How bout them Giants? (SF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout them Giants? (SF)

Pretty amazed here they were going to win it. Sure they are from the city that homes the Whiners but I've always had a soft spot for San Fran's baseball team. Just like us, they're a young team that picked up a few vets, have a good D via pitching and a well-talented pitcher. Try not to bag on me, Dodgers and Cards fans, please.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Re: How bout them Giants? (SF)

Being the Dodger fan that I am this Giants World Series win is kind of bittersweet.

I will say it's nice to see a team for the NL West win the Title.
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

World Series? When did that happen?

Comment

I pretty much hate any team from San Fransucko...sorry, but I feel how I feel....

Comment

i gotta ask..in this World Series you speak of...how did teams from the other 195 countries of the world do?

they never seem to get a mention...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
            i gotta ask..in this World Series you speak of...how did teams from the other 195 countries of the world do?

It's beyond me brah, and I sometimes wonder why Americans want to call a tackling and throwing sport "football" when it's only used during punting, kickoffs, and field goals. I honestly would rather name it gridiron but I've grown too accustomed to calling it football and the other futball, "soccer".

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

I wont bag on you but I will say the Dodgers having the season they had and Giants winning the world series was like having someone punch me in the gut. I was very pissed when they won it all. I hate that team with a passion. Only sports team I hate that much is the whiners.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post

Hey Toronto has a team and most the players in the world series are from a latin country

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                  Giants, Please Save Us From A Nightmare Scenario
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  Only the Giants can now stop the worst possible Super Bowl situation, Cheatriots vs. whiners. If it happens, who do you pull for?? What a horrible dilemma to have to make a choice on.

GO GIANTS!!
                  -01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
                • NY RAMFAN
                  What is going on with the giants and the umps?
                  by NY RAMFAN
                  What is going on with the giants and the umps?
                  I live in NY and I hate the giants. I hate the organization, I hate the coach, I hate the players (specially the qb) and I hate the fans.
                  But the last couple of games whenever there was a close call the umps have ruled in their favor.
                  Against the seahawks both TD were not, but today was disgusting, in just one drive they ruled un.rough for a legal hit and then a TD that was down by contact, I saw that without my glasses on.
                  T. Barber is a great back but I keep seeing uncalled holdings from their OL.
                  Is there something btwn the giants and the nfl?
                  Their are an awful team. We had them until we fumbled in their 10. Their schedule is one of the easier and they are in everybodys mouth and now the umps rule in their favor.
                  Am I the only one seeing that?
                  -12-17-2005, 05:59 PM
                • AvengerRam_old
                  5 Things the Rams can learn from the Champion Giants
                  by AvengerRam_old
                  1. Be Patient With Your Franchise QB. Here are Eli Manning's passer ratings for his first four seasons: 55.4, 75.9, 77.0, 73.9. Sam Bradford needs time and weapons. Give him both.

2. Front 4 Pressure Provides a Huge Advantage. If the Rams can one day generate the kind of pressure the Giants do with their front four by adding some DTs to Chris Long and Robert Quinn, that could become the core of the defense.

3. Don't Underestimate the Value of BPA Picks. When the Giants drafted Jason Pierre-Paul, they already had Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and Matthias Kiwanuka on their roster. However, this pick has paid HUGE dividends, not only in terms of JPP's play, but in the way he's helped them maintain their pass rush while Tuck and Osi were injured. Also, with JPP there, a guy like Osi failed in his effort to extort a new contract. You know... maybe I need to consider adding Quinton Coples to my next draft board...

4. Schemes Should Adjust to Players, Not the Other Way Around. When the Giants won the Super Bowl in 2006, it was thunder (Jacobs) and lightning (Bradshaw) leading the way. This time, it was Eli throwing to Nicks, Manningham and Cruz that got them to the big game. Same head coach, different players, different approach.

5. Just Make the Playoffs. The Giants (like last year's Packers) demonstrated that the playoffs are really a "second season" where seeding and home field advantage are important, but not necessarily determinative factors.
                  -02-06-2012, 08:54 AM
                • BigGameMN
                  Giants imploding, Lose to Titans
                  by BigGameMN
                  My goodness, the Giants are really going down. Did you guys see the implosion today vs the Titans? Up 21-0 in the 4th quarter and lose to a rookie QB? That was the largest 4th Quarter comeback ever for a rookie QB by the way. But the larger point is that of the Giants season. It seems every week another player is coming out and saying how they got out coached, starting with last year in the playoffs.

And then there's Eli Manning. I went to school with Eli at Ole Miss and saw almost all his games, and I really thought he might be better than Peyton. He did so much with inferior talent, and Peyton had all the tools to win a Nation Championship but couldn't get it done. But looking at Eli in the pros, it just seems like he's lost out there. His body language is terrible on the field and that has to rub off on the other players. Talk about a season falling apart.....
                  -11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
                • laram0
                  Local New York Giants Fan Club
                  by laram0
                  I was at a Giants Banquet yesterday. One that I attend every year because 2 of my close friends are the Persident and Vice President of the fan club. A couple of interesting topics arose. Their guest Speaker a guy by the name of Ken Palmer (writer for the Giant Insider) was questioned about a season ending injury to Dominque Hixon (4th receiver and punt returner). Ken responded by letting us know that the new field turf at the new Giants stadium is to blame. The way it was explained to him by the Giants staff is that this new turf takes a couple of months of use to settle and that using it as they have been is a gamble at best. The field is to soft until it settles. This is that field with the rubber pellets in it.

The other interesting development that occurred was that I won a prize at the banquet. Every year they ask everyone present at the banquet to predict the Giants upcoming won/loss record, a secret prediction. Well I was the only one that nailed it for last season. I was presented with an awesome ST. LOUIS RAMS SUPERBOWL XXXIV Stein!

GO RAMS!!!!
                  -06-20-2010, 06:58 AM
                Working...
                X