Do you have any phobias?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any phobias?

What fears do you have that are irrational or illogical?(don't tell us that you're afraid to swim with Great White Sharks will a leg wound, for example)

I used to have an irrational fear of lightning. It used to freak me out even if I was in a car or house. It originated with a childhood incident when I as at a little league practice and, while I was in the on-deck circle, lightning hit the backstop. I've since gotten over it.

I also once had an extreme fear of public speaking, which I got over (can't do what I do for a living if you are unwilling to speak in public).

Not sure that I have any true phobias today, though I really don't like to be in large crowds of people.

Re: Do you have any phobias?

Dogs and Heights, have no explination for either.

Comment

Fear that my direct tv signal will die during a rams game. it happened during the first quarter of the rams seattle home game in 2004, it was out an entire quarter.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Phobiphobia - the fear of fear!

Seriously, the only two biggies are that I will accidently hurt a kid while I am driving, and I don't do too well with water...the swimming kind. I float like a rock.
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

Sam, is the fear of the water a new thing? I thought that they called you the Mark Spitz of missouri when you were in high school.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
            Sam, is the fear of the water a new thing? I thought that they called you the Mark Spitz of missouri when you were in high school.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            Who ever gave you that idea? Really, I can't swim a stroke. My son swims like a fish, my father used to swim like a fish....I swim like a rock.
            temp_4394_1467243487543_20
            RAMS!

Comment

I used to be afraid of the telephone when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pang
                I used to be afraid of the telephone when I was a kid.
                RING RING!!!!!

Sorry, just checking to make sure you were over that.

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  No, I think his nickname was "Spit Marks" (some sort of tobacco reference, I'd wager)

Comment

Spiders...I can't stand them.

I'm also afraid of heights.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanSam
                      I float like a rock.
                      I'm sorry man but that cracked me up. I like that.

My fears, Snakes, spiders, death, the ocean. Damn you would not catch me out there in the middle of no where on a boat floating above 5mile deep watter.

Comment

Mine is ants cuz they don't come one at a time. They bring every fricken bro, sis, mom, dad, friend, acquaintance including Ms. Queen..... The reason is as a young child my parents kept the sweets up top in our kitchen cupboard. One morning I crawled up there, opening and stepping up one drawer at a time to get to the counter and reach for the goodies. Well our whole counter had ants all over them and they were crawling all over me as I was going for the goodies and I'll never forget that. It totally freaked me out.

I will save a spider, but any ant that comes my way is dead!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, let me see......

Heights
                          Depths
                          Spiders
                          Snakes
                          Tornadoes
                          Lightning
                          Large crowds
                          Cramped spaces....

Basically, my own stinking shadow.....LOL
                          sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

Comment

heights, all natural disasters and the rams losing.

Comment

Can not stand being in small places including not shutting doors in rooms and yes bathrooms. Thank god I get my own thrown

Large crowds--Christmas shopping sucks!

People I don't know touching me. Doctors, dentists and haircut appointments are a bear for me. I get the sweats and my blood pressure is through the roof.

Comment