Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Political?

RamWraith and All in general,

RW, I am posting this openly as I am really not trying to flame you for it. You made a judgement call on what you thought was right, whether I agree or not has nothing to do with it.

That being said, I think that in the general forum, a post asking for signatures to help persuede our government to consider putting poverty and AIDS victims on our agenda is not "too much political".

Please don't get me wrong, I am not a drum beater for every cause that comes along. I just happened to see this as a ad on my mailers web page. First ad like that I have EVER clicked on cause it was interesting.

The more I read about it, especially the fact that it wasn't asking for a dime out of my pocket, but asking for a signature to try to get a dollar of my tax money sent to help, the more it was easy for me.

This wasn't a REP vs. DEM or LIB vs Greenies debate. I didn't care if anyone posted back. It was more an informational thing. Maybe ten people saw it before it was deleted, but maybe one went and clicked. That was all I was after. I wouldn't have clicked if I didn't see it.

Now, I am not going to rant about censorship or anything. I just think the trigger was a little hastily pulled in this instance.
    This space for rent...

Re: Too Political?

Wow. I guess I need to go back and read the forum rules. They must have changes since General came into life as I remember heated debates where people stated their opinion.

All I did was post a link with some general ideas of what you would find there.
    This space for rent...

Comment

Don't be silly. Politcs or religion are not discussed at the clan in any form. We can't handle it here.
      We only discuss the Rams, football and sports in general:<>

There are other boards on the net if you want to talk about something else.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thoey
        I guess I need to go back and read the forum rules.
        You don't even need to look as far as the rules. Just check the top of the forum:

"No politics or religion in this or any ClanRam forum"

This has nothing to do with the worthiness of the cause, but the bottom line is the site IS politically motivated. I should know, because I contributed to it, and am still waiting for my wristband. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I'm not sure if Utter was being silly or serious, but there was a time when political discussions were allowed in this forum. But due to the way some of those discussions took place, it was decided they would no longer be allowed. I hope that clears things up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
          I hope that clears things up for you.
          Crystal...
          This space for rent...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• NJ Ramsfan1
            Decorum on the Forum
            by NJ Ramsfan1
            When I joined this forum a year ago, I anticipated talking with a lot of knowledgable fellow Rams fans and have not been disappointed. The conversations have been good ones and many times thought provoking. But the one peeve I have is that there are a few on board who seem to delight in arguing even the most benign observations, offer sarcastic responses or generally try to draw the ire of the poster. I think it's unnecessary and detracts from the Forum.

I'm certainly not talking about challenging someone's opinion- which is the way we generate discussion, offer viewpoints and talk over an issue. It's the picking apart of every word a person says and the intolerance shown by some in making their own point on an issue. Some of those who use the buzz phrases about "having patience", "being positive", "showing your loyalty", etc. also seem to feel that the best way to get their message across is to try to make the other person feel like an idiot.

Everyone on this forum has varying degrees of knowledge about the Rams- some more than others, depending on age, experience, etc. No one needs to be beaten over the head with an "I have more knowledge than you" post in tone, if not actual words.

I am one of many on the board whose opinions are occassionally rejected- which is fine if the criticisms are fair. I have occassionally used frustration in responding to someone I thought missed the boat completely- which is wrong. I include myself when I say that a better overall effort must be made to respond in kind to posts we don't necessarily agree with.

I think the losing has gotten to many of us.
            -12-05-2009, 07:22 AM
          • RamsInfiniti
            What is going on here?
            by RamsInfiniti
            That's the question I have to ask ...

ClanRam is EASILY the greatest Rams forum on the internets today. Take a minute, go visit some of the other forums out there, and it won't take you long to realize this ...

I have paid my dues, I do every year, and I am a premium member here. I love supporting this site. I have had my issues with some folks here, some prominent folks through the times, and despite that, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here ...

This board has great members, some very intelligent Rams fans, and I have loved discussing football with many of you from day one ...

But what in the world has happened to the quality of the posts here lately? I don't know if it is all the new members, if the newer members are afraid to express their opinions, or what it is. But I am seeing more one-liners than ever, more repeat posts and topics than ever, more one sided discussions that ever ...

It's seems to be a great time to be a Rams fan, but something just doesn't seem right around here. I cannot seem to pinpoint it, and maybe I am the only one, but I've found these forums very hard to read over the past couple of weeks. Maybe my comfort level is down because I am seeing so many new faces, but it seems like I am having to pick through alot of jibberish to find the posts that I really want to read and see ...

I am just wondering if it's only me, or if others are feeling the same way. During this great offseason, one of the best we've had in a decade, I would really like to be jumping for joy and sharing this with others, but for some reason something seems off ....

Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe I am just nuts ...
            -03-12-2009, 09:45 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            The Post-Dispatch's "Ram Talk" Forum Represents the Worst of Rams "Fans"
            by AvengerRam_old
            Like many of you, I venture over to the PD site on a fairly regular basis for Rams news.

Like some of you, I occasionally make the mistake of opening a thread or two on the "Rams Talk" forum.

Good Lord... those people are more full of crap than a broken porta-potty at a chili cookoff during a dysentery outbreak. The majority of them have no business calling themselves Rams fans at all.

I guess the best use of that forum is to show what real non-fans are like. Sure, we have our spats around here among the rose-colored glasses wearing optimists and the Chicken Little naysayers from time to time, but even the most extreme regulars here are mild salsa compared to the flaming vat of Tobasco over at the PD.

I'm not going to dignify any particular poster by naming him or her, but suffice to say there is an overwhelming majority of knee-jerk howler monkeys there who do little but scream about the Rams' problems while, at the same time, taking apparent joy in the vindication of their prior prognstications of doom. In the aggregate, their opinion seems to be that everyone on the team should be fired, cut or thrown into a pool of hungry sea bass outfitted with laser beams (and yes, they are ill-tempered).

Does any of this matter? I guess, in the grand scheme of things, the answer is "no." However, I will say this... given the PD's status as the Rams' primary home city news source, the presence of these morons does not reflect well on the team as a whole. We might not be the fan base of the Chicago Cubs, but there is a loyal, if long-suffering, core of Rams fans who prefer to at least be constructive in addressing the current state of affairs.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the "Rams Talk" forum should be shut down entirely. It is an unnecessary blemish that negatively impacts the image of all Rams fans.

Get rid of it, PD!
            -10-26-2011, 02:45 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            The Post-Dispatch's "Ram Talk" Forum Represents the Worst of Rams "Fans"
            by AvengerRam_old
            Like many of you, I venture over to the PD site on a fairly regular basis for Rams news. Like some of you, I occasionally make the mistake of opening a thread or two on the "Rams Talk" forum. Good Lord... those people are more full of crap than a broken porta-potty at a chili cookoff during a dysentery outbreak. The majority of them have no business calling themselves Rams fans at all. I guess the best use of that forum is to show what real non-fans are like. Sure, we have our spats around here...
            -10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
          • txramsfan
            For the young crowd
            by txramsfan
            We've noticed that we've had an influx of younger posters recently and thought that if we gave you guys your own area to post in and "cut your teeth" so to speak, that it may help when you venture out to the other areas.

Please feel free to talk about the Rams or anything else you wish (except politics and religion) and use this forum for your own growth ok?

Have fun....tx
            -06-02-2006, 04:26 PM
          Working...
          X