NCAA football 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA football 11

I decided this year to get myself a copy of ncaa football 11 and see what the all fuss was about. I also want to be able to import a proper draft class into madden 11! Im struggling to settle on a college team , right now im on the colorado state rams (just because they called the rams).

Who do you follow and why?

Who should i stick with??....

Re: NCAA football 11

I don't know much about the game nor do I intend to go very in depth with it. I just play with a few buddies of mine and learn from that. It's just something I bought to play an updated football game (get used to the controls for Madden 11).

Since we drafted Bradford, I've been playing with Oklahoma.

What kind of offense do you want to run? Are you looking for more of a pro-style team?
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
      I don't know much about the game nor do I intend to go very in depth with it. I just play with a few buddies of mine and learn from that. It's just something I bought to play an updated football game (get used to the controls for Madden 11).

Since we drafted Bradford, I've been playing with Oklahoma.

What kind of offense do you want to run? Are you looking for more of a pro-style team?
      Do your thumbs get sore from your QB starting out in the shotgun so many times?
      sigpic

Comment

i dont mind what kind of offense really. most of the playbooks are pretty much the same anyway. primarily i like to throw the ball but i also like having a strong run game, and a few trick plays thrown in!

im more interested in dynasty mode, building a team, recruiting good prospecs etc. i dont wanna jus use crimson tide or ohio state because they're already at the top.

i wouldnt mind stickin with colorado state, but can you improve them to the stage that alabama are at, and compete for major trophies etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Bing69 View Post
          i dont mind what kind of offense really. most of the playbooks are pretty much the same anyway. primarily i like to throw the ball but i also like having a strong run game, and a few trick plays thrown in!

im more interested in dynasty mode, building a team, recruiting good prospecs etc. i dont wanna jus use crimson tide or ohio state because they're already at the top.

i wouldnt mind stickin with colorado state, but can you improve them to the stage that alabama are at, and compete for major trophies etc?
          I hear you. Online I don't think you can do anything about using the Rams versus a highly ranked team like Florida. You may like using Boise State or the Oregon Ducks for that.

Dynasty, I believe you'd be able to improve them but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
          Do your thumbs get sore from your QB starting out in the shotgun so many times?
          It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it!
          Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I play with Florida or West Virginia typically as i like to have a stout defense and a mobile QB that can scramble and run the option as well as throw often. I use Mizzous playbook since they are my favorite team. Keep in mind i am basing all this off NCAA 10 but hope Gabbert will be much improved this year and i can use Mizzou full time. I am hoping for a ten win season out of my boys this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing69 View Post

yes you can..i started off with Fresno State which are a 3 star prestige school and after three undefeated years i was one of the top schools in the country..eventually as you get better you're offered to go to better conferences for example i was offered to go into Pac 10 which gives you a better chance at the BCS bowl game..either way if you go undefeated with which ever team you usually make the top 15 depending on your strength of schedule..games addicting, I recommend campus legend too..i got a kick out
              of that mode..btw its more funner starting off with low prestige schools because you get the satisfaction of making that school better

Comment

University of Miami, cant go wrong thats my team haha
                Built RAM tough

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysBackwards View Post
                  eventually as you get better you're offered to go to better conferences for example i was offered to go into Pac 10 which gives you a better chance at the BCS bowl game..
                  Thats a new feature that I didnt know was in the game, very cool for them to allow you to change confrences with improvment.

Anyway I just bought it yesterday, and looking for to improving auburns prestige

Comment

Receiving an invite to another conference has been in the game before; I remember my Mountaineers being invited at the end of the season after bowl games. I hear it's not available in online dynasty mode though.

I tried '11 this year. It's pretty solid, but finding the right mix of sliders is important. I rented the game and had to send it back to Blockbuster this afternoon, but earlier today I played a game against Syracuse that I thought for sure the game AI wanted to win. Two late game touchdowns and a recovered onside kick but I was able to hold them off.

Comment