NFL London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL London

Hey there, im new to these forums, tho i have been a rams fan for over 8 years, and coming from ireland thats a fair while I was just wondering if there was any Rams fans going over to the NFL London game, im not expecting there would be but you never do know. Anyway its great to finally find a Rams forum, ill try to weigh in on some disscussions soon enough.

:lGO RAMS:l!!!!!!!!!

Re: NFL London

Plenty of Ram fans here in the UK and around Europe on this forum

And have a look around, there is a thread going on re the NFL game in London as well

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
      I'm not sure if I could support the London Rams.
      by AvengerRam_old
      The NFL announced today that it will increase the number of games played in London next year.

Some have suggested that the league wishes to have a team in London one day.

The Rams have an owner who also owns a sports franchise in London.

While I don't really think it will happen, let me say right now for the record: a move to London might be the only thing I can imagine that would cause me to cease being a Rams fan.

I am that opposed to having a full-time NFL franchise in London.

Frankly, I can't think of any good argument for having an NFL franchise in London (apart from the potential financial benefits to the league, which I don't care about). In terms of tradition, logistics (distance and time zone), the benefit of regional rivalries, and desireability for players, it is an absolutely horrible idea.

So, while I will support the Rams in St. Louis, Los Angeles, or any place in between, I don't ever want to hear about the London Rams.
      -11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
    • TorontoRam
      Reflections from London
      by TorontoRam
      I'm sure there have been posts about the advantages and disadvantages of the Rams playing a 'home game' in London, England. And, I'm sure I'd agree with most of them. However, Mrs. TorontoRam and some of our family and friends attended the game at Wembley and the surrounding festivities in Trafalgar Square and the 'Tailgate' at Wembley prior to the game. A few brief reflections:
      • The NFL, Rams, and Patriots had the events, including the game very well organized and kudos to all including and especially Kevin Demoff and his staff
      • The fans, many of whom were not necessarily Rams or Patriots fans but NFL fans (stands looked like a montage of NFL jerseys) were well behaved and obviously enjoyed the game (no hooliganism)
      • The staff at Wembley have their act together big time. No parking and 85,000 people to access and egress the venue. London bobbies on horseback provided crowd control as fans left the stadium, allowing about 1,000 per train to enter the Tube as each train arrived and after each train departed

All in all it was a great event for the NFL and both teams although a disappointing outcome for the Rams.
      After the game we went back to our hotel in London and watched Eli and the Giants carve up the Cowboys when it counted, which made our hearts leap with joy and gave us at least some consolation.
      TorontoRam
      -10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
    • RamDez
      Sitting here on the 50 yard line in london
      by RamDez
      I have Never seen the Rams play so bad. Pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
      -10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
    • FilthyMcNasty
      NFL London 2011
      by FilthyMcNasty
      Chicago Bears @ London Buccaneers, any Rams fans going to the UK game this year?

I've had a late rethink and decided to go, wonder if any UK Rams fancied a micro-bash.
      -10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
    • The Special One
      Hey Y'all from London!
      by The Special One
      Hey guys,

I've noticed already there are a lot of Ram fans from the UK on these boards. I've posted quite a few times already, so this is a bit of a late intro.

I was at the London NFL game last year (Giants-Dolphins), and it was a fantastic experience.

I hope the rams can bouce back after the terrible season we had last year, and make a run at taking the division title off Seattle.

As always...Go Rams! :l
      -04-10-2008, 10:31 AM
    Working...
    X