Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best game you have ever seen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best game you have ever seen.

Just though i would like to ask. Regardless of sport, what is the best sports game you have ever watched.

Mine would have to be during the 2006 world cup semi finals. Watching the Italian national team just be in a deadlock with Germany the whole game then just unleash two scores on them in stoppage time, not to mention one from my all time favorite player Del Piero. Was the most exciting time I have ever spent watching a sports game. Not to mention that Italy won the world cup that year

Re: What is the best game you have ever seen.

Honestly i dont know if I'm saying this because I'm a Ram fan or not but I think Id have to say it was the superbowl between the Rams and Titans... Man what a game that no one totally dominated and came up until the last drive, the last pass the last couple of yards... Ive seen some games come down to the last minute but not like that with so much on the line...

Comment

In 1978, Three Rivers Community College defeated Western Texas in the semifinals of the NJCAA Basketball Tournament in double overtime. Western Texas at the time was coached by Nolan Richardson, who went on to win a NCAA title at Arkansas. The Western Texas team also had an eventual pro player named Paul Pressey on the team. Three Rivers went on to win the Championship the next evening 60-58 over Mercer CC of New Jersey.

Comment

2003 Rugby World Cup final - England beat Australia in Australia 20 - 17 after extra time. It's not very often that England win a world cup in any sport so it was special. I just wish I'd have been a bit older and could have celebrated in real style.

Comment

1990-1994 not sure, I was a BILLs fan and stationed in Korea. 3am I got up to watch the Houston Oilers beat the crap out of my Bills in the 1rst half. 2nd half Frank Riech led the best comeback Iv ever seen anywhere.

Comment

I'm not sure if I ever enjoyed a game more than the Rams/Niners game in Week 4 of 1999. That was the game when I went from "this is a nice start, but..." to "HEY, THESE GUYS ARE FOR REAL!"

Comment

It's a very close call for me between the 1999 NFC Championship (the catch) game vs. the Bucs or the Superbowl (the tackle) vs the Titans. I guess because the Superbowl was for the Vince Lombardi Trophy I'll go with that one.
              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by dave626 View Post
                1990-1994 not sure, I was a BILLs fan and stationed in Korea. 3am I got up to watch the Houston Oilers beat the crap out of my Bills in the 1rst half. 2nd half Frank Riech led the best comeback Iv ever seen anywhere.
                That was a incredible game i remember watching that game when i was young...

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                I'm not sure if I ever enjoyed a game more than the Rams/Niners game in Week 4 of 1999. That was the game when I went from "this is a nice start, but..." to "HEY, THESE GUYS ARE FOR REAL!"
                That was a good game, the game we eneded the 10 year dominance of the Whiners over us.. Was nice

Comment

2006 #1 OSU v #2 Michigan. In the stands for that one. Couldn't hear my friend standing right next to me. Unbelievable game. I don't think any game will ever top it for me.

Michigan – Ohio State football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 01d 0rd3r
                    World Cup time
                    by 01d 0rd3r
                    As everyone knows it is world cup time, which mean that one of the biggest sporting events in the world will be going on for the next month. So I am interested, if you watch the World Cup what country to you want to win. I have been an Italian fan since I was little, and look forward to a repeat by the Azzuri. What team is everyone else watching.
                    -06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
                  • r8rh8rmike
                    What Are Your Most Painful Sports Loses?
                    by r8rh8rmike
                    What Sports losses really made you want to cry? Here are a few of mine:

Rams loss to New England in SB 36. This one dominates like no other because of the way that loss went down, the finality of the field goal after an amazing comeback, and the fact that I was there, trapped among Patriot fans with zero ticks on the clock. Talk about a “want to get away” moment.

L.A. Kings 1993 Stanley Cup Final Game 2 loss to the Montreal Canadiens. After years of mediocre teams, then the excitement of getting Gretzky, then finally making it to the Stanley Cup Final after an epic playoff run, then winning the first game, to leading the second game with only a few minutes left, to the absolutely devastating illegal stick penalty on McSorley that led to an overtime loss and ultimately a series loss. Like a cross-check to the gut.

USA loss to Russia in the ’72 Olympic Basketball Gold Medal game. Not only because it was the first loss by any U.S. team in Olympic basketball competition, but because it was a travesty of justice as a politically motivated act against the American team. International Olympic officials coming onto the court after a legitimate victory and ordering a series of redo’s until the Russians won, was shameful. The Russians still have our Golds and the IOC still has THEIR Silvers (that we refused to accept).
                    -06-13-2005, 09:38 PM
                  • txramsfan
                    Great Expectations of U.S. Soccer
                    by txramsfan
                    Great expectations of U.S. soccer
                    Sean Wheelock / Fox Soccer Channel

For those of us who began avidly following the United States before 1990, Wednesday's 2-1 victory away to Trinidad & Tobago seems like something of a dream.

It wasn't just that the U.S. won their opening match in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualification, it's that they did it with such poise, confidence, and relative ease, in a pretty difficult place to gain a result.

Now, I'm not kidding myself into thinking that beating Trinidad & Tobago in Port of Spain is like defeating France in Paris or Brazil in Sao Paulo, but a win away from home in CONCACAF is a quality win. And until relatively recently, they didn't happen all that often for the U.S.

Last week, I interviewed Bob Gansler about America's victory vs. Trinidad & Tobago, which resulted in qualification for the 1990 World Cup. The U.S. of course was not supposed to win that match, or even come close to giving the Soca Boyz an actual challenge.

At the time it ranked as this country's biggest win in international soccer since the 1-0 defeat of England at the 1950 World Cup. Now, not even a generation later, I am going to treat a 2-1 victory in Port of Spain as, dare I write this, expected. Has American soccer really come that far?

I'm actually bracing myself for the columns and comments of the soccer media who will proclaim that the U.S. wasn't dominant enough in that match; that the scoreline should have been more decisive. Perhaps they should be reminded of the years 1951 through 1988 when wins, home or away, were neither plentiful nor expected.

As the United States closes in on a fifth consecutive World Cup appearance, it's important to consider a time not that long ago, when even one trip to soccer's biggest event would have been regarded as a miracle. In fact, the berth in Italia 1990 was considered just that. Now a place in Germany 2006 is not only expected, it's demanded.

As I watched the match develop from Port of Spain, I could scarcely believe how comfortable and dominant the U.S. squad looked. I had to continually remind myself that Trinidad & Tobago is a very solid squad, with a Premiership goalkeeper, Shaka Hislop of Portsmouth; a defender who starts for Rangers, Marvin Andrews; and two of the best strikers to come out of CONCACAF in the past 20 years, Dwight Yorke and Stern John.

I also had to remind myself that Queen's Park Oval in Port of Spain is a very difficult place for an away side to play, as they have to contend with passionate supporters, sweltering temperatures and a pitch, used predominately for cricket, that is both massive, and well, not exactly of the highest standard. Yet, here was the U.S., dominating the match, and looking very much the favorites.

The United States is now into its fourth year unbeaten...
                    -02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
                  • Marshall1
                    Your best sport memory
                    by Marshall1
                    I will never forget this game, November 1987. We were playing Carthage NY. Game time weather was nice clear day37 degrees. I was a safty. First quarter they tried to pass the defense tightened up, they scored no problem. Second quarter hmmm weather is moving in, temp dropped like a rock 20 degrees now rain. Hmmm not to bad stop them from passing, they went to a balanced attack, Bill Barlow Carthage running back, 6'3" 245lbs, me 5'7" 145, not scared of him just getting tired of him hitting me. Sleet began great no more passing, all day long Barlow, all damn day long, game tied at half time. We live up in the mountain in NY snow is our freind.
                    Come out of locker room 2" of snow on the ground, we turn around and put longer cleets on our feet, now we are ready. Game was tied at 7 a peice and the snow became a BLIZZARD, we had our twelth player, no more passing it's all running myself and Jim Strack out other safty were blitzing ever play we were unstoppable. I had sacked the QB and knocked the ball out of his hands, our Defenseive end Eric Westerfeild 6'3" 260 lbs oh ya he was our running back (coaches in Albany U) picked up the ball for a TD. I ended the game with 12 tackles and 2 sacks. One of the only games I really remember quarter by quarter, hit by hit.

What a great game :ramlogo:
                    -02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
                  • Wolf
                    Best and worse win for you to take as a fan?
                    by Wolf
                    As fans we all go through highs and lows with our Rams...just curious as to what the best and worse one was for everyone.

Best: For me...it was when we swept the Seahawks 3-0 that year. It was the first game, and we were getting killed in the fourth and we generated a comeback and Shaun McDonald makes the game winning catch. It seemed like after that, the Seahawks couldn't rebound that season and stay focused.

Worse: The Panthers playoff game. Watched that game...every second of it...even commericals and I basically felt blank after it. :\
                    -03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
                  Working...
                  X