.
    -08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
  • Bar-bq
    Does anyone believe Imus?
    by Bar-bq
    No doubt, the majority of you have heard or heard of Imus' percieved racial slur on Dallas' morning radio the other morn. Shoot, I even heard it all the way down here.

So my question: with his track record; does anyone belive his story? (That being that he was sarcastically satirising the foibles of the prison system in dealing with african american people).

Personally, I consider it a load of garbage. (and I can't believe I'm siding with 6-time felon PacMan Jones on this one).
    -06-25-2008, 12:23 AM
  • rNemesis
    Anyone still think we can win a game?
    by rNemesis
    ...I sure don't. I still maintain that, given what I have seen over the last month or so, we will not win a game this year. Yes, Cards and Seahawks are not very good, but as far as I'm concerned, last time I checked, they are better than us though, and we are not a very good football team right now, nor have we been for the last several years.

Why is this the case? Well, like most of you, I am still searching for the answer. All of you should know by now that bad drafting/scouting has crippled this franchise up to this point. But my burning question is this though, not ignoring this fact: How did it get THIS bad? I mean honestly, it feels and looks like this team literally lacks solid depth ALL ACROSS THE BOARD!!! How can this be possible? I mean, you wouldn't mind it if its " Oh, we desperately need help at QB and SS, but we're pretty much secure everywhere else" FOR US, its like we need help at EVERY position!!! And, if this is so, then that means that, by logic, it will take this team years to be able to say that they have a steady, stable competitive product that they can put out there.

I mean, seriously folks, the sky is literally falling in STL right now. Describing it as anything less would be a huge understatement. I just dont see how things could have turned so sour in just a few years, let alone from last year to this year. Its almost as if we did the league a huge injustice or disservice by being the GSOT, as ridiculous as it sounds. We are, by far, the worst team in the NFL right now. Anyone still think we will win a game this year? If you do, post on this thread LEGITIMATE reasons why you think we will win at least one game.

I dont even know where to start. I just dont get it. Every other team in the league, including the winless Dolphins, have been competitive in most of their games. But us? We just look like we are lost out there and dont know what our individual assignments are. And its pathetic. My Cowboy fan friend asked me if I watched the game. He was very disappointed at my answer. I said " Why should I? The game was over from the Caddy fumble."

I am trying SO hard to put together a scenario where the Rams will be competitive again. As of right now, I'll be VERY hard-pressed, and somewhat creative, if I do. Forget this season, this is as lost as the 101st dalmatian. But lets say in the offseason, that we sign a boatload of FA's and some good draft picks. I am still not convinced that that will bring W's. But we all want to see COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL, week in week out, not tired, I-give-up type of football. So far I have not yet seen it.

What really ticks me off is these guys who we draft come to our team and literally do nothing to help. Chris Long and Robert Quinn are two good examples of guys who have done little to prove to me that they were worthy of being picked so high. Jason Smith is a colossal bust,...
    -10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
  • psycho9985
    What the heck is going on?
    by psycho9985
    Maybe it's all the TV we're watching, or maybe it's our sugar-loaded diets that do it, or perhaps there's something in the water (besides killer fluoride) that's turning us all into dimwits. Whatever the reason, though - all kidding aside, it's probably a combination of the boob tube and declining education standards - there's no better indication of just how dumb we are than the warning labels found on consumer goods.

Here are a few of the more priceless examples, as gathered from a couple of different sources on the Internet. Some of these would be hilarious if they weren't so disturbing...
    • "For external use only." -- On a curling iron.
    • "Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer.
    • "Do not drive with sunshield in place." -- On a windshield-covering dashboard sunshield.
    • "Do not eat toner." -- On a toner cartridge for a laser printer.
    • "May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.
    • "Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth." -- On a novelty rock garden set.
    • "Do not use orally." -- On a toilet bowl cleaning brush.
    • "Do not use for drying pets." -- In the manual for a microwave oven.
    • "Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller.
    • "Do not iron clothes on body." -- On packaging for an iron.
    • "Wearing this garment does not enable you to fly." -- On a kid-sized Superman costume.
    • "May be harmful if swallowed." -- On a hammer.
    • "Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand." -- In the manual for a chainsaw.
    • "Do not use orally after using rectally." -- In the instructions for an electric thermometer.
    • "Not to be used as a personal flotation device." -- On a 6" x 10" inflatable picture frame.
    • "Do not put in mouth." -- On a box of bottle rockets.
    • "Do not use as an ice cream topping." - On a bottle of hair coloring agent.
    Funny, huh? But does this mean someone actually stuck a curling iron where the sun doesn't shine? Or tried to use hair coloring as ice cream topping? Or folded up their baby in the stroller? Or thought their superhero costume granted them the power of flight? Sadly, it probably does.

These warnings paint the sad picture of two distressing trends in America: First, and already mentioned, is our steady migration toward a condition of intellectual vapidity. Second is our growing tendency to sue others for our own stupidity. That's the fundamental reason these labels exist - to keep people from being able to cash in on their lack of common sense.

This underscores an even greater problem that's contributing to the deterioration of the America we know: The tendency of our court system to hold the individual blameless, no matter how asinine his or her conduct. Nowadays, it's the product's fault for not having a warning against every irrational or ridiculous...
    -09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Working...
X