bigredman progress report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigredman progress report

Saw the doc today. My cancer markers are down again. When I started it was 1300. It is down to 400 today. Chemo appears to be working. As far as the pain, that is something that's part of the beast of this disease. They increased my pain meds some more. As far as the rib fracture, they don't believe it is a result of the chemo or cancer, although they will do a bone scan the next time they do my CAT scan on the tumors to be sure. The rash is gone so they were unable to identify what caused that. They thought it unusual that it only appeared on my knees and elbows. As far as being tired and the coldness, that too is a product of fighting the disease. My body is worn down and being less active due to the pain and not feeling good only adds to the symptom. I just have to keep as active as possible and exercise as much as I can tolerate. So I guess this is a good report.

Re: bigredman progress report

Great to hear the encouraging news, Randy. Keep fighting. We're thinking of you.

Comment

Keep fighting friend. Praying for you...
      This space for rent...

Comment

I had some excitement during my chemo today. Everything was going fine and then the machine switched over to a different bag of chemo med. Suddenly, I had a splitting headache and severe pain shot down my neck, through my back, and down my left leg. I thought I was having an heart attack. I press the panic button and the nurse shut down the machine. After a couple of minutes the pain subsided finally. What we determined was that I was being fed the new chemo drug to fast, so they slowed the drip rate and it was fine after that. Phew!

Comment

Keep battling BigRedman! Good Luck!
          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

That's good news, Red. Keep fighting. And tell the doctor to stop running that chemo through a garden hose. ha
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

That's great news, Big Red. Please know that even though many of us have never met you, that you are in our prayers. You are part of the family here and we are in your corner big time. Continue your daily fight. It is all you can do. God willing, you will prevail in the end. From the sound of it, you are on your way to doing just that. Keep it up!

Comment

Glad to hear things are going in the right direction. Keep fighting the fight Randy!

Comment

Hello BigRedMan: I may not have been part of this Ram family very long but I admire your candidness and transparency online with the rest of us to not only draw strength from but also to encourage you and I'm sure so many of us who have had family or friends who have been afflicted with cancer. If I can although I'm not Irish please email me @ [email protected] that I may send you an Irish blessing that someone sent me once. Keep up the good fight with all your courage!!

Comment

Keep fighting big man that's great news

Comment

Now, that's a man of courage! I'll be praying for your recovery.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFan16
                        Got my report card today
                        by RamsFan16
                        I did pretty good can't complain.

Gym: B (He gives everyone except serverly inactive lazy people then they got C's)
                        Contemporary Issues: C
                        Computer Applications: B
                        Energy & Enivromental Sciece: B
                        English 3: C+
                        Accounting 1: A
                        American History: D
                        Math: C

Never have been good at history. Not bad!
                        -10-25-2005, 04:47 PM
                      • adarian_too
                        In case you were wondering about dumb people ...
                        by adarian_too
                        This is supposedly a true story relative to a BWC accident report filed in an Australian BWC-type claims office.

Dear Sir:

I am writing in response to your request for additional information for Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later, were found to be slightly in excess of 500 lbs.

Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

You will note in Block 11 of the accident report that I weigh 175 lbs. Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed.

This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collar bone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report.

Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience a great deal of pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, that barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight.

As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked.

I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty...
                        -10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
                      • UtterBlitz
                        Injury report from USA Today
                        by UtterBlitz
                        Check out this injury report. We have a lot of injured players and a lot of guys out for the season already.

NFL Football Injuries
                        -10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
                      • laram0
                        The Mitchell Report (Today 2pm e.s.t.)
                        by laram0
                        This will be a press conference reporting on Major League Baseball and the 60 to 80 players linked to performance enhancing drugs.

I wonder who the players are? Supposedly the range goes from top to bottom. Meaning MVP's and All-Stars to the bench players.

This ought to be real interesting........

How's Bud Selig going to react to this report? Selig is supposed to hold a press conference 2 1/2 hours after the info comes out.
                        -12-13-2007, 09:36 AM
                      • emuen
                        Report: Anthony Spencer to visit the Rams today
                        by emuen
                        Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT, Profootballtalk.com

The Rams don’t have a lack of pass-rushers, but they’re looking at what could be a bargain addition to an already good group.

Former Cowboys franchise-tag recipient Anthony Spencer is visiting the Rams, according to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News.

Other than a visit with the Redskins, the market hasn’t been robust for Spencer, who is coming off microfracture surgery on his left knee which limited him to one game last year.

While he won’t get the kind of money and long-term security he would have before the knee issues, Spencer’s an interesting gamble for a team if they think he’s well enough to get back to his 11.0-sack form of 2012.

edit: added source
                        -03-16-2014, 08:00 AM
                      Working...
                      X