I recommend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recommend...

I recommend the movie Cold Mountain, it was awesome. I went in not sure what I was seeing and thought it was something else. I was so glad I saw it. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time, maybe because it was a life ending, not a fairytale.
    Another great one is the Terminal. Tom Hanks has to be one of the best actors of our day.
    Definately liked Shrek 2. Took the kids, thought it was for THEM, and I laughed all the way through.

Re: I recommend...

What was Cold Mountain about? Haven't heard of that one...
    This space for rent...

Comment

thoey??

Cold Mountain was up for Best Picture last year *LOL*. Proabally would of won if not for LOTR.

Comment

Cold Mountain...

Isn't that the story of the establishment of the Coors company?

Comment

nope but I think its the Cold Mountain that the GG site will nead to climb to get out of that hole they are in ;)

Comment

ok...you all crack me up. It is not the beginnings of Coors..lol..

I was bored and all by myself and decided last minute to see a movie, Cold Mountain had been going about 5 mins, but it was the only thing that looked good at the $2 dollar show, so in I went. I saw war scenes so graphic and bloody,I wasnt sure if I had the right movie. Basically the movie was a recap of the lives of people from cold mountain and what happened to them. The two people the movie was about were a woman and a man who met and thought they might be in love and then he goes to war. 5 years apart and terrible life struggles are recounted and they reunite only to have him die. It is for sale now and I recommend buying it. I am!
            Last edited by 28rulz; -06-30-2004, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• A-Web
              Seen any good Movies Lately?
              by A-Web
              I am a movie buff, and usually don't miss much, but it seems I am getting behind this past week or two. I've seen some good prospects come into theaters, and haven't gotten around to any of them yet.

Has anybody seen any of the following? I am just looking to see whether you think it's worth the money/time to go see it in theater versus waiting for DvD;

-Gran Tourino
              -Taken
              -Push
              -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Those are the ones I'm interested in that I haven't seen. I've pretty much seen everything else that's in theaters at this point. I don't miss much. Whether it be Horror, Action, Fantasy or otherwise, I watch em all.

-He's Just Not That Into You - is another in the lineup, considering it looks pretty comically entertaining at least. Some good jokes look lined up in that one.
              -02-08-2009, 06:35 AM
            • r8rh8rmike
              The Sopranos Ending
              by r8rh8rmike
              A lot of discussion, a lot of anger. If you saw it, what did you think about it?
              -06-11-2007, 06:07 PM
            • RamWraith
              Watchman
              by RamWraith
              I have never got up and walked out of a movie...until now.

After 2 hour and 10 minutes, I couldn't bear sitting through another 30 minutes of slow self indulged banter. I am a huge comic book super hero fan, but this movie gives great movies like Spiderman a bad name.

This was one the slowest movies I have ever watched. Absolutely no substance to hold the viewer. I never read the graphic novel, and I was thinking and hoping I was going to see a action packed, crime fighting team with lots of cool powers. Come to find out it was about a bunch of geriatric, egocentric, self loathing retired vigilantes that have more built up sexual tensions than a teen age boy.

I have hated 2 movies that I have seen in the theater in my life. The Verdict and now this one. Save your $10.00 and buy your kid an easter egg.
              -03-08-2009, 08:09 AM
            • RamsFan16
              Lord of War
              by RamsFan16
              I saw this movie the other night. I liked actually loved the movie and my parents didn't because they thought it was going to be an action movie. But it was an action/documentary movie. Based on true events and all. I liked the movie. Did you guy see it and if so did you like it at all?
              -02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
            • RamWraith
              Yes...movies!!!
              by RamWraith
              We now have a movie forum...thanks Dez.

Now I can talk about how great the movie Lord of the Rings was. Can't wait for the next 2 movies!!
              -03-26-2002, 10:46 AM
            Working...
            X