Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Another teams jersey?

Deciding on a team to support is like getting married.

You should maintain fidelity. Supporting another team by wearing their apparel is like cheating on your wife. Abandoning your team through the tough times is like leaving your wife because she has cancer.

You put your support behind a team for a variety of reasons and those reasons should be strong enough for you to remain loyal to the team.

Jumping from team to team is called "jumping on the bandwagon". People that jump from team to team to team are wishy-washy.

I recently went to the Hall of Fame game in Canton and I was pulling for the Raiders to win the game. What jersey did I wear? A Rams jersey that I had personalized by the NFL shop back in 2000.

I wear a Rams jersey to all NFL games that I attend. I get asked "Aren't you at the wrong stadium?" "Yes, I am, I'd rather be at a Rams game!" I am a lifetime Rams fan and will remain so.

I will not presume to judge those that own other team's jerseys. Each person must evaluate theirself to see what is right for them.

Leave a comment:

• LA Rammer
    replied

1. Rams apparel only NFL
    2. Angels apparel only MLB
    3. Lakers apparel only NBA
    4. Kings apparel only NHL

No Raiders, No Dodgers, No Clippers, No Ducks! No No other teams. I'm a homer, any questions?
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -08-18-2006, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ramsanddodgers
    replied

<<So you jumped on an empty bandwagon... >>
    VERY NICE, Ram_Bo, verrrrrry nice....

RnD
    GO RAMS!!

Leave a comment:

• rams_fan81
    replied

I am sorry to say that I have a Micheal Vick jersey, but I haven't worn it ion about 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• RAM-BO
    replied

Originally posted by UtterBlitz
    Sorry Wraith, but the Rams are not the first NFL team that I have supported. I can't even claim that I jumped on the bandwagon. I missed out on the whole Kurt Warner scene and the Super Bowl win.
    So you jumped on an empty bandwagon... :|

Leave a comment:

• ramsanddodgers
    replied

Originally posted by THEFIELDGOAL
    Die hard fans only stick with their own teams. I only wear the Rams colors.
    I love Kurt Warner but would wear his Rams related items- Team pride rules.!!
    I wear team logos but have never worn an item with a specific person identified.

Same goes for the Dodgers.. I wear team logos but not specific player(s)

I own a Warner/Rams jersey, but it is a momento only.

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Die hard fans only stick with their own teams. I only wear the Rams colors.
    I love Kurt Warner but would wear his Rams related items- Team pride rules.!!

Leave a comment:

• RAMMAN68
    replied

In this day of free agency, I'm not big on buying/ wearing jerseys. I already have a few in retirement that will not be worn anymore. I plan on framing my Warner jersey. I have a SJ jersey that I received as a gift, but that's the only current player jersey I own. Besides, I find them rather uncomfortable to wear.

Leave a comment:

• tomahawk247
    replied

when i was just starting to watch NFL properly i might have done, but nowdays no chance

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by HUbison
    Anna Kournikova and I have a love-child together.........does that count?

yes and you are now my hero.

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied

Originally posted by jk
    if you "somewhat" know a player, what the hell does that mean ?
    Anna Kournikova and I have a love-child together.........does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Varg6
    replied

Originally posted by Nick
    I wouldn't buy or wear the apparel of another professional team or player. Only the Rams.
    Thank you, Nick. I don't think there is a real need of an explanation on that either!

Leave a comment:

• Goldenfleece
    replied

I don't think it's such a big deal if you support another player just as long as you're wearing the right jersey on game day. I mean unless the player is in the same division, we won't be directly competing against them often. Like in the example of Matt Jones that was mentioned, we may only face the Jaguars once in four years unless both teams make it to the Super Bowl. Division rivals are another story. I suppose maybe you could make an exception for someone like Tidwell because the jersey is more a statement of support for the troops than it is support for a particular team. At least that's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see one.

So to answer the question, no I don't wear any other teams' gear, but neither am I totally opposed to the idea.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

if your related-i will leave that one up to the panel,if you "somewhat" know a player, what the hell does that mean ?

did he live in the same town as you ?
    did he go to the same college as you ?
    did he date your sister ?

i once sat back to back with isaac bruce in a restaurant and spoke to him a couple of minutes,but i dont claim to somewhat know him.

of course i am only kidding with you(although i did sit that close to ike) if you know someone personally then i guess it might be ok,but only in his presence.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I mean also what if you are actually related or somewhat know the player on the other team? IE matt jones.

Leave a comment: