Make up your own saying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up your own saying

Ok I'll start out. All you do is just make up your own saying...

Mine: if someone is irritating you, you say "Your like a bugar in my nose" - They irratate me. your turn

Re: Make up your own saying

When I was a kid, and my brother or sister would say something that I thought was dumb, I'd tell them they were "talking dog vomit." Not exactly subtle, but descriptive.

Comment

Here is one that my brother always said when someone did something retarded.

"Smooth move exlax"
      It is stupid funny.
      sigpic

Comment

This thread will last as long as a fart in a whirlwind.

Sorry, I know my sense of humor is as dry as a popcorn fart. Once I am awake, we'll be *****ing in tall cotton, though.
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

*LOL* funny you bring this up. I am known for my stupid made up lines/names.

When people do something out of the ordinary they are "putz's"

My daughter and I us the term "burk" for our swear word.

Favorite saying:
          -That will go over like a fart in church

Comment

When someone would do something stupid at work, I would get on the soapbox and preach to them as to how their actions could be detrimental to their well-being, one of my supervisors would yell, "Welcome to the Church of Tawn!" and start laughing hysterically. So now I use it.

If I had to come up with one on the fly, it might be something like..............oh, I dunno............

"Major Idiot-o Mr. Robot-o!"
            sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

Comment

My office is filled with an abundance of high-octane male egos. Sometimes, these egos can back up their testosterone filled boasts, but other times they can't. It's these "can't" times that will provoke someone to say...."His battleship mouth outran his rowboat a**"
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

A serious one, which I like, and believe is original:

"Those who command respect, need never demand respect."

Comment

I once worked in a fine group of engineers who treated each other as a team of friends, even when times were stressful. We picked up a new guy from another department where a lot of backstabbing went on. One month in, he thought he was in heaven, and really appreciated the comradary and humor we all brought to the table.

During a group meeting he went out of his way to express his thanks for being in our group. I interruped his heart felt oration by saying, "Greg, nothing says thank you like a box of donuts!"

He looked at me a but stunned and perplexed, then everyone errupted in laughter. Next week he brought in 2 boxes of donuts.

Comment

I don't know if this qualifies as a saying, but here goes:

About twelve years ago, I was attending an HP training seminar. Finally lunch arrived. It was your typical business box sandwich lunch, and bottled and canned beverages, Coca-Cola, Diet Pepsi, Bottled Water and several varieties of Snapple, which at that time was kind of "in." Snapple, of course is known for a wide range of flavors. I think they started the whole Kiwi-Strawberry thing. A couple of the guys ahead of me were grabbing their share, and one asked the other, do you want one of these? And the fellow replied, "No, I don't want a cheese Snapple!" This struck me as very funny, as comcomitant with the Snapple craze has been the tendencies to make "cheese" versions of EVERYTHING. A cheese flaored Snapple was gross, but not beyond imagination.

So, when I want to state that something is too ornamental or overdone, I ask for it, whatever it is ... "with cheese."

When we moved from Connecticut to Rockford, the first sign we saw after crossing the border was the Steak & Shake sign. On the marquee (all mid-western stores have marquees) it stated

Beef
                    WITH CHEESE
                    $2.59

I knew we were in the right place.

Comment

"All work and no play makes Jack a very rich boy."

Comment

One thing that a friend of mine says to mean or ugly girls is "anyone ever told u that u have kind hair?" she will usually thank him and then he says "the kind that grows on a horses behind"
                        Stupid but funny to get the angry reaction it always warrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce=GOAT
                          One thing that a friend of mine says to mean or ugly girls is "anyone ever told u that u have kind hair?" she will usually thank him and then he says "the kind that grows on a horses behind"
                          Stupid but funny to get the angry reaction it always warrants.
                          haha thats treat... And at our school the new saying is "Yoru mom" Like ... "What did you eat last night?" "Your mom!"

Its dumb.!

Comment

Playing baseball: You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat.

I like to say that when I'm drinking Cousins Charlie's chunky chili cheese beer.
                            Last edited by ; -03-16-2006, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho9985
                              Playing base ball: You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat.

I like to say that when I'm drinking Cousins Charlie's chunky chili cheese beer.
                              What the heck is Cousin Charlie's Chunky Chilli Cheese beer? It doesn't even sound healthy. I'd hate to be the stool after that. Dang!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                Important Doctor Advice
                                by RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                I Love this DOCTOR!!!!

HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't waste them on exercise . Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: You're not listening.... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for...
                                -04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
                              • RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                How smart is your right foot?
                                by RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                You have to try this, it really works. This only takes 2 seconds...
                                How Smart Is Your Right Foot? This is so funny that it will boggle your mind. And you will keep trying it at least 50 more times to see if you can outsmart your foot. But you can't.

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change directions.

I told you so...And there is nothing you can do about it.
                                -03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
                              • HUbison
                                Men, don't tick off your wife!
                                by HUbison
                                Here's an article out of Philadelphia relaying a domestic incident. Here's a snippet... I don't know about you guys, but I'll be sleeping with one eye open from now on....
                                -05-19-2006, 09:52 AM
                              • psycho9985
                                Have you ever.....
                                by psycho9985
                                Rammed your shin into a ball hitch while your loading somthing heavy into the back of a pickup.

Happened to me AGAIN today.Man I was ready to fight.

I'm going to push for a law that will give you a ticket for leaving your ball hitch in when your not towing somthing.:frown:
                                -03-22-2006, 07:47 PM
                              • RamDez
                                A Parable on "Home Security"
                                by RamDez
                                by Barry Waller

Let's say you like to eat on your patio, but always get bothered by some bees. You try to ignore them, even though you hate them, and smash the ones you can that land on the patio, and maybe even spray the ones in your yard with poison.

Then, one day, a dozen bees are in the yard, and your little girl gets stung, and she is alergic to bee stings and dies. You realize that the danger is greater than you thought, so you start a posse to go looking for the source of the bees. You are about to give up, because you can't find their hive, then remember this guy a few miles away that keeps bees, a guy you don't like, and a guy who has had some local problems from next door neighbors who are freaked out at having all those bees so close.

The keeper assures you that his bees do not stray far from his hives, so they couldn't be the ones bugging him and stinging his kid. He explains how this group of bees are not big enough swarms to range very far, as they would leave their home unprotected, and also explains that the bees you describe, are not even the same breed as his.

That doesn't matter though, because you are still pissed off and in the mood for revenge, full of the feeling that you at least tried to do something so it would, never, ever happen again. Besides, a bee is a bee, right, and they all have stingers, and a history of using them on humans.

So you pick up a long stick and start whacking the hives, and spraying as many of the swarm that emerge, though you know thousands will escape the demolished hives, and head out to look for a new place to live, in a highly agitated state at the loss of their homes, and their brothers and sisters.

Some of the bees even sting the beekeeper and his family, as well as his neighbors as they flee in panic. A few people are injured and suffer reactions themselves from the bee stings, or the poison spray that also kills a few birds and beneficial insects before it dissipates into the atmosphere, later returning as poisoned rain to do some further damage.

The hives are destroyed, so the bee keeper has no living, and also, no one can get any honey, causing the local price to skyrocket, because everyone there loves honey, and can't do without it. When you get back home, you discover that a pipe burst in the bathroom and caused a few thousand dollars worth of damage while you were busy chasing bees. You also find that your friends are really upset at you for causing the honey prices to go up, as well as for the people they knew nearby who had gotten stung, when they hadn't had trouble from bees before. You don't even mind that, because now THEY also know the danger that bees can cause.

Later, you find that there was a small hive of wild bees under the deck all the time, but by the time you do, those bees are long gone or dead. You don't dare ever tell anyone about that, and even say...
                                -09-15-2004, 11:14 AM
                              Working...
                              X